Manual attach

pumpkinpatch

Re: Manual attach

Post by pumpkinpatch »

Hey, I love this mod. Many thanks for it. I may have found a couple of issues though:

1. It seems to be impossible to unfold the xtractor from the Anderson dlc when running manual attach. Am I missing something? Or is there some workaround for this?

2. It is impossible to manually connect the pto from the Case 1660 harvester (on modhub) to any headers except the two that were specifically made for it. This means it's impossible to use that harvester with any corn or sunflower headers when using manual attach. I suspect that this is actually an issue with the harvester or the headers, that since they don't visualize the pto, it is impossible to manually attach it. But again, it would be great if there were some way to fix this.
EJgaming

Post by EJgaming »

I like the mod, but unfortunately I don't think i can use it.

First time I installed it, I went in to test it. Made it work, but didn't realise I had to connect hoses also, so thought something were wrong and uninstalled the mod. Then reinstalled it when I saw this thread, as I figured out I must have missed something, and found the hoses and problem solved.
Then tested with different vehicles and tools, leased and then returned. Somehow my direction-keys got stuck (not the keys itself, but like they were pressed all the time), i was in shop menu and selection went all the way to the right no matter what, and esc key didn't work. So I could exit the shop menu by clicking back and exit, and then person automatic turned to the right and a little down. I couldn't enter game menu, so had to do alt-tab and enter task manager and shut down the game that way. Entered the game and uninstalled the mod, and no more of that problem after that. Next day I installed the mod again to test it again, and ran into same issue. Again after I returned some vehicles and tools to the shop, just jumped and pressed right and down, and then person going right and down continuously no matter what. This time esc worked, so quitted game and uninstalled mod.

Not sure what trigger this issue, I only use mods from modhub. Maybe a conflict, or something in the code?

PS. *thumbsup* to all the modders for their work.
PC
Norway
Wopster

Post by Wopster »

warz wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:33 pm I like the mod, but unfortunately I don't think i can use it.

First time I installed it, I went in to test it. Made it work, but didn't realise I had to connect hoses also, so thought something were wrong and uninstalled the mod. Then reinstalled it when I saw this thread, as I figured out I must have missed something, and found the hoses and problem solved.
Then tested with different vehicles and tools, leased and then returned. Somehow my direction-keys got stuck (not the keys itself, but like they were pressed all the time), i was in shop menu and selection went all the way to the right no matter what, and esc key didn't work. So I could exit the shop menu by clicking back and exit, and then person automatic turned to the right and a little down. I couldn't enter game menu, so had to do alt-tab and enter task manager and shut down the game that way. Entered the game and uninstalled the mod, and no more of that problem after that. Next day I installed the mod again to test it again, and ran into same issue. Again after I returned some vehicles and tools to the shop, just jumped and pressed right and down, and then person going right and down continuously no matter what. This time esc worked, so quitted game and uninstalled mod.

Not sure what trigger this issue, I only use mods from modhub. Maybe a conflict, or something in the code?

PS. *thumbsup* to all the modders for their work.
That issue you have will be fixed in the next update (and available on my github).
Also yes, i added the full moddescription now on modhub as well since people don't seem to get the fact that disconnected hoses will not let you operate the vehicle.. (like IRL) :mrgreen:
W1der

Post by W1der »

I know you cant fix the behavior ... (to bad though).
I was refferring to the "work around" in your script ... I recall having that issue on the mowers in FS17 with the manual attach mod (I had to "park" them unfolded) ... but I think you managed to fix it.
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
EJgaming

Post by EJgaming »

Wopster wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:03 pm That issue you have will be fixed in the next update (and available on my github).
Also yes, i added the full moddescription now on modhub as well since people don't seem to get the fact that disconnected hoses will not let you operate the vehicle.. (like IRL) :mrgreen:
That's great *thumbsup* Thanks

The MAN TGX 26.640 truck from this mod, I could only attach/detach from the right side (not the left). Is it supposed to be like that :?:
PC
Norway
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

Thank you very much Wopster. Great mod.

Have just found your GitHub, so will check-out the dev version. You'd prefer any feedback through GitHub??
UpstairsChris

Post by UpstairsChris »

Please pardon my lack of knowledge on the subject, as I am not a real farmer or work with machines, thats why I sim!

