Oakfield Farm

Daviss42

Re: Oakfield Farm

Post by Daviss42 »

Let's see what reasons giants give to fail the map next week.
System - i7-10700k | RTX 3080 | 32GB 4000mhz | 2TB NVME

Console - Xbox Series X
Guil

Post by Guil »

gordon861 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:51 pm Perhaps it's about time Giants made the testing version of their editor available to the MODrs so that they can see for themselves if it'll fail before submitting it?
There is no testing software other than the shader one which GIANTS have already made available, mods are tested in game after that. To everyone quoting various faults or translation errors in mod, QA are only human like all of us and like all of us can miss some things. Have any of you reported the issue in the Modhub bug forum?
Dal100

Post by Dal100 »

Have u seen old streams map that has major issues but passed ,,,, but oakfield fails coz of a german word spelt wrong .... come on giants u really seem to hate uk maps ..
billy_roberts_81

Post by billy_roberts_81 »

Guil wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 12:05 am
gordon861 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:51 pm Perhaps it's about time Giants made the testing version of their editor available to the MODrs so that they can see for themselves if it'll fail before submitting it?
There is no testing software other than the shader one which GIANTS have already made available, mods are tested in game after that. To everyone quoting various faults or translation errors in mod, QA are only human like all of us and like all of us can miss some things. Have any of you reported the issue in the Modhub bug forum?
Yes there is Guil. GIANTS confirmed back in Fs17 that they run a console compatibility program on mods which checks for issues running the mod on console. This is what gives them the errors they send back to modders.

Also GIANTS inhouse GE is not the same GE as the version they release to the public.

We understand human error, but human stupidity you can only excuse for so long.

If the error exists on the mod fair enough, but when they are failing mods for errors which don't even exist with that mod then that shows to me they don't have a clue what they are doing.
wombles

Post by wombles »

Guil wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 12:05 am
Yes QA are only human and will make mistakes, but Oakfield failed for a german word in the description being wrong in the third fail(I think) and then again a different german word in the fifth fail? was that human error or did the tester stop reading where they got too the first wrong word, then when David fix it continued too read on till they found the second wrong german word in the description? I'm sure it wasn't the same word because they even sent the right translation with the fail.

For a lazy company that relies heavily on others making their game better, they sure do nothing to help or make it easier for them.

I think modders should band together and stop making mods for FS19, as from what I can tell it not just David that's being in what can only be described as being made a fool of.
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Don’t know what’s changed at giants but they bent over backwards to help Bulletbill with his west coast map and now they’re failing maps because of one translation,,,with testers like that now in place no wonder Bulletbill packed in
wombles

Post by wombles »

Patrick73 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 11:30 am Don’t know what’s changed at giants but they bent over backwards to help Bulletbill with his west coast map and now they’re failing maps because of one translation,,,with testers like that now in place no wonder Bulletbill packed in
Hopefully he's only taking a break from mapping.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Patrick73 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 11:30 am Don’t know what’s changed at giants but they bent over backwards to help Bulletbill with his west coast map and now they’re failing maps because of one translation,,,with testers like that now in place no wonder Bulletbill packed in
Because people begged Giants to help, pretty much the whole forum
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

No sign of Oakfield on the list now for either pc or console, could it be good news or another dodgy translation found......
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Simple fix for all Mod Author's going forward and to prevent this scenario happening again, only include English language in your files, moddesc.xml and stuff. Don't put the translations in for your non-native languages, then they can't fail it.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Dorset_FS_UK

Post by Dorset_FS_UK »

GIANTS Software ModHub Guidelines v2.6 EN 04/04/2018

Pass / Fail Determination:
Pass: • Description is adequate and free of errors (At least in English and German)
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Make your description adequate and free of errors in English and upload and happy days.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

TobiHH

Post by TobiHH »

Only english will not be accepted. It must be at least also in german.
Daviss42

Post by Daviss42 »

Just waiting on the modhub update
System - i7-10700k | RTX 3080 | 32GB 4000mhz | 2TB NVME

Console - Xbox Series X
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

TobiHH wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 4:37 pm Only english will not be accepted. It must be at least also in german.
Well I submitted a mod that is only English because that's the only language that I know, speak, read and write. If Giants fail it because of that, then they are incredibly petty. Not everyone is multi-lingual or knows someone who is who can translate for them. English should be the only bare minimum requirement as it's the international language and everything.