Oakfield Farm

Stevo0114

Re: Oakfield Farm

Post by Stevo0114 »

So it failed for pc what about console it's still on testing list
Love FS fav tractor Case I h. FS 19 has caught up and is now for me better than fs17
Playing on xbox one x, Thanks to Giants and all modders who make the game great.
Love this community so thanks guys
Daviss42

Post by Daviss42 »

Also its probably always been this way (albeit a seemingly stupid one) but why do giants fail a map and request an update upon finding one error why not further test and maybe find them all so it can be fixed and tested in one pass.. not back and fourth over 1 error at a time. I know fixing one thing can break another but seems more time efficient then there current methods. I'd be #&#&@&# off if I was oxy because its making his work look bad even though he's a top class modder.
System - i7-10700k | RTX 3080 | 32GB 4000mhz | 2TB NVME

Console - Xbox Series X
FS Velocity

Post by FS Velocity »

Terrier930 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 6:21 pm Failed again according to oxygendavid. Due to one German word in the description been wrong He has just confirmed it in rainbow daves stream. You couldn’t make it up. So probably looking at next week at some point now.

Seriously that’s why!!!??
wombles

Post by wombles »

Yep Oxygen David said when it failed he had it back to them inside five minutes, because it was one german word in the description was wrong. They even sent him the right translation with the fail lol. Unbelievable mark my words Oxy the next fail will be because the grass is too green.
dapals51

Post by dapals51 »

If that's true it's sad. I started with FS 15 and not having mods was okay didn't know any better, but after having FS17 with mods (which greatly improved game play) it's become a must have. I appreciate what giant does, but the mod make the game. I understand wanting quality mods and certain things being just right to meet console standards. But they can not afford to lose modders.
XBOX one player
Farmer in the midwest USA

MOD HUB OR DIE!!
FS Velocity

Post by FS Velocity »

Yet if you look at the lowbody loader in the MH when you activate the sign it’s spelt right but when you close the sign the modder had a typo and it says “ sing “ lol yet they passed that? Go figure!
Sir_Kutz

Post by Sir_Kutz »

That's ridiculous, I've noticed numerous