Are the hoses necessary for the complete brake function I guess? I was moving a small tipper around the yard the other day and I couldn't go as fast as normal. I connected the hoses and then I could travel as fast as usual.

My only thought was that the brakes wouldn't release with unconnected hoses, and thus, was constantly trying to stop me. If that is the case, very nice touch in realism.
MightyMouse

Post by MightyMouse »

One of my favourite mods so far! thankyou Wopster :biggrin2:
Wopster

Post by Wopster »

UpstairsChris wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:32 pm Please pardon my lack of knowledge on the subject, as I am not a real farmer or work with machines, thats why I sim!

Are the hoses necessary for the complete brake function I guess? I was moving a small tipper around the yard the other day and I couldn't go as fast as normal. I connected the hoses and then I could travel as fast as usual.

My only thought was that the brakes wouldn't release with unconnected hoses, and thus, was constantly trying to stop me. If that is the case, very nice touch in realism.
Yes this is normal behaviour when you have air brakes on your trailer or machine for example.
I know not all machines in FS have those but since the majority does I went for this feature.

You have 3 main types of hoses: hydraulics, electric and air.

Without hydraulics you can't unfold or use some other functions like mouse controls etc.

Without electricity you can't use the lights.

When air is not connected the trailer will not release the brakes because of pressure differences. So the brakes are blocked and that will result in it being harder to move around.
Midlands Farmer

Post by Midlands Farmer »

Hello fellow farmers

Not sure where to post issues with this mod can anyone advise? i love this mod and have been using since it was released however I've just found on the Krone Big X 1180 that once you attach the X-COLLECT 900-3 head it just sort of hangs off the front of the harvester swinging unable to unfold. i'm only posting here as I've seen the creator post here if you want me to post the issue else where please let me know thank you for the mod works on everything else I've used.
Wopster

Post by Wopster »

Hey, yeah confusing is that people don't seem to get that you have to attach hoses etc manually.
For the next update I added the readme from my Github to the modhub descriptions.

Midlands Farmer

Post by Midlands Farmer »

Thanks I will try again I tried for a good while at different angles but couldn't get it to connect anything manually the option wouldn't show I'll try it from the angle in the picture

Just tried it and got it thanks sorry to be a pain was easier once I'd lowered it thank again for the mod
W1der

Post by W1der »

Some equipment seems to have a really small "trigger area" ... maybe intentional as the ones I found tricky so far should be pretty hard to reach IRL.
Make sure to bring up the help window to see when you are in the correct position as the buttons/commands only show when they can be used.
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Yeah I’m also finding the Trigger/Hitbox to get the prompts or see the help tips in the F1 menu to be very hit or miss. For a lot of rear mounting equipment I need to be at a Tractors rear wheel hub looking toward the cab slightly to get the attach, attach PTO and attach hoses options to appear and if I actually go to the rear linkage and Pto on the vehicles never can get the options to appear.

Also quite of a lot of equipment (and this is probably more with how Giants have built them in game and not something Wopster can program and script for) seems to have not enough connections. I’m seeing this a lot in Seeders and Planters. The horsch pronto for example the only attachment you need to do is the trailer to the tractor. You don’t have any option to attach any hoses or Pto, yet the Seeder works when you turn it on. I sit there and wonder how it is possible when it’s not receiving any power or anything from the tractor.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Wopster

Post by Wopster »

cwattyeso wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 12:13 pm Also quite of a lot of equipment (and this is probably more with how Giants have built them in game and not something Wopster can program and script for) seems to have not enough connections. I’m seeing this a lot in Seeders and Planters. The horsch pronto for example the only attachment you need to do is the trailer to the tractor. You don’t have any option to attach any hoses or Pto, yet the Seeder works when you turn it on. I sit there and wonder how it is possible when it’s not receiving any power or anything from the tractor.
Yeah thats because of Giants decided not to implement connection hoses on every implement/vehicle.
So in MA I do a check if the implement actually has connection hoses, if yes it will disable some functionalities when the implements hoses are disconnected. If they implement does not have any hoses MA will just allow everything. ;)