Horsch Pack DLC not a DLC!

OlD MrD

Horsch Pack DLC not a DLC!

Post by OlD MrD »

Not wanting to sound like a broken record but NOT a DLC!! Come in Giants

Why have you added this to the Modhub and not as a real DLC?

I was excited to get this back in game but now as a console player it being a mod so counts against the storage limit makes it a lot less useful.

On a side note why is the pack auto downloading the Map claiming it’s required?

Please remember your poor console players and the limitations they have when adding 650mb mods!!! This should be a DLC
Farming Simulator 15/17/19/22 on SeriesX & PC
Current tractor : Case IH 1455 XL
Current Map : Old Stream Farm
Goose66

Re: Horsch Pack DLC not a DLC!

Post by Goose66 »

You can delete the map
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
Stevo0114

Post by Stevo0114 »

I know like you I am also a console user as I explained in another thread was disappointed as Giants know that slot count is an issue for us console players! I have deleted map until we get some bigger trailers I e bsm tipping trailer with attachment support so hopefully bsm will convert it here's hoping!
Love FS fav tractor Case I h. FS 19 has caught up and is now for me better than fs17
Playing on xbox one x, Thanks to Giants and all modders who make the game great.
Love this community so thanks guys
OlD MrD

Post by OlD MrD »

Goose66 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:47 pm You can delete the map
Yes I’m aware of that,
and I have no download restrictions and a fast connection.

Other people are not so lucky so the extra for the map could be very annoying for some.

So I would suggest it’s still a bug / issue
Deora

Post by Deora »

Giant’s never said it would be a DLC.
FS19 and FS22 on PS4
OlD MrD

Post by OlD MrD »

Stevo0114 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:51 pm I know like you I am also a console user as I explained in another thread was disappointed as Giants know that slot count is an issue for us console players! I have deleted map until we get some bigger trailers I e bsm tipping trailer with attachment support so hopefully bsm will convert it here's hoping!
It’s not a SLOT count issue I’m OK with slots.

It is that this is a 650mb download that as it’s a “mod” counts against the console 4g limit. If it was a DLC it would not count against any limits thus would be a very useful pack.

Even just the tools pack at 182mb is a lot if you only want to use one or two of the tools.

Just seems like a we don’t play on console so we don’t care decision to make this a mod rather than an actual DLC

(And yes I’m sure a few more hoops have to be jumped through to add DLC’s to the Sony & MS stores but it can’t really be that bad for a free DLC?)
OlD MrD

Post by OlD MrD »

Deora wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:07 pm Giant’s never said it would be a DLC.
I’m not stating they did, I’m asking why it isn’t.

Again I play on console, PC & Mac! So for me if I want to use it it’s not a big deal.

I’m just asking why are some decisions being made that seem to help the console/pc divide get wider?
eric21

Post by eric21 »

You mean you are doing that yourself?
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

It is a real issue. I asked that a few weeks ago, if at some Point the Giants-Mods could be added into the game. I got a "I Hand it to the developers"-answer on that and never heard about it. Next giants-mod: Bam - Modhub - see you later mod-space. Espeacialy the estanicia lapacho map with its 600 something MB is laughable. I cannot enjoy the map enough to spend over 20 % space.

At one Point I will try to download all and only giants mods (incl horsch-Pack) and see how much space it costs...
PS4 und PC
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

Deora wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:07 pm Giant’s never said it would be a DLC.
Actually they kinda did, the trailer for it says Horsch DLC!
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

this is where the confusion comes from, our community coordinator posted a video calling it a DLC

MrMarcel5
GIANTS Software | QA Analyst

Post by MrMarcel5 »

Chris isn't wrong tho.
Technically every "Mod" from Giants is an DLC.
But they are only putting "pay" Mods, they made, into the DLC category.

Remember Giants has notin to do with the Slot system, the console manufacturers made that rule.
If you're not happy with the Mods system on the Console, just complain @ Microsoft/Sony, or switch to PC.
Wopster

Post by Wopster »

^
Yes indeed Marcel, by definition every mod is a DLC (downloadable content).

You guys should hear yourself.. whining about FREE content not being in your favor.
FFS be happy you have mods in the first place on your console.

Some people enjoy complaining as much as they enjoy doing nothing about it.
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

Very true...some people would complain if they were hung with a new rope..
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
OlD MrD

Post by OlD MrD »

MrMarcel5 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:25 pm Remember Giants has notin to do with the Slot system, the console manufacturers made that rule.
If you're not happy with the Mods system on the Console, just complain @ Microsoft/Sony, or switch to PC.
Again I’m not questioning the SLOT system I’m more than happy with the reasons for the slot system.

This is a storage space “choice” that could be made better for console players by Giants.

On console MODs in the modhub are only downloadable into your FS Storage folder. This is limited to 4gb (I believe by Sony & MS).
DLC is separate to that that.
DLC so is only limited by the amount of storage your entire console has (and the users choice of how to use it).
This mean if the content is released as DLC then the console users can have it installed and use it without it filling the “limited” MODHUB space.

I’m not actually complaining about the mods them selves and yes of course I’m more than happy Giants have added this for free for everyone.

I’m asking the question especially with this “DLC Pack” why the choice was made to not actually make it a DLC. We do in fact have other DLC already (including the Mahindra 1000, Valtra N Gold) so it can be done.

So the question is still why are Giant deciding to release these bigger packs and maps (I include Estancia Lapacho in this question) as Mods rather than DLC as this would make a big difference to the console community.