Mods

cody4319

Mods

Post by cody4319 »

How come we don't have we don't have Have the all the trucks like the dodges and the Chevy's for the Xbox one

Edit don_apple: topic moved from french to english section.
NickD94

Re: Mods

Post by NickD94 »

Simple those brands Giants doesn't have the license to so they cant be in game end of story
Farming is Life ( Respect Farmers )
cody4319

Post by cody4319 »

they have them in the fs19 but couldn't put them in 17 or 18
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

cody4319 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:34 pm they have them in the fs19 but couldn't put them in 17 or 18
I think you're mistaken. There has never been a "dodge" truck in any Farming Simulator title without mods.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
Wolf Farming

Post by Wolf Farming »

I've never seen any dodge trucks on Xbox the lizard ones are as close as you can get. As there's no licence for them and Xbox or PlayStation would never let any modded vehicle on there that's not licensed because of fear of being sued
Steam: Grey Wolf
Pc only
Farming simulator 15,17,19,22
Currently playing: court farm
Fav tractor: challenger John Deere
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

Wolf Farming wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:57 am I've never seen any dodge trucks on Xbox the lizard ones are as close as you can get. As there's no licence for them and Xbox or PlayStation would never let any modded vehicle on there that's not licensed because of fear of being sued
Not entirely true. There are a lot of brand name vehicles that are mods for consoles. Plenty of these are entirely new brands and some are games already invested in the game. So as for the licensing, I'm unsure of how that works for some of them. Maybe it is waived.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
Stevo0114

Post by Stevo0114 »

Nice to see mods for both console and pc coming thick and fast and yes now oakfield farm in testing fav map from fs17 so looking forward to that
Thanks to all concerned you make the game brilliant!! *thumbsup* :biggrin2: :biggrin2:
Love FS fav tractor Case I h. FS 19 has caught up and is now for me better than fs17
Playing on xbox one x, Thanks to Giants and all modders who make the game great.
Love this community so thanks guys
duncan_101

Post by duncan_101 »

How come you couldn't use the exact same thread elsewhere on this first page with the exact same question?

viewtopic.php?f=963&t=146042

Basically what you asked for and why it's not in game.
Happly farming in Fryslan.
On an Asus RoG laptop.
Wolf Farming

Post by Wolf Farming »

Deadeye wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:39 am
Wolf Farming wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:57 am I've never seen any dodge trucks on Xbox the lizard ones are as close as you can get. As there's no licence for them and Xbox or PlayStation would never let any modded vehicle on there that's not licensed because of fear of being sued
Not entirely true. There are a lot of brand name vehicles that are mods for consoles. Plenty of these are entirely new brands and some are games already invested in the game. So as for the licensing, I'm unsure of how that works for some of them. Maybe it is waived.
Only those vehicles brands that have been licensed to giants on console they wouldn’t waive it Microsoft or Sony don't want a lawsuit from the company that owns the brand on pc however it’s different it’s a bit of minefield
Steam: Grey Wolf
Pc only
Farming simulator 15,17,19,22
Currently playing: court farm
Fav tractor: challenger John Deere
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

Wolf Farming wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:33 pm
Deadeye wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:39 am
Only those vehicles brands that have been licensed to giants on console they wouldn’t waive it Microsoft or Sony don't want a lawsuit from the company that owns the brand on pc however it’s different it’s a bit of minefield
There were several mods on console that were brands that weren't actually licensed to GIANTS though.
billy_roberts_81

Post by billy_roberts_81 »

The mods on console for Fs17 that were brands not associated with GIANTS would have given there permission for there brand to be used by the modder who made the mod.

Or in certain cases where the company no longer exists and is not owned by any other company.
Sid1701d

Post by Sid1701d »

That is most likely right the mods that people make for games without a license without are create use and install at your own risk. However, look at the vehicle dealership websites sometimes if they want to support the game but not officially they may release mods of some of the trucks for a promotional attempt, I don't see why those mods can't be used because the company created them.

Now any mod that is not tested by Giants is under a clause in the terms of service called risk factor is yours not Giants and they can't be responsible for the ones on the pc that are downloaded if they break your game or cause data loose.

Also in the Sims game franchise the game was rated teen in the USA, but there is a star with it that says online content not rated and may change rating above teen rating, they had to do that after someone tried to sue EA over a game that the parents thought was safe for the kids, but the online content that was installed on the game was adult related, so Maxis had to prove to the parents that that was a modified game to keep from being sued.