Re: Horsch Pack DLC not a DLC!

Post by bossmanslim »

The good:
  • It's free, so when we get to the bad, it still isn't that bad
  • Another map, I don't like it but I'm sure some people do
  • More equipment options and having wider planters are much needed
The bad
  • Tank trailer is in the wrong category
  • Running gear for seed runner and tank is about as amateur as I've seen out of Giants. These items are intended to be truck mounted, so no real running gear exists. They both should have been trailers, not wagons, and had more substantial sub structure. Edit: Supposedly these will mount on the back of trucks; but this is not intuitive from the description nor game. (how it works: https://youtu.be/BkNcEX68fZs?t=574)
  • Planter feed rates are still wrong, so if I use them I will immediately edit the seed tank capacity
Wopster

Post by Wopster »

I normally like to avoid topics like this.. but yeah i will drop some thoughts. Don't take it all to negative, see it as feedback. :mrgreen:
andydragon61 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:57 am There should not be a difference between PC and console, this creates a two version game. Giants are relying on the MODDERS to complete their work. The game is bugged and frustrating as console users are having to delete maps to access enough space.
The stuff that is being stated that Sony/Microsoft are putting in the download limit and slots issue, really!!!!
You will never avoid having two versions when you have to deal with consoles. It's all because of the limited resources you have available on those units. Also, all games are in theory moddable: look at GTA or Skyrim for example. I wouldn't be surprised to see people whining about those mods not being available on consoles.. OH wait they don't have mod support. You see, no matter what you do, people will find a way to mock on it. You should be happy you have mods in the first place and realise that FS was one of the first games to even support it (if not the first!).
Game being bugged: sure there are bugs (there's no such thing as 'bug free' software) but I must say (been around since 2008) that this release isn't that bad at all.
However I do disagree with their patching strategies, which makes the bug experience worse for end users. Patches are suppose to be small and fix bugs.. not 1.5gb of new features and fixes lol.

To comment on your last sentence there: yes really.
andydragon61 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:57 am There is no game I have come across with this restriction, and limitations.
So what games have you played that support mods? :D
andydragon61 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:57 am Sony and Microsoft developed windows 10 so they could close the gap on this issue, once again money making is their main interest
Euh, you should check your sources.. lol. Also not sure why this has anything todo with a game..
andydragon61 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:57 am So please stop this PC v Console stuff and have giants listen to his customers and paying public.
Noone started any..
I do agree however on the fact that they should listen a bit more. ;)
Fifty1990 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:55 am If they release all giants mods as dlc it would make a big improvement. Like on this moment release all mods labeled from giants software as dlc we get more than 1 gb back from modhub storage. They did the game changing mods from fs15 also as dlc. And it would not take any extras from modders because releasing on modhub or dlc needs to follow the same rules from sony.
I thought you would have come with a brilliant idea instead of just moving the problem.
So you will end up with a capped storage for DLC's and then someone will start a thread: X DLC Should NOT be a DLC.

Also "would not take any extras from modders", yeah no thats not how this works.
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

Michael5941 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:45 am
Deadeye wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:34 am Umm....We're complaining about a free DLC now??? I'm lost.
They are complaining about it being released as a mod instead as a DLC, don't know why it would release as a DLC though as it's made by vertexdesigns not Giants by all means it is a mod. If you don't like it don't download it and if the mod space bothers you enough to need to complain about it not being released as a DLC then get a PC, and don't say anything about not having enough money they make savings accounts for a reason people save up for a PC simple. Also before people jumps on me yes I'm a console user if you read my signature it states I'm currently on PS4 where I'm happy to be no plans on moving so the mod space is just something to get used to *thumbsup*
I think you may be mistaken, Michael. I know exactly what is going on here, if your intention was to inform me. Though it is appreciated that were bringing me up to speed. In hindsight, my commend was sarcastic, and I should've mentioned as such in the post. All i'm saying is that we're complaining about something free not being "Good enough" basically. I haven't downloaded the pack. I probably won't until I feel the need to use something from said pack. Which could be never. I just don't understand why people would complain about something that is free.

Even with the "issues" that you guys have with it about slot count and all that good stuff. You're still complaining about something that's free. Ever heard the phrase "You get what you pay for"? Well, that's very relevant here. We paid nothing. So as such, we can't really be upset when it's not just as we want it.

As far as all this goes, I believe the slot count for mods and memory for some specific mods has been altered or changed before. I could be wrong though. It's been mentioned that GIANTS should turn all of the mods on the modhub right now into a DLC. This in theory might work great. In reality though, I don't think this is a good idea. Leave the modders independent. It's part of the reason they put out such good content.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

You should be happy you have mods in the first place and realise that FS was one of the first games to even support it (if not the first!).
Just to be clear, I believe Fallout 4 was the first game to allow mods on consoles. Also now that I think about it, that game had limitations as to what could be done as well in terms of mods for console.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
muzickmage

Post by muzickmage »

@Wopster

Who??? Who should be happy mods exist???

