Where's the Forage Harvester Headers that do Woodchips?

cwattyeso

Where's the Forage Harvester Headers that do Woodchips?

Post by cwattyeso »

Was playing the game recently and doing some episodes for my lets play series, and did my first Poplar Harvest ever in game, using the new Anderson Bio Baler. However I didn't realise how painfully slow that machine is, and combined with the massive field I had sown the Poplars on, I realised it would have took me several real life days to harvest the field with the DLC Baler. So I figured I'd use a Forage Harvester as they all show they can do Woodchips whether that be Base Game Harvesters or ones that have been added since launch via Mods. So I went and bought myself the big Krone Harvester, figured I'd spare no expense and go for the size and speed. Now comes the problem, where are the Headers that can do woodchips? For the Krone there are none in either the base game content or the ModHub Content, so we have machines that can harvest a crop/fruit type but no attachments that we can buy to allow it to do so. The only header I found for Forage Harvesters was a base game New Holland one, which is a pathetic 2m wide and only operates at 8KPH, making it even more painfully slow and tedious then the Bio Baler?

Where are the Krone Woodchip Headers or other brand Woodchip Headers, and are there any that are wider and faster then either the New Holland Header or Bio Baler?
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
chedly_farms

Re: Where's the Forage Harvester Headers that do Woodchips?

Post by chedly_farms »

They are wood chips processors, they aren't meant to go P1 at Monaco.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

There's only the NH one, but it realy is faster, since you don't have to stop for every 2k. If you're playing with friends, or are using cp, you can have several tractors/trucks and trailers collecting, and carrying the chipps to storage/to sell at the same time. If you're alone, you can still fill a big trailer before having to stop.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

chedly_farms wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:12 pm They are wood chips processors, they aren't meant to go P1 at Monaco.
We need some tools to allow us to do P1 at Monaco however. For me being a solo player the lack of tools for doing Woodchips from Poplars is just making them look like being something to avoid planting and farming at all costs, unless you want to lose a couple of weeks of your real life and time to harvest one field.

Thankfully I've been able to mod one of the mod header, to add woodchips to it, sadly lacks any in game animations when cutting the poplars on the field but it functions. Let's me do 9m wide strips at 16KPH which is a massive improvement over either the Bio Baler or the New Holland Header.
Noraf wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:26 pm There's only the NH one, but it realy is faster, since you don't have to stop for every 2k. If you're playing with friends, or are using cp, you can have several tractors/trucks and trailers collecting, and carrying the chipps to storage/to sell at the same time. If you're alone, you can still fill a big trailer before having to stop.
I only play solo so the idea of a Forage Harvester pulling a big capacity trailer did make more sense to me to be able to speed up the harvesting a bit. As you say having to stop every 2K Litres of Woodchips to unload that baler is annoying, especially as that baler doesn't work with the Auto-Bale Unload Mod I use, when I'm doing other bales in game. As for Courseplay it could be useful down the road, however as Mode 2 (Truck to Combine to Storage Silo) hasn't been updated to FS19 yet by the devs and it really is hit and miss for people right now. For me if I try to use the Combine Mode with Trucks or Tractors they get in a right faff, driving into the Harvesters when they should be driving alongside it to unload, and worse and most game breaking when you start them on the course or work mode, you can't get back into the courseplay hud to stop them or change their settings, have to exit out of the game to basically sack the courseplay worker and reset the vehicle.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Run the forrager on an helper, and cart yourself?
Or use a hkl on the rear, and place the containers on the edge of the field as they fill up, and then haul them all away afther :P

Have a nice weekend, and good luck
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

I know very little about this process as it's not widely done where I live, but I would have to assume from a realism point that the machines go so slow because they have to. You're dealing with some heavy material there that you are chopping. That is probably why there isn't anything faster or wider if I had to guess. If there was anymore material coming in any faster, it'd be hard on the machine. I know if I'm running a bush hog on patch of grass I can go a lot faster and make a cleaner cut than if I was in a patch of thick brush.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
eric21

Post by eric21 »

That's how woodships are harvested really slow
The.EuroFarmer

Post by The.EuroFarmer »

cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

That's brilliant EuroFarmer thanks for sharing that. No idea why the didn't just put one of these in the base game. Krone needs a woodchip header.

The.EuroFarmer

Post by The.EuroFarmer »

You can alter the header, for example lower its working speed, increase its width etc.
To be honest I haven't use it yet, it just lays in my Mod's folder until the poplars reach a harvesting stage.

Also, I look forward for the Kemper Study 2020, I hope it will arrive in FS19 soon.
Ox91

Post by Ox91 »

cwattyeso wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:57 pm That's brilliant EuroFarmer thanks for sharing that. No idea why the didn't just put one of these in the base game. Krone needs a woodchip header.
It wouldn't be realistic to put in a corn header that works on poplar. Plus that kind of chipping is done one row at a time, I don't think the machines could handle more than that.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

I’d like to see one of these in game for doing Poplars and Trees in general https://www.facebook.com/16304138172341 ... 17?sfns=mo

Stevo0114

Post by Stevo0114 »

Yes love it think I need to learn how to mod and make summit like that
Love FS fav tractor Case I h. FS 19 has caught up and is now for me better than fs17
Playing on xbox one x, Thanks to Giants and all modders who make the game great.
Love this community so thanks guys
The.EuroFarmer

Post by The.EuroFarmer »

cwattyeso wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 11:45 am
It reminds me the Stump Grinder Rabaud XYLOR for FS17 by BlackSheep Modding.

http://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.ph ... d_id=98090

Hopefully it will arrive into FS19 also
Farming Girl

Post by Farming Girl »

chedly_farms wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:12 pm They are wood chips processors, they aren't meant to go P1 at Monaco.
LOL
Ann-Marie

C&S Modding