Horsch AgroVation Map.... my review. (Spoiler: negative)

Lostfarmer6474

Re: Horsch AgroVation Map.... my review. (Spoiler: negative)

Post by Lostfarmer6474 »

Let's say I would like to use this map. But this one has issues. I tried to fertilize field 4. It has refill point on main yard. But not refilling dry or liquid equipment. Tried to use course play to fertilize field 4. And light poles have no collision inside of the field. But they have collision outside. And some of those poles with collision located right on the edge.And tree has collision,but tree can be cut. But self moving sprayer has 36 m wings and was stuck on those poles and on fence. I started on right side of the field.
I think this map good for multiplayer but not so good for single play even with course play.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Can everyone please remain to be civil to one and other? You don't have to agree with anyone's opinion but you also don't have to belittle them.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

How come this mod in particular sparked soooo much toxicity here?
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
malachi6

Post by malachi6 »

I read the opening comments. OP has since defended those statements as not attacking the map makers. I completely read it as an attack upon the map makers. Given the map is a real location. Any comment regarding the thought process of the creators is clearly a thinly veiled insult. That or a reflection of the Op's ignorance regarding the map. perhaps edit the post given your new knowledge?
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

malachi6 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:11 pm I read the opening comments. OP has since defended those statements as not attacking the map makers. I completely read it as an attack upon the map makers. Given the map is a real location. Any comment regarding the thought process of the creators is clearly a thinly veiled insult. That or a reflection of the Op's ignorance regarding the map. perhaps edit the post given your new knowledge?
*thumbsup*
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

redglasses wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:35 pm How come this mod in particular sparked soooo much toxicity here?
Because some readers decided the opinion of the OP was negative and different than theirs. That's always how it gets sparked.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
farmerdonnie

Post by farmerdonnie »

muzickmage wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:26 am No wonder console people complain. They finally get another map added to the modhub, and this is what they get. A complete waste of time.

..... The road system is pathetic. Barely wide enough for a tractor to drive down, let alone a semi-truck steered with a keyboard. It's fine if you're on a straight stretch, but the minute you need to veer that truck a bit left or right, that's the minute you will discover road scarcity. Tractors are bad enough even on the straight stretch.

..... OMG the fields. I really, really have the ask. When map modders are creating maps, what exactly must be going on in their heads that they think its a great idea to first, create a decent field, then second, completely injur the use of that field by stretching a bunch of powerline towers all acrossed it? Really??? Powerline towers??? Was that really necessary??? I would love to hear the logic that went into that desision.

..... Oh, lets not forget, no forestry section. So again, I have to ask. Really??? I know creating maps is a lot of work. And i'd be amongst the first to argue that a map can't always include everything we like. But OMFG.... the forestry section..... one of the game's primary functions. That's like saying, i'm going to create a map today, but you know what, lets forget the cows.

So basically, I would have to go into the editor, delete the powerline towers myself, add a startup forestry section myself, and fix the road system myself, and, yeah right. Like that's going to happen.

As a PC user, I can simply say no to this map, and move on. There are many other alternatives for me to consider. But for people on console, what you see is what they get. I count 4 maps in modhub. If you want to measure how bad console people have it, just count all the people who think this map is good.

Just look at the residential area of the map. Could the models get more basic. They're not much more than a bunch of cubes with colors.... oh, and a roof... yay.
want some cheese with your whine? lol oh and plant your own forest lol
muzickmage

Post by muzickmage »

What do you agree, or disagree with? That's a great way to reply to posts. Or, said another way, attack the comments, not the person making them.

I agree with your suggestion that one could easily create their own forest to use with the map. However, I use the forestry section on new gameplays to help with startup funding of getting a new farm/equipment purchased and setup. Having to plant a forest from the minute I hit the play button, and waiting for the time it takes for it to grow... would work against my gameplay idea of needing a forest ready to work with on day 1.

Even borrowing money from the game bank to place a couple hundred trees isn't something I want to afford when starting a brand new map.
RogsR35UK

Post by RogsR35UK »

Not a huge fan, though I am working on it. At least they are virtual poles in the fields. I must admit to making rectangular fields (looks like I’ll be getting a lot of grass to mow - I wonder where I can sell the bales - I currently have just over 40 straw bales sitting in the yard). It’s a pity the Ladscape tool can’t sort out some of the more extreme landscape bumps1
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

Place one of Dorset's bale sell points with storage.
Tomrichards88

Post by Tomrichards88 »

I love the realism of having pylons in the middle of fields etc. As the game is a simulator, i am afraid this is what it is like in real life. All these bits are just an added challenge. Personally i don't like the map due to it having too many big fields where as i prefer smaller tighter fields, Marwell and Old stream.

I think that if there was nothing like that it would be boring. Thats my opinion.
FS19 / Xbox 1
Marwell Manor...... WOW!!!
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

I like the map but the huge fields do put me off a little. Now we have the landscaping option though I am considering adding roads or grass and breaking them up into smaller ones.
Ghostlycandle28

Post by Ghostlycandle28 »

I find you need to deal with this map with multiple harvesters etc. running in different directions on the same field to minimize stoppage by the AI. The changes made from FS17 are an improvement. You can run around the edges of a field with landscaping if you want to reduce conflict on the trees and canals. A reduction in field sizes is not a problem. A sell point at the northern end of the map would be useful.
This map is low on spare slots so keep your harvesters, tractors, and trucks all the same to keep your slot count in check. Nice map, I like it. It is rating well so others clearly like it.
FS17 FS19 Xbox one X
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

With regards to the low slot count, you get so much equipment on this map that lots of what you would normally need is already there, as well as stuff you might not.

Tractors and trucks are well covered, as are cultivators and seeders/planters. And apart from a manure spreader all fertiliser options are there as well.

Apart from some kind of front loader, grass equipment, a flat bed trailer, milk tank and plow I can’t think what else I might need.

when you cut out things you don’t need or want (not a fan of slurry spreading for example) you free up some slots and make some nice cash too.

One slight frustration with this though was that I couldn’t find a vehicle sell point so missed out on the extra money you make selling direct to the store. Or I just couldn’t find it.
Ghostlycandle28

Post by Ghostlycandle28 »

The vehicle sell point is the forth screen shot in the modhub. Iveco sign out the front. The workshop is near the liquid fertilizer.
FS17 FS19 Xbox one X