Horsch AgroVation Map.... my review. (Spoiler: negative)

muzickmage

Re: Horsch AgroVation Map.... my review. (Spoiler: negative)

Post by muzickmage »

The.EuroFarmer wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:13 pm @ muzickmage

We live in a free planet and everyone can express his/her opinion freely, but at the same time they should at least keep it in a polite manner.
I find your topic insulting for VertexDezign, and if I was a member of VertexDezign I would file an official complain against you and ask from the moderators to remove your topic.

By reading your first post I noticed that your intentions weren't for an honest review, but your intentions were to fire against VertexDezign and that is not acceptable because once again you proved that you don't respect modders efforts.

If you feel that the AgroVation map is not good, then you could write an honest review without insulting VertexDezign, there was no need to use phrases like " pathetic " , " what was in their minds " , "waste of time" , etc .

Yes, you have the right to tell your opinion but you do not have the right to insulting everyone else.

You had two options :
1. Do not use the map
2. Make the changes on the map according of your needs.

Unfortunately you choose third option ; to insult VertexDezign and that is no acceptable by modding community.

Once again, you have the right to express your opinion but you do not have the right to insult anyone.

If I was a member of VertexDezign I would ask from my lawyers to take legal actions against you.
First of all, it isn't illegal to ask what is on someone's mind. I'm legally permitted to ask questions.

Second, I am talking about a modded map here, not a company. Not once did I mention any company name, or make any comments against such company(s). Any use of the word "modder" could refer to absolutely anyone, including the person down the street that may have been hired to create the map.... of whom I didn't personally label.

Also, being that the map is offered for FREE, there's no way I can cost the company sales income because I don't like their map.

I don't appreciate you trying to adopt my comments as an attack against the company itself.... when my comments are pertaining to a modded map offered for FREE to paying customers of the game.

Mods, maps, ideas, etc, are commented on. Not just on this thread, but many. Using such opinions against the offererings as a weapon against the people, isn't something I support. I can dislike a modder's map, without disliking the modder. And though I may think their modded map is a waste of time (at least that particular map) doesn't mean I think the same thing about the modder/person.
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

First of all, it isn't illegal to ask what is on someone's mind. I'm legally permitted to ask questions.

Second, I am talking about a modded map here, not a company. Not once did I mention any company name, or make any comments against such company(s). Any use of the word "modder" could refer to absolutely anyone, including the person down the street that may have been hired to create the map.... of whom I didn't personally label.

Also, being that the map is offered for FREE, there's no way I can cost the company sales income because I don't like their map.

I don't appreciate you trying to adopt my comments as an attack against the company itself.... when my comments are pertaining to a modded map offered for FREE to paying customers of the game.

Mods, maps, ideas, etc, are commented on. Not just on this thread, but many. Using such opinions against the offererings as a weapon against the people, isn't something I support. I can dislike a modder's map, without disliking the modder. And though I may think their modded map is a waste of time (at least that particular map) doesn't mean I think the same thing about the modder/person.
Perhaps you should refer to my post on the previous page. I surely did not adapt your comments in any way. Perhaps you'll find that more agreeable? Maybe get you to understand why some people are replying as they are?
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
muzickmage

Post by muzickmage »

Deadeye wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:25 pm Regardless of how ignorant we think OP's post was, we still have to respect it, whether we like it or not. Since no one here has been what I view to be disrespectful, just critical, it's fair game. As far as "If you don't like it, don't read it" I'm going to read it. Just as you're entitled to your opinion, muzick, anyone else is entitled to theirs. Now let's analyze:

You are complaining about a map that was free, for one. That is automatically going to get people heated up. You also started your review with "No wonder console players complain". Immediately, you've upset a large group of people. You also give a solution, albeit an inconvenient one, but because it's inconvenient say "Nope, not going to happen" Which is true. It is VERY inconvenient. That said, if someone wanted to and liked the map, surely they would put the effort in to accomplish this. Your sarcastic comment is indicative of someone who is already hostile. Since you don't like the map, you won't. That's fine too. You also loaded your review with opinions like "Forestry is such a huge part of the game" Though a review is an opinion, and you're entitled to believe that, as stated above. I entirely disagree. You also slam at the people who do like this map by saying "If you want to see how bad consoles have it, just look at the people who like this map." I'm sure plenty of people like this map with all of the challenges it creates, which you dislike. That is also entirely acceptable.