Please don't make it sound like mods benefit only the players. I would be willing to believe that Giants are benefiting from mods at least, if not more than, us players.

IMO, it's a 2 way street.
Fifty1990

Post by Fifty1990 »

muzickmage wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:02 pm @Wopster

Please don't make it sound like mods benefit only the players. I would be willing to believe that Giants are benefiting from mods at least, if not more than, us players.

I can fully agree with this one. Without mods this game was already dead.
Fifty1990 is the gamertag on ps4. Farm on people *thumbsup* :mrgreen:
Wopster

Post by Wopster »

If thats what you want to read.
Well yes, YOU should be happy they exists to have fun, and yes game studios should be happy they exists to fill up gaps they can't fulfill.
Not sure if they should be more happy than us (if we talk beneficial) but sure it keeps things more interesting.
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

I really don't think that GIANTS benefits monetarily from modders' content. I could not prove this, but It wouldn't make sense. One need only look at all of the independent mod sites for Farming Simulator to see, modders are independent. Actually many of the mods that are seen on the modhub came from other sites and creators. The only benefit for GIANTS that I see is that people enjoy their game more with the mods that they help to publish to consoles. Theoretically, PC players would have them anyway.
Last edited by Deadeye on Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael5941

Post by Michael5941 »

Fifty1990 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:55 am And it would not take any extras from modders because releasing on modhub or dlc needs to follow the same rules from sony.
It would have to go through 2 people both Giants and Sony before released this will cause wait times to be a lot longer.
PS4 User(PSN- LoneWolf5841)
Enjoying FS19 on PS4
Thanks to the modders for the wonderful work they do, Happy Farming :hi:
muzickmage

Post by muzickmage »

Deadeye wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:47 pm

I really don't think that GIANTS benefits monetarily from modders' content. I could not prove this, but It wouldn't make sense. One need only look at all of the independent mod sites for Farming Simulator to see, modders are independent. Actually many of the mods that are seen on the modhub came from other sites and creators. The only benefit for GIANTS that I see is that people enjoy their game more with the mods that they help to publish to consoles. Theoretically, PC players would have them anyway.
Just to clarify.... I didn't say they got money. But, I myself wouldn't have purchased this game at all if mods for it didn't exist (just saying). But that's me.

What I was referring to is more so about people's level of enjoyment in a A vs B idea. And perhaps/maybe mods encouraged people to play more.
Michael5941

Post by Michael5941 »

Deadeye wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:54 pm I think you may be mistaken, Michael. I know exactly what is going on here, if your intention was to inform me. Though it is appreciated that were bringing me up to speed. In hindsight, my commend was sarcastic, and I should've mentioned as such in the post. All i'm saying is that we're complaining about something free not being "Good enough" basically. I haven't downloaded the pack. I probably won't until I feel the need to use something from said pack. Which could be never. I just don't understand why people would complain about something that is free. The rest isn't directly to you

Even with the "issues" that you guys have with it about slot count and all that good stuff. You're still complaining about something that's free. Ever heard the phrase "You get what you pay for"? Well, that's very relevant here. We paid nothing. So as such, we can't really be upset when it's not just as we want it.

As far as all this goes, I believe the slot count for mods and memory for some specific mods has been altered or changed before. I could be wrong though. It's been mentioned that GIANTS should turn all of the mods on the modhub right now into a DLC. This in theory might work great. In reality though, I don't think this is a good idea. Leave the modders independent. It's part of the reason they put out such good content.
I was informing you that they wasn't complaining about the free part, more on the it's not actually a DLC
Enjoying FS19 on PS4
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

Michael5941 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:54 pm
Deadeye wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:54 pm I think you may be mistaken, Michael. I know exactly what is going on here, if your intention was to inform me. Though it is appreciated that were bringing me up to speed. In hindsight, my commend was sarcastic, and I should've mentioned as such in the post. All i'm saying is that we're complaining about something free not being "Good enough" basically. I haven't downloaded the pack. I probably won't until I feel the need to use something from said pack. Which could be never. I just don't understand why people would complain about something that is free. The rest isn't directly to you

I was informing you that they wasn't complaining about the free part, more on the it's not actually a DLC

Of this I was well aware. I just don't think that it makes any difference. It's free. Take it as it is.
Michael5941

Post by Michael5941 »

Deadeye wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:57 pm Of this I was well aware. I just don't think that it makes any difference. It's free. Take it as it is.
Oh I'm happy no issues and It doesn't bother me that it is a mod.
Enjoying FS19 on PS4
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

Michael5941 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:00 pm
Deadeye wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:57 pm Of this I was well aware. I just don't think that it makes any difference. It's free. Take it as it is.
Oh I'm happy no issues and It doesn't bother me that it is a mod.
That's what mean. I mean, even if it does have some minor bugs, surely they will be fixed soon (most modders are good about that it seems) but it was free. It's a fair bit of content for no extra charge. People shouldn't really complain about it. I haven't played the map, and I have yet to download the equipment (I will once I find a use for them), but it appears to be well worth the price. (Free) :lol: