GPS Mod?

hpz937

Re: GPS Mod?

Post by hpz937 »

I have been using the feature branch as well, I did switch back as I had a couple issue was, 1 a mod conflict, and 2 me not fully understanding how to operate it. However I love where this is going. Thanks wopster.
Moshek

Post by Moshek »

Hey Wopster, I haven't tried your guidance mod yet, but I do look forward to giving it a shot...

One note, and maybe this is already a feature...

I worked at a company years ago designing and writing software for GPS based auto steering for agriculture equipment (I won't say which one)..

One feature we had in addition to A-B mode was A-Heading mode, which let you set a degree heading, and just choose an A point... It would automatically calculate a distant B point, and use that for the A-B line. This was extremely handy for guys that wanted to run three auto steering combines for example, they could each set an A point with the same heading, and work side by side.

Anyways, thanks for all the amazing mod work you guys do, you make the game amazing.
Wopster

Post by Wopster »

A+ heading is already partly implemented.. just have to connect the GUI to it. ^^
Moshek

Post by Moshek »

Nice :) how long until you have pivot irrigation and contour following? J/K!

Thanks for your hard work!
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

So what is the latest status and development of the Guidance Steering Mod? I see on the GitHub the Master Branch has had no updates or anything for 2 months. On the Finite State Feature branch I see it's had updates 8 days ago that add handland mode to the GUI. However in game this doesn't seem to perform any function. Turn Left, Turn Right, Stop or Off don't seem to do anything in game. If anything I notice now if I am using cruise control a vehicle doesn't stop when it passes the field edge and just continues driving on the current GPS Line until it crashes into something.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Wopster

Post by Wopster »

Understand that this is not the only mod i work on.

Just released Manual attach and also working on Seasons.. can't do everything at the same time.

A feature branch is NOT ment to be played but is for development only. (The master branch is the only playable branch)
I've been working on the statemachine a bit to control different headland modes. It's a complete overhaul on controlling the guidance.
So you can use that branch all you want but i am not going to listen to bugs on that branch till it's merged to the master branch again.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Ahh okay thanks for clarifying the difference between the two branches. I'll switch back to the Master Branch Version then.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

3rd pedal

Post by 3rd pedal »

Wopster... got a question on the guidance and was wondering if you will clarify on if there will be a display on screen like in 17' for 19'. it is much easier to dial in and keep on going while rather than stopping the tractor and bring up the menu and correct it with the a to the b. I understand that it is still wip so wanted to see if there is anything you can give in some thoughts into this.
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

there are key bindings for the most common things you will need, which means you can do a bulk of the things you need without stopping or entering the guidance menu
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
_LIFAD_

Post by _LIFAD_ »

@Wopster: apparently your guidance steering is not compatible with the free Holmer DLC. At least i can not choose it when buying a Terra Variant. I think this has to do with the vehicletype not being a ordinary tractor or something? Can I add a line of code somewhere to add GPS to them, until there is "official" future update?
Wopster

Post by Wopster »

_LIFAD_ wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:41 pm @Wopster: apparently your guidance steering is not compatible with the free Holmer DLC. At least i can not choose it when buying a Terra Variant. I think this has to do with the vehicletype not being a ordinary tractor or something? Can I add a line of code somewhere to add GPS to them, until there is "official" future update?
Get the latest version from Github.. it's been fixed since the day it got released.
3rd pedal

Post by 3rd pedal »

b101uk wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 7:47 am there are key bindings for the most common things you will need, which means you can do a bulk of the things you need without stopping or entering the guidance menu
Is it possible for me to change the binding where i want it to be on? IE: on saitek panel
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

3rd pedal wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:42 pm
b101uk wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 7:47 am there are key bindings for the most common things you will need, which means you can do a bulk of the things you need without stopping or entering the guidance menu
Is it possible for me to change the binding where i want it to be on? IE: on saitek panel
yes, its just a case of going into the key-binding options in-game (this can be done while you are playing), then you will see the keyboard bindings on the first page, then there is a button at the bottom to show the pages for gamepad, wheels and joysticks etc, which will allow you to see the bindings for them, you should see your saitek panel then listed, it is then just a case of browsing down the relevant column until you find the section with the GPS bindings.

however you may need to unbind some less useful functions from the saitek panel first, to avoid buttons doing two things and thus freeing them up for you to use them for the guidance functions (you can also make a backup of the inputBinding.xml that can be found at C:\Users\YourUserNameHere\Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2019\ before you do any rebinding in-game, so you can reinstate it in case you make a mistake)

the most useful to have to hand together are:
GS_ENABLE_STEERING = turns on/off autosteering.
GS_AXIS_SHIFT = (two buttons) shifts the centreline of the A-B path left/right.
GS_AXIS_REALIGN = re-centres the A-B path to the centre-point of the tractor (but not the heading of the tractor per se).
GS_SETPOINT = places the A and B points and cancels the currant A-B path.

less important:
GS_SHOW_UI = shows the guidance menu UI.
GS_SET_AUTO_WIDTH = automatically detects the width.
GS_AXIS_WIDTH = (two buttons) manual adjust the width.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
wombles

Post by wombles »

I love what Wopster has done with GPS, having to buy it does make me splutter a bit :(, that's the way it should be though (having too buy it not the heart pumping bit). Thank you Wopster.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Yeah am loving the GPS mod that Wopster has come up with, now I've spent many hours with it and got used to it. It's actually quite simple to use for me now I have keys bound to my controller. Would not play the game with the Guidance Steering Mod now. I also like that it functions well in Multiplayer. One feature however that I would like to see get added to the mod is the ability to share a course/track between vehicles/players at the same time. For example if I have a pretty large field and there are three players in Combines, if Player A creates the GPS Course for the field and starts at lane 1, I'd like to see Player B be able to copy that course and be able to start on lane 2 and like wise Player C be able to copy the course and start on lane 3. Right now it's a bit awkward to do this as you have to do a lot of manual course shifting and centring after loading a previously saved track.