Horsch Pack DLC not a DLC!

OlD MrD

Re: Horsch Pack DLC not a DLC!

Post by OlD MrD »

Wopster wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:45 pm I normally like to avoid topics like this.. but yeah i will drop some thoughts. Don't take it all to negative, see it as feedback. :mrgreen:
.... snip ....
I thought you would have come with a brilliant idea instead of just moving the problem.
So you will end up with a capped storage for DLC's and then someone will start a thread: X DLC Should NOT be a DLC
Feedback is always good :hi:

I would say this is the issue here, as far as I’m aware the only limitation on DLC storage is the physical size of your Hard Drive (either internal external or both) same as any other game/add on.
And maybe that’s the terminology that best describes this. There are many console games with add ons that have no storage restrictions. So if Giants choose to release their own packs as addons (dlc) then this would be a massive difference for the console players.
As soon as it becomes a Mod it is counted against the virtual mod limit of 4gb. Added to this Giants have already proved they can do this with the few tractor “DLC” addons they have added to FS19 already.

This is a lot less obvious on PC as the only limit for mods is the physical hard drive space.

I will add to this discussion that when I first asked the question I incorrectly presumed this was a Giants DLC as Facebook stated when in fact it’s not. It’s a Giants tools pack (could be DLC) and a VertexDesign map (would have to be a mod).

As to weather or not it being a DLC addon would slow the release I think I would be ok with that :shock:

As other poster have stated some of this is mitigated by the ability to add and remove mods easily, but again some users don’t have good enough internet for that.

As an additional thought maybe adding too many DLC addons is also limited by how many “loaded” items the games can handle so could be a reason behind this? (But I’m fairly sure that last batman game had about 30 dlc addons so it is possible.)
Farming Simulator 15/17/19/22 on SeriesX & PC
Current tractor : Case IH 1455 XL
Current Map : Old Stream Farm
Michael5941

Post by Michael5941 »

Deadeye wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:17 pm
Michael5941 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:00 pm
Deadeye wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:57 pm Of this I was well aware. I just don't think that it makes any difference. It's free. Take it as it is.
Oh I'm happy no issues and It doesn't bother me that it is a mod.
That's what mean. I mean, even if it does have some minor bugs, surely they will be fixed soon (most modders are good about that it seems) but it was free. It's a fair bit of content for no extra charge. People shouldn't really complain about it. I haven't played the map, and I have yet to download the equipment (I will once I find a use for them), but it appears to be well worth the price. (Free) :lol:
Yeah for what it's worth it definitely worth every second spent downloading it. Well not the map lol. I love the look and feel of the map as well as the story behind it but I'm not into big fields I mean Field 7 is 212 acres (86 hectares) a little to big for me lol.
PS4 User(PSN- LoneWolf5841)
Enjoying FS19 on PS4
Thanks to the modders for the wonderful work they do, Happy Farming :hi:
Michael5941

Post by Michael5941 »

OlD MrD wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:24 pm As to weather or not it being a DLC addon would slow the release I think I would be ok with that :shock:
I would also be ok with the ectra wait but given that a lot of people complained that mods was taking "too long" to release back when Giants was short on staff I'm pretty positive that tge extra time would cause a repeat of that exact event as a lot if people are impatient.

On the internet issues my internet is 400 mb/s download speed so it's not a big deal for me but I have noticed that mods download faster than DLC for example the Anderson pack downloaded slower than the Estancia map which the map is a bigger file size than the Anderson DLC the difference is 1 is downloaded from the modhub(map) the other from the store (Anderson DLC) so making it a DLC would actually be worse (for ps4 users don't know about Xbox) for people with bad internet as content from the store downloads slower than from the modhub in my experience.

Estancia took less than 1 minute to download The Anderson DLC took 2 minutes I don't know the file sizes exactly but Estancia is 700 mb and the Anderson DLC is like 100 or 200mb I believe.

Point being is the PlayStation store *censored* compared to the modhub

Edit just looked it up Anderson is 1.18 mb
Enjoying FS19 on PS4
throsbi

Post by throsbi »

and you people still can not figure out why many map makers and modders have either stopped/left FS or have went to private forums/communities..............
OlD MrD

Post by OlD MrD »

throsbi wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:04 pm and you people still can not figure out why many map makers and modders have either stopped/left FS or have went to private forums/communities..............
This thread is not about the actual mod or it’s quality either way?

But if you want to start looking into that . . .

If this is a general MOD and not a Giants DLC why was it rated 4 star and a “Top Mod” at launch? Don’t MOD’s have to earn that just saying it seems sometime it’s OK to bend the rules.

On top of that no Modder presumes everyone will like there mod that’s part of the creative process, you think everyone likes a Lamborghini aventador? Nope some will some won’t that just how the world works.

So I ask every one in this thread to stay on topic of should this be a DLC or a modhub download. Not start rating the mid & map (there are plenary of other threats doing that.
Farming Simulator 15/17/19/22 on SeriesX & PC
Current tractor : Case IH 1455 XL
Current Map : Old Stream Farm
Fifty1990

Post by Fifty1990 »

Yeah we are not shitting on the mods. But the way some off them are released. Just to bad a lot of people see this so negative with console people not happy with free dlc/mod. I am Very HAPPY with every dlc or mod even the 100th balefork and will test it to see if its good and rate it what its worth and sometimes a bit more.

The problem also concerns mp because a lot off games have all the mods enabled and don’t make an effort to sort what they use and don’t. This makes it very difficult joining a server.
Fifty1990 is the gamertag on ps4. Farm on people *thumbsup* :mrgreen:
Pafarmer

Post by Pafarmer »

Been away on vacation haven’t touched the game in two weeks and haven’t been keeping up with forum. Just skipped through this thread. And I like the horsh pack liked it at the end of fs17 and is a game changer for me. As far as slots and download space go I’ve never had a problem. Just my opinion!
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

Fifty1990 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:57 am Yeah we are not shitting on the mods. But the way some off them are released. Just to bad a lot of people see this so negative with console people not happy with free dlc/mod. I am Very HAPPY with every dlc or mod even the 100th balefork and will test it to see if its good and rate it what its worth and sometimes a bit more.

The problem also concerns mp because a lot off games have all the mods enabled and don’t make an effort to sort what they use and don’t. This makes it very difficult joining a server.
I have FS19 on PC so it's easier now, but I had that issue with friends anytime I played FS17 on PS4. I don't know if it's any different now, but there should definitely be an easier way for you console guys to set up mods to play with one another. When I played '17 on the PS4 the best I could do was screenshot a list of all of my mods to a friend and send it. Even that was difficult because if one version of a mod was different it would not work. That is definitely something i'd like to see improved for you guys.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
Michael5941

Post by Michael5941 »

Deadeye wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:17 am
Fifty1990 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:57 am Yeah we are not shitting on the mods. But the way some off them are released. Just to bad a lot of people see this so negative with console people not happy with free dlc/mod. I am Very HAPPY with every dlc or mod even the 100th balefork and will test it to see if its good and rate it what its worth and sometimes a bit more.

I have FS19 on PC so it's easier now, but I had that issue with friends anytime I played FS17 on PS4. I don't know if it's any different now, but there should definitely be an easier way for you console guys to set up mods to play with one another. When I played '17 on the PS4 the best I could do was screenshot a list of all of my mods to a friend and send it. Even that was difficult because if one version of a mod was different it would not work. That is definitely something i'd like to see improved for you guys.
A simple "install missing mods" option would be a fix for that
Enjoying FS19 on PS4
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

Michael5941 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:20 am
Deadeye wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:17 am

A simple "install missing mods" option would be a fix for that
That would definitely do it. I've always thought that would be a simple solution.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
Michael5941

Post by Michael5941 »

Deadeye wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:23 am That would definitely do it. I've always thought that would be a simple solution.
Now if only it was added :lol:
Enjoying FS19 on PS4
Fifty1990

Post by Fifty1990 »

Michael5941 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:24 am
Deadeye wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:23 am That would definitely do it. I've always thought that would be a simple solution.
Solves part of the problem but not all of it. People need to filter their mp saves on what they want to use and use in stead off select all mods. Today i had 15 games available in my language 3 or 4 did a selection off mods the rest was like almost everything from release till now. And then they still need to accept you
Fifty1990 is the gamertag on ps4. Farm on people *thumbsup* :mrgreen:
Michael5941

Post by Michael5941 »

Fifty1990 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:42 am
Michael5941 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:24 am
Solves part of the problem but not all of it. People need to filter their mp saves on what they want to use and use in stead off select all mods. Today i had 15 games available in my language 3 or 4 did a selection off mods the rest was like almost everything from release till now. And then they still need to accept you
I don't play MP much so I can't really relate to the struggles, but it sounds ruff
Enjoying FS19 on PS4
Reed Engineering

Post by Reed Engineering »

It’s not a dlc because it’s a mod it’s as simple as that. The dlc is probably a typo left from fs17 when it was a dlc.

Something that really is getting on my nerves though is that every single day I come on to the form all I see in console players moaning about something again. I mean damn we must have 50 threads if not more moaning about the slot count. Now I have bit my tongue long enough. I have been in modding for years and the the only game I know that will let you have mods on consoles is fallout 4 and they have never in 4 years ever once moaned about how badly they are treated against how pc is favoured.

I regret the day that giants ever let mods on console because you are some of the most ungrateful and self entitled gamers I have had had the mush fortune to have to share a game with.

I actually feel sorry for all the grateful, friendly console players because at some point they will lose out on having mods because modders are absolutely sick of the moaning and whining and if you don’t believe that then you should look on the groups and forums us pc players and modders are on. Why do you think so many modders have walked away from the mod hub? I myself have been thinking for sometime now on if I want my new map on the mod hub or not. And that winds me up because as I said there are some awesome console players about some I hold I high regard. I’m now calling on giants to give you lot a console area on the forum so I don’t have to keep reading the trip that is posted. And yes I’m entitled to ask for that and comment on this debacle as, as you all keep reminding giants I’m myself a paying customer and I’m not happy they my hard earned money is paying towards the cost of hosting a forum full of ungrateful kids!!!
Pc Player
My FaceBook Page WMRmodding
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Someone lock this thread please