Horsch Pack DLC not a DLC!

Niggels

Re: Horsch Pack DLC not a DLC!

Post by Niggels »

Now I have seen everything... Wow guys, well done! *thumbsdown*
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

Personally i am pretty happy that this pack is a .zip file not .dlc file. DLC file is encrypted what cannot be opened and modified. This means all paid DLC-s and Platinum add-on vehicles cannot be modified by the players/modders. Also this means, if one day FS21 comes, if these machines not converted by Giants, players are not able to convert them too.

For example in FS17 Platinum DLC there was Massey Ferguson MF 4709, since Giants did not convert it and it was inside .dlc file, this tractor will be never come to FS19.

Info about DLC file:
https://fileinfo.com/extension/dlc
OlD MrD

Post by OlD MrD »

Niggels wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:08 pm Now I have seen everything... Wow guys, well done! *thumbsdown*
As I have repeated I have nothing against the items in the pack. I don’t see anyone actually complaining about the items or the map.
I have always liked VertexDesign mods. And have grate respect for all modders without them FS would struggle to continue.

It’s giants chosen delivery method (on console) that the question is about. I see no reason they can’t release it either both be on the modhub and a dlc (give us the choice) or if needs be on modhub for PC/Mac and via free DLC for console.
Technically if the map is Vertex then maybe it’s not allowed as a DLC this could be the reason, but the tools are Giants so could be?

This is why I’m asking the question as to why this choice was made.

I have no space left for mods because Giants keep using the “MOD” space on console for DLC packs then I can’t use the community created Mods. (An over simplification).
Farming Simulator 15/17/19/22 on SeriesX & PC
Current tractor : Case IH 1455 XL
Current Map : Old Stream Farm
eric21

Post by eric21 »

How can run out of space already? I have 6 maps installed and lots of equipment?
Stevo0114

Post by Stevo0114 »

Eric what I do is delete the maps to free up space but keep your save game just reinstall when u need said map you probs know that but just saying
Love FS fav tractor Case I h. FS 19 has caught up and is now for me better than fs17
Playing on xbox one x, Thanks to Giants and all modders who make the game great.
Love this community so thanks guys
eric21

Post by eric21 »

No i have lots of space left I'm referring to Old MRD, thin is people download lots of stuff but dont touch it, happened in fs17 too
OlD MrD

Post by OlD MrD »

eric21 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:08 pm No i have lots of space left I'm referring to Old MRD, thin is people download lots of stuff but dont touch it, happened in fs17 too
Yes Eric and Stevo I do indeed do the same keeping the game save but deleting currently unused maps/mods. Protip *thumbsup*

But that’s why I noted this so quick I installed the pack and jumped from 27% to 49% a big jump.

Mod swapping is fine for those of us with fast unlimited internet. But I have mates who are playing in the middle of the countryside on satellite internet and would struggle to download 600mb once let alone swap it as needed. :gamer: :search: in fact two of them visit me with there xboxes to download any big updates :wink3:
Farming Simulator 15/17/19/22 on SeriesX & PC
Current tractor : Case IH 1455 XL
Current Map : Old Stream Farm
Michael5941

Post by Michael5941 »

OlD MrD wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:12 pm
Deora wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:07 pm Giant’s never said it would be a DLC.
I’m not stating they did, I’m asking why it isn’t.

Again I play on console, PC & Mac! So for me if I want to use it it’s not a big deal.

I’m just asking why are some decisions being made that seem to help the console/pc divide get wider?
It's not, because according to every developer out their it is a complicated process to submit a DLC to PlayStation store, steam, and Microsoft store apparently uploading it as a mod is much easier. Plus for me personally I'm glad it's a Mod as I can install/uninstall it from the in game modhub, much easier. Also I don't use the map myself only the tools before installation I had 47% used after installation of the tools it went up to like 56% used if I remember correctly not a massive jump, I have 74 mods 4 maps and 2 DLC and I'm only 6% over 50% so we have plenty of mod space.
PS4 User(PSN- LoneWolf5841)
Enjoying FS19 on PS4
Thanks to the modders for the wonderful work they do, Happy Farming :hi:
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

Umm....We're complaining about a free DLC now??? I'm lost.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
Michael5941

Post by Michael5941 »

Deadeye wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:34 am Umm....We're complaining about a free DLC now??? I'm lost.
They are complaining about it being released as a mod instead as a DLC, don't know why it would release as a DLC though as it's made by vertexdesigns not Giants by all means it is a mod. If you don't like it don't download it and if the mod space bothers you enough to need to complain about it not being released as a DLC then get a PC, and don't say anything about not having enough money they make savings accounts for a reason people save up for a PC simple. Also before people jumps on me yes I'm a console user if you read my signature it states I'm currently on PS4 where I'm happy to be no plans on moving so the mod space is just something to get used to *thumbsup*
Enjoying FS19 on PS4
Fifty1990

Post by Fifty1990 »

Wopster wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:29 pm ^
Yes indeed Marcel, by definition every mod is a DLC (downloadable content).

