Horsch AgroVation Map.... my review. (Spoiler: negative)

muzickmage

Horsch AgroVation Map.... my review. (Spoiler: negative)

Post by muzickmage »

No wonder console people complain. They finally get another map added to the modhub, and this is what they get. A complete waste of time.

..... The road system is pathetic. Barely wide enough for a tractor to drive down, let alone a semi-truck steered with a keyboard. It's fine if you're on a straight stretch, but the minute you need to veer that truck a bit left or right, that's the minute you will discover road scarcity. Tractors are bad enough even on the straight stretch.

..... OMG the fields. I really, really have the ask. When map modders are creating maps, what exactly must be going on in their heads that they think its a great idea to first, create a decent field, then second, completely injur the use of that field by stretching a bunch of powerline towers all acrossed it? Really??? Powerline towers??? Was that really necessary??? I would love to hear the logic that went into that desision.

..... Oh, lets not forget, no forestry section. So again, I have to ask. Really??? I know creating maps is a lot of work. And i'd be amongst the first to argue that a map can't always include everything we like. But OMFG.... the forestry section..... one of the game's primary functions. That's like saying, i'm going to create a map today, but you know what, lets forget the cows.

So basically, I would have to go into the editor, delete the powerline towers myself, add a startup forestry section myself, and fix the road system myself, and, yeah right. Like that's going to happen.

As a PC user, I can simply say no to this map, and move on. There are many other alternatives for me to consider. But for people on console, what you see is what they get. I count 4 maps in modhub. If you want to measure how bad console people have it, just count all the people who think this map is good.

Just look at the residential area of the map. Could the models get more basic. They're not much more than a bunch of cubes with colors.... oh, and a roof... yay.
Goose66

Re: Horsch AgroVation Map.... my review. (Spoiler: negative)

Post by Goose66 »

You do know that this is an actual real life map and not a modders personal one ?
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

The ignorance of some people never ceases to amaze me on here, well done OP for yet another mindless post.
muzickmage

Post by muzickmage »

I respect realism as much as the next guy. But lets remember as well that this is a game too. If the map isn't confortable to play, whether it be because of a road system that's a bit of a pet peeve, or powerline towers that mess up your fields, or .... the lack of a forestry section.... then the idea of it being based on a real location loses its shine.

And if this is really based on a real map, then I have to say wow to those people who decided to start/build a farm in a neighborhood parking lot full of parking sheds. I personally would have chosen a farm yard.... but a downtown parking lot... good idea.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

Just stop now please.
NelTopFarms23

Post by NelTopFarms23 »

Yea no. Your just really ignorant I'm a console and I'm actually quite happy for this stuff. Might not be everyone's cup of tea but there is absolutely no reason for you and so many others to just blatantly attack giants and the modders.... Shame on you muck
muzickmage

Post by muzickmage »

If you're not comfortable with my thread, simply don't read it. Whatever you decide please don't think I will be asking your permission to post my opinions.
muzickmage

Post by muzickmage »

NelTopFarms23 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:11 am Yea no. Your just really ignorant I'm a console and I'm actually quite happy for this stuff. Might not be everyone's cup of tea but there is absolutely no reason for you and so many others to just blatantly attack giants and the modders.... Shame on you muck
Ok i'm sorry. Would it make you feel better if I put all modders on the best pestestal made of gold, knelt at their feet, and licked their boots? Would that make you happy?

I have a "right" to my opinion as well as anyone else. And personally, I think the map is pathetic.

I'm not asking you to agree. I'm not asking you to like it. I'm not even asking you to care.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

When your opinions are full of all kinds of ignorance, don't get upset when those opinions are challenged then :lol:
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

It's the agco horsch factory. Not a typical farm. Do some research as it's the same map as 17 Horsch pack.
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
muzickmage

Post by muzickmage »

Who's upset? You're the one calling me ignorant, not the other way around. So perhaps take a page from your own advice. When someone posts an opinion you don't agree with, try to calm down.
Last edited by muzickmage on Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

What Goose66 said, do a bit of research before posting.
muzickmage

Post by muzickmage »

All you had to maturely do was post your own opinion by saying.... I like the map, then explain why you like it. Who knows, your comments may have encouraged me to reconsider my own opinion. But nope, you didn't do that.

You's decided to encourage conflict instead.lol.

You's are ok with treating me with disrespect because you don't agree with my opinion. While I continue to treat you's "with" respect despite your commenting against me.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

This is an internet forum, what do you expect?
That being said, you probably would have helped you if you had known the history behind the map.
Horsch sponsored the price for the map contest for fs17, where they asked for a map representing their demonstration farm.
Thus, the map was made to represent the area as closely as possible.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

I think you need to read your original post again and recognize that it set out a very argumentative thread from the get go.
As said before, this is a real life location and the roads and fields are the way they are irl.
Take a look at the Horsch website for a little more information on the farm, the link I've posted takes you to the Horsch Agrovation location in the Czech Republic.

https://www.horsch.com/en/company/locations/agrovation/