Yes
75%
No
25%

Total votes: 36

Mike61021

Gravity wagon

Post by Mike61021 »

I think it would be awesome if us Xbox/ps4 players were able to get gravity wagons because playing on a American map with all tippers from overseas kinda *censored* :hmm:
Deadeye

Re: Gravity wagon

Post by Deadeye »

Mike61021 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:01 pm I think it would be awesome if us Xbox/ps4 players were able to get gravity wagons because playing on a American map with all tippers from overseas kinda *censored* :hmm:
Unless mods are used though, you run into licensing issues. If you use mods, you have an issue with consoles receiving said mods on their system due to restrictions. Gravity wagons are great pieces of kit I suppose. Lot of smaller time farmers use them (And some larger ones) around here. That said, most of the ag commodities I see around here are hauled with a tractor trailer or a dump truck. Really aside from realism though, they don't have much purpose. They'd be great at first because it'd be a realistic way to haul when you're just beginning, but they don't hold nearly as much as a tandem axle dump trailer do they? In game I feel like they would function the exact same way, just look different. All that aside, i'm all for seeing more equipment across all versions of the game regardless of whether I would use it personally or not. So I certainly am not opposed to this.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Just a plain orange "lizard" would suffice. With boards to add more capacity. Maybe we'll see something for console someday.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Deadeye wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:27 pm They'd be great at first because it'd be a realistic way to haul when you're just beginning, but they don't hold nearly as much as a tandem axle dump trailer do they? In game I feel like they would function the exact same way, just look different. All that aside, i'm all for seeing more equipment across all versions of the game regardless of whether I would use it personally or not. So I certainly am not opposed to this.
Real gravity wagons range from about 300bu to about 750bu (about 10000L to 26000L). The big ones are the most common in use now (at least n my anecdotal observations) and are comparable in size to a tandem grain truck. The range of them is comparable with the small and medium range of European tipper wagons common in the game.

If memory serves the J&M gravity wagon mod in FS17 was 680bu.
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

DirectCedar wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:09 pm
Deadeye wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:27 pm They'd be great at first because it'd be a realistic way to haul when you're just beginning, but they don't hold nearly as much as a tandem axle dump trailer do they? In game I feel like they would function the exact same way, just look different. All that aside, i'm all for seeing more equipment across all versions of the game regardless of whether I would use it personally or not. So I certainly am not opposed to this.
Real gravity wagons range from about 300bu to about 750bu (about 10000L to 26000L). The big ones are the most common in use now (at least n my anecdotal observations) and are comparable in size to a tandem grain truck. The range of them is comparable with the small and medium range of European tipper wagons common in the game.

If memory serves the J&M gravity wagon mod in FS17 was 680bu.
Ok, so I was partially correct then. On average, one of the European trailers in the game does generally haul a little more. That said, I hadn't thought about a Lizard model. That would definitely be enough. Glad to have some feedback.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
Mike61021

Post by Mike61021 »

The reason I play is because I use to farm for years and I want that real feeling back and it’s hard to do when all around me are gravity type
Stoned yoda

Post by Stoned yoda »

There are j&m gravity wagons sent in for testing by JHHG Modding it's on there Facebook page and there making a John Deere combine for console also
AgPro Farms

Post by AgPro Farms »

I would also like the gravity wagon for say, filling the large drills that have their own augers. Like the Hatz and the SeedHawk.

But hats off to JHHG if they pull those mods off for sure. Best of luck to that crew. Maybe if those pass, some modded NA tractors will slide in as well.
AgPro Farms
PS4 User
Mississippi, USA
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

^^ya there also sending their s700 series aswell, it’s an American version too. I hope it passes.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
AgPro Farms

Post by AgPro Farms »

^^I checked out a WIP video they had on the S700, and WOW!. It looks great and the number of options/ customizations was very impressive. Really hope some of their priducts make there way to consoles. For me personally, equipment like that, and that "just the right fit" american map would lock me into FS19. Seasons would be the icing on the cake.
AgPro Farms
PS4 User
Mississippi, USA
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Which nodding group?
Tomazius96

Post by Tomazius96 »

JHHG modding, check them out on FB
Stoned yoda

Post by Stoned yoda »

Well it official JHHG MODDING gravity wagons aren't coming to console they said it's because they don't tip well they need to take all the belly dump trailers out of the game then because they don't tip
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

Stoned yoda wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:32 pm Well it official JHHG MODDING gravity wagons aren't coming to console they said it's because they don't tip well they need to take all the belly dump trailers out of the game then because they don't tip
I saw that comment as well. If it is true, whomever is doing QA on mods needs an "adjustment" in their understanding of farm equipment.

Also, they need to remove all the hydraulic push and drag chain trailers from the game as well, as they don't "tip" either.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Testing mods is done by computer