You guys should hear yourself.. whining about FREE content not being in your favor.
FFS be happy you have mods in the first place on your console.

Some people enjoy complaining as much as they enjoy doing nothing about it.
Come and play on the console version of this game and you will understand this question or “whining”. They will take our money so they will need to take the whines also.
Fifty1990 is the gamertag on ps4. Farm on people *thumbsup* :mrgreen:
andydragon61

Post by andydragon61 »

You guys should hear yourself.. whining about FREE content not being in your favor.

There should not be a difference between PC and console, this creates a two version game. Giants are relying on the MODDERS to complete their work. The game is bugged and frustrating as console users are having to delete maps to access enough space.
The stuff that is being stated that Sony/Microsoft are putting in the download limit and slots issue, really!!!!

There is no game I have come across with this restriction, and limitations. Giants should be finding away around this and not allow others to complete their game as they are not willing to invest 100% of time and effort in building a complete game (example horses that cant breed, you have to spend hours riding them to increase their value). There should be no need for modders to improve the game Giants should be looking to do this

Most games are at least 50gb, where as FS19 is 10gb. Giants if they actually cared about their products would up date the game regularly to include all mods so that console users would have their storage limit reset, relieving the issue.

As for Whining, really! console users want the same product as a pc user end of. Console users are 88% of the FS19 community as reported by giants. If GIANTS where to sit and answer some of the questions and listen to ideas then the community would not be writing such negative comments. Console users just want to be treated equal.

Sony and Microsoft developed windows 10 so they could close the gap on this issue, once again money making is their main interest

I would say I would stop playing FS19, but its a great game that at best 70% complete.

So please stop this PC v Console stuff and have giants listen to his customers and paying public.

And before you say go buy a PC, maybe you should ask why a company produces a game that is clearly not ready for console users

regards
Michael5941

Post by Michael5941 »

andydragon61 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:57 am

There should not be a difference between PC and console, this creates a two version game.

And before you say go buy a PC, maybe you should ask why a company produces a game that is clearly not ready for console users

regards
1st the difference is due to Sony and Microsoft not Giants not much they can do about it. They can't keep adding everything as DLC.

Secondly like I said previously Giants releases to consoles because they can, they can't help that Sony and Microsoft added limitations on their consoles, they have to abide by them no matter what we want. Giants said it previously that adding everything as a DLC is complicated and if I'm not mistaken they are also limited to how much DLC they can release. In other words eventually they'll have to go back to mods. Also if they added it as a DLC it would be a lot more complicated for the modders as their creations will have to go through Giants as well as Sony and Microsoft before released causing longer wait times and inevitably more complaints that content is being released too slowly. Also it would probably push a lot of modders away as it's is definitely going to be a lot more complicated than uploaded to the modhub. Point being is it would cause more trouble than good.
Enjoying FS19 on PS4
Fifty1990

Post by Fifty1990 »

Michael5941 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:09 am
andydragon61 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:57 am

There should not be a difference between PC and console, this creates a two version game.

regards
1st the difference is due to Sony and Microsoft not Giants not much they can do about it. They can't keep adding everything as DLC.

Secondly like I said previously Giants releases to consoles because they can, they can't help that Sony and Microsoft added limitations on their consoles, they have to abide by them no matter what we want. Giants said it previously that adding everything as a DLC is complicated and if I'm not mistaken they are also limited to how much DLC they can release. In other words eventually they'll have to go back to mods. Also if they added it as a DLC it would be a lot more complicated for the modders as their creations will have to go through Giants as well as Sony and Microsoft before released causing longer wait times and inevitably more complaints that content is being released too slowly. Also it would probably push a lot of modders away as it's is definitely going to be a lot more complicated than uploaded to the modhub. Point being is it would cause more trouble than good.
If they release all giants mods as dlc it would make a big improvement. Like on this moment release all mods labeled from giants software as dlc we get more than 1 gb back from modhub storage. They did the game changing mods from fs15 also as dlc. And it would not take any extras from modders because releasing on modhub or dlc needs to follow the same rules from sony.
Fifty1990 is the gamertag on ps4. Farm on people *thumbsup* :mrgreen:
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

And you'd then whine and moan because maps etc would take even longer to appear
This thread is unbelievable. We've got a large package FREE. We get hundreds of free mods. The mods use storage space, just like all the other FS games. Nothing has changed. You knew due to limitations you get a certain amount on console.
I swear if it was released as dlc and they charged £1 you lot would still bloody moan
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66