Horsch AgroVation Map.... my review. (Spoiler: negative)

Walrusman02

Re: Horsch AgroVation Map.... my review. (Spoiler: negative)

Post by Walrusman02 »

NelTopFarms23 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:11 am Yea no. Your just really ignorant I'm a console and I'm actually quite happy for this stuff. Might not be everyone's cup of tea but there is absolutely no reason for you and so many others to just blatantly attack giants and the modders.... Shame on you muck
Agree 200%
2004 Sierra 1500 SLE 4x4
5.3 vortec w/turbo
Sir_Kutz

Post by Sir_Kutz »

Oh no someone had an opinion.
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

Ahhhh welcome to the club muzickmage, featuring you and me (publicly) only.

You have every right to express your opinion of this map.

I just had to post something because I had a similar experience to yours. On another thread, I criticized why it was taking a modder/mapper so long to release a converted map from FS17 -> FS19. It was also announced at this time that this map would be released when a certain subscriber number was hit. Based on my own experiences, I claimed that because of what was on the map itself, that it would probably just take an hour or two to get done. But yet, like you, making that simple comment, I got lambasted. I was told the only thing that I've produced is a turd because I gave my OPINION based on actual EXPERIENCE that I had.

So yeah, I just wanted to say I'm here and you have the right to express whatever opinions you have of the map. I cannot comment either way because I'm not interested in the map whatsoever. For me, you can have every single map ever produced released tomorrow and to me they are all the same without a working factory script. But again, that is MY OPINION and I know others feel differently. That's OK.
Last edited by wiseguy49 on Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

Ritchie wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:57 am I think you need to read your original post again and recognize that it set out a very argumentative thread from the get go.
As said before, this is a real life location and the roads and fields are the way they are irl.
Take a look at the Horsch website for a little more information on the farm, the link I've posted takes you to the Horsch Agrovation location in the Czech Republic.

https://www.horsch.com/en/company/locations/agrovation/
you need to chill out everyone has the right to post there opinion be it if you agree or not no need to go around calling someone's post mindless or someone ignorant.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

I stand by what I posted and I'm perfectly chilled thanks *thumbsup*
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

I fully respect free speech; it is the bedrock on which the country I live in was built. Freedom should be absolute and guaranteed. However; the freedom to say what you like does, in no way, absolve an individual of any consequences that should arise from what is said.

Furthermore, inflection and intent play a large role in how what an individual says is perceived. While it is within the original posters right to post his review/rant, it should be noted that he did such with, what could be perceived as, aggression and condemnation. Such an attack will inevitably illicit a prescribed response.

If you want to post about frustrations that you have about a mod or aspects of this game, it might be wiser to take a step back, collect your thoughts and do so, free of harsh words that might be perceived as hostile.
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
Cowboy5130

Post by Cowboy5130 »

I’m amazed this hasn’t got locked down seeing as how close it’s been getting to a brawl...
Ps4 realistic gameplay;
Ravenport start-from-scratch;
Absolutely love the game!
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

Addictedtofs wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:36 pm I fully respect free speech; it is the bedrock on which the country I live in was built. Freedom should be absolute and guaranteed. However; the freedom to say what you like does, in no way, absolve an individual of any consequences that should arise from what is said.

Furthermore, inflection and intent play a large role in how what an individual says is perceived. While it is within the original posters right to post his review/rant, it should be noted that he did such with, what could be perceived as, aggression and condemnation. Such an attack will inevitably illicit a prescribed response.

If you want to post about frustrations that you have about a mod or aspects of this game, it might be wiser to take a step back, collect your thoughts and do so, free of harsh words that might be perceived as hostile.
YES! My point from the get-go
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
throsbi

Post by throsbi »

Cowboy5130 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:37 pm I’m amazed this hasn’t got locked down seeing as how close it’s been getting to a brawl...
Its a holiday weekend and sometimes those who complain the loudest take advantage of it...........

To everyone posting here can you pass me the links to the maps you have submitted and have been approved for pc/console so we can all go review them too..................

we are waiting........................
muzickmage

Post by muzickmage »

I think the real problem here is evident. People can treat people however they want, and they feel ok with that, but let someone speak against a map, and OMG.... forum wars.

The added truth is that some people also feel comfortable using other people's comments to justify their own behavior.
........ his comments seemed hostile, so I am justified to treat him poorly, and I will blame my behavior on "his" initial comments I deemed bad.

Note the different replies to my opening post. Look at how some people addressed it differently. Though most people disagreed with my initial post, not everyone used it as an excuse to express bad behavior.... and then.... blame me for their own decision to adopt such behavior.

Whether my initial post seemed aggressive or not, that's not a free ticket to become abusive. Nor is it a get-out-of-jail-free card when it comes to who takes responsibility for those comments.

I think people need to calm down. Its just a modded map for crying out loud. Move on.

Or perhaps, instead of encouraging further conflict, how about you simply post why it is you like/dislike the map. Lets hear your map comments.
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

muzickmage wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:45 pm I think the real problem here is evident. People can treat people however they want, and they feel ok with that, but let someone speak against a map, and OMG.... forum wars.

The added truth is that some people also feel comfortable using other people's comments to justify their own behavior.
........ his comments seemed hostile, so I am justified to treat him poorly, and I will blame my behavior on "his" initial comments I deemed bad.

Note the different replies to my opening post. Look at how some people addressed it differently. Though most people disagreed with my initial post, not everyone used it as an excuse to express bad behavior.... and then.... blame me for their own decision to adopt such behavior.

Whether my initial post seemed aggressive or not, that's not a free ticket to become abusive. Nor is it a get-out-of-jail-free card when it comes to who takes responsibility for those comments.

I think people need to calm down. Its just a modded map for crying out loud. Move on.

Or perhaps, instead of encouraging further conflict, how about you simply post why it is you like/dislike the map. Lets hear your map comments.
What you're not understanding though, is that your original post was rather demeaning and hostile/argumentative. Whether you intended it or not, your original post could easily have been perceived as a derogatory post from the very first words. If you look back, Some of us never claimed that the hostile comments were justified due to your post. We just claimed that maybe bringing it up in a different way might be more productive. Everyone makes mistakes. Communicating through just text is difficult. Understanding that wording and tone are very important here is key.
Last edited by Deadeye on Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
muzickmage

Post by muzickmage »

I am understanding that. But that argument is irrelevant. The comments have been made. The opinion shared. Like it or don't .... it's out there.
Vorden

Post by Vorden »

It's fine you don't like it, the fact was the map wasn't made for you or I, it was made for Horsch. They use it for familiarisation training, it's designed to represent their real world farm and they actually paid to have this map made for THEM. The fact they decided to release it to the general public is just a bonus.
Lostfarmer6474

Post by Lostfarmer6474 »

Why everyone is excited? Yes , it cool we got extra map. I care more for equipment pack.
OP has a point. This map only playable with course play in long run. I tried it on PS 4 when it came for FS 17 , but shapes of fields did not work good with helper AI. Is helper better now, or not on this map? Can someone tell?
I downloaded last version of course play. Will check it on this map on weekends.
Map is not bad , actually, kind of different. Huge field sizes. And because fields are huge helper AI is important. I am not plowing those fields for 30 hrs real time.
Pafarmer

Post by Pafarmer »

Still waiting for welker farms that someone said would only take 15 minutes! In the meantime this is a great map!