As a follow up to some of my previous arguments, I am also curious as to how much farming experience you have? I'm going to be flat out honest, I'm not a farmer myself. I'm actually an equipment operator/ truck driver by trade. I did, However, grow up around farms. I spent a lot of my life working around and on farms. I also like to read about some agricultural related stuff. All that said, I have NEVER seen a field that was a perfect square. They do exist in some places, I am well aware. This map, though, is obviously not modelled after one of these areas. Most fields I have seen DID have power lines, rockpiles, etc. in the middle of them. Which you seem to openly hate. They work around them. Lastly, I'm going to discuss the roads that you seem to dislike. Once again, Some people fully welcome these challenges. Some parts of the world DO actually have roads like this. If you don't like the narrow roads and odd shaped fields, perhaps maps like this aren't for you. In some regions of the world, a tractor trailer is essentially out of the question. You don't like this, and once again, that's your right, but others do like it.

Basically to me, what you've done is you've taken your opinion, which you are entirely permitted to, and loaded it with some pretty argumentative statements in there. Then, when people disagreed and started getting perhaps a little too argumentative back, you took offense to it. Before complaining about hostility towards a post you made, Maybe next time think a little better about how to word it so as not to upset and agitate people? It will likely go a long way in avoiding a large portion of this, since the majority of members to this forum are respectful people.

Posting an opinion is acceptable. It is important, however, to take caution and notice of how we're posting it on a public forum such as this, if we want to avoid p*ssing people off. There also is a line you shouldn't cross, and that is insulting and slamming the creator of the content/product. I'm sure more effort than you realize was put into this map. If you put a a fair bit of effort into something, only to have it run down by one person or a group of people who just don't like it, would you think that is acceptable. You did work hard on that, right? I know I would be upset.
Absolutely not. I want people to tell me what is wrong with it, or what they don't like about it so I can make changes. Its about learning, growing, becoming better at giving the public people what they want. What its NOT about is a tool, or a platform to be honored or idolized. Tell me what you like, or hate, about what I just gave you. That's what I want you to share.

I'm not surprised I am getting this feedback. I offered a negative opinion against a map. So right away I need to stop sharing my opinion. I could have worded it differently. I could have done this or done that. The problem in itself isn't my opinion, as much as its... not in favor of something people like. That's the problem here. It doesn't conform with other people's opinions... therefore... my comment is immediately a problem regardless of how it is written.

And well..... sorry for that. But that's just the way life is.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

You're missing the point I and others have been trying to make. You're "review" or "opinion" was based on a lack of understanding of what the map is or was trying to represent. The fact you don't like it is fine, thats your choice, but your opening post was so full of garbage this was only ever going to go one way I'm afraid.
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

I shared exactly what you want. What I don't like. Just refer to the third paragraph. I discuss in some depth not only what you said, but how it probably irritated other people. Some people are going to disagree with you. Some will do it rudely. When you have such a hostile, sarcastic tone, however, you can't be surprised or upset when people are rude and sarcastic back. In honesty, I've seen you make some pretty sarcastic comments on other threads as well as this.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
muzickmage

Post by muzickmage »

It was only going to go one way.... because of the responders... not the initial poster. I am only responsible for my opinion. I'm NOT responsible for how you, or others decide to interpret that opinion, or what actions you, or others adopt in reply to my opinion.
muzickmage

Post by muzickmage »

Deadeye wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:55 pm I shared exactly what you want. What I don't like. Just refer to the third paragraph. I discuss in some depth not only what you said, but how it probably irritated other people. Some people are going to disagree with you. Some will do it rudely. When you have such a hostile, sarcastic tone, however, you can't be surprised or upset when people are rude and sarcastic back. In honesty, I've seen you make some pretty sarcastic comments on other threads as well as this.
Exactly. And where did you get the idea I was surprised? I knew what was coming. That's ok. My comments to them is for the purpose of keeping things calmed down. I don't want anyone here to get banned for flagged because of their decision to comment to me in a manner that isn't accepted by the moderators.

