Slots

Charliepalmer

Slots

Post by Charliepalmer »

Is it possible to remove a slot limit for vehicles on console and it gets annoying and frustrating please

Edit don_apple: moved from german to english section.
thumbwiz

Re: Slots

Post by thumbwiz »

You should search for other threads about slots so you can understand what they are. They can't be removed due to console memory limits. Otherwise you're opening yourself up to some serious criticism.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Hello and welcome to console!

Sorry, this is not possible. Please have a look at the following topic for explanations on why the slot limit exists: viewtopic.php?f=893&t=98935
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

Just hold tight. Sony released some info about the new Playstation that should greatly increase slot counts for future games.

....System architect Mark Cerny told Wired that the next PlayStation console will be powered by a third-generation AMD Ryzen CPU with eight cores built on the company's 7nm Zen 2 microarchitecture. A custom Radeon GPU will support ray tracing and 3D audio rendering, as well as resolutions up to 8K, and its SSD can load games in a flash.

The biggest news, otherwise, is that it'll be backwards compatible with the PS4 and current PS VR headset. Cerny also said it will continue to support physical media, but didn't confirm much else like a name or potential launch window other than not-in-2019.
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Previous reports have stated that it won't be for several years, so I wouldn't get your hopes too high just yet :lol:
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

Smith Modding wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:41 am
The only legit report simply said "not 2019" everything else is speculative at best.

...but didn't confirm much else like a name or potential launch window other than not-in-2019.

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

Don't get on that path. We have to deal with "those PC-guys" don't fight each other console users :lol:
PS4 und PC
Charliepalmer

Post by Charliepalmer »

What about bringing the amount of slots used for vehicles and equipment down to a minimum such as the John Deer brand because that is just way to high as some are slots reaching within 30-40 slots just for 1 tractor. it’s a bit over the top any other console user agree?
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

It's just not possible.. I will say this; I have 3 tractors, a telehandler, the big new Holland sprayer, the lizard roadrunner, the biggest NH harvester with two headers, the challenger manure spreader, the lizard pickup, the Mahindra Retriever, 24 pieces of equipment, 5 trailers of different kinds, two animal pens, two silos with an extension, the doghouse, root crop storage, two of the multi filling stations, 5 misc placeables and 15 placeable trees. I'm using 1019/1299 slots on the old stream, starting in farm manager mode. That seems plenty to me.

PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

I dare say the newer models in the game aren't going to go backwards.. the more detailed and complex the model the more slots it will take up.. it would beg to reason that the slot count is only going to rise with each iteration of the game and your only hope is that consoles will keep up with evolving games.. giants has some of the most detailed vehicle models ive ever seen in a game and I hope this doesn't change as its one of my favorite things about the game
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Charliepalmer wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:20 am What about bringing the amount of slots used for vehicles and equipment down to a minimum such as the John Deer brand because that is just way to high as some are slots reaching within 30-40 slots just for 1 tractor. it’s a bit over the top any other console user agree?
Compare the graphic details both inside and out, and the customisations available between a high slot count tractor and a low slot count one. Slots generally equal memory used.

If you buy more than one of the same item, they tend to cost between 1-5 slots each after the first one.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Unless it has changed, the same tractor, tool etc just uses 1 slot.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Smith Modding wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:41 am Previous reports have stated that it won't be for several years, so I wouldn't get your hopes too high just yet :lol:
Reveal date is 2019 and release date Q3-Q4 2020. PS5 is the reason why Sony is not attending E3 2019.
They will hold their own event for the reveal of PS5 and PS5 Pro (a wide spread assumption).
And the revelaed specs so far are just the regular PS5 specs. For the Pro they tend to supersede Google's Stadia which has 10.7 terraflops of GPU power.
PS5 Pro will probably be an equivalent of a high end gaming rig with about a thousand dolars of price tag (regular $ 399).
And as far as I'm aware, some developers already got their hands on the dev kits or about to get them.
Probably Giants will have theirs before the reveal event.
Apart from the dates, all I mentioned is just a wide spread assumption based on leaks and rumors.
PS5 / FS22
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Guil wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:02 am Unless it has changed, the same tractor, tool etc just uses 1 slot.
I thought I had seen some in the mod hub taking more but can’t be sure.
Guil

Post by Guil »

I'm nearly sure they have to be the exact same configuration but not sure, maybe someone on console can test it?