Outside of that... and for the most part, i'm happy to let people talk and share opinions.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

As before, your opinion was misinformed so open to be criticised. Trying to take the moral high ground and blaming everyone else is a little rich.
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

muzickmage wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:04 pm
Deadeye wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:55 pm I shared exactly what you want. What I don't like. Just refer to the third paragraph. I discuss in some depth not only what you said, but how it probably irritated other people. Some people are going to disagree with you. Some will do it rudely. When you have such a hostile, sarcastic tone, however, you can't be surprised or upset when people are rude and sarcastic back. In honesty, I've seen you make some pretty sarcastic comments on other threads as well as this.
Exactly. And where did you get the idea I was surprised? I knew what was coming. That's ok. My comments to them is for the purpose of keeping things calmed down. I don't want anyone here to get banned for flagged because of their decision to comment to me in a manner that isn't accepted by the moderators.

Outside of that... and for the most part, i'm happy to let people talk and share opinions.
Well, maybe surprised isn't the word for it, but you certainly didn't like that people were being hostile back. That is my point. If you make a post that isn't hostile and sarcastic, people are less likely to react that way. Some will. That is undeniable. More won't, though, and those that do will only make themselves look bad.
muzickmage

Post by muzickmage »

Deadeye wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:06 pm

Well, maybe surprised isn't the word for it, but you certainly didn't like that people were being hostile back. That is my point. If you make a post that isn't hostile and sarcastic, people are less likely to react that way. Some will. That is undeniable. More won't, though, and those that do will only make themselves look bad.
What I wasn't comfortable with was the idea that a moderator was likely watching the comments. And if the debate escalated... someone may get flagged.
muzickmage

Post by muzickmage »

Ritchie wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:04 pm As before, your opinion was misinformed so open to be criticised. Trying to take the moral high ground and blaming everyone else is a little rich.
Its not about blame. Its about you yourself made the decision as to how to handle your disagreement of my initial post. I didn't make that decision for you.

I am taking responsibility for "my" comments" ... not yours, or anyone elses.
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

muzickmage wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:12 pm
Deadeye wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:06 pm

What I wasn't comfortable with was the idea that a moderator was likely watching the comments. And if the debate escalated... someone may get flagged.
Once again, If you were being respectful, what does it matter to you? I'm just going to leave it at that. I've got work to do. I think you understand exactly what i'm saying.
Bobbydj1980

Post by Bobbydj1980 »

The map is wonderful and playable in my veiw just wish the slot count was low like pgr silo map
Love farming simulator I play on the Xbox series x orangebeach Alabama
muzickmage

Post by muzickmage »

As a PC user (no console) I have no idea how the slot system works so I can only ask questions on that topic........

Could the slot count be caused by the startup vehicles? There seems to be quite the list of stuff you start with. Or is the slot count only affected by placeables?

Edit to add:
See, in my head, i'm counting 1 slot for the map... which includes everything it comes with such as startup vehicles and placeables. Then the player uses up 1 more slot for each vehicle or placeable added to the map thereafter.

But being that there are many complaints about the slot thing, i'm betting I have the slot system completely misunderstood.

Last I remember is.... Playstation 2. 1 slot per save game. That's it. That's all I had to worry about. My little memory card with 8 slots and I was good to go. lol.
eight_lugs

Post by eight_lugs »

Good lord y’all take this “game” stuff to the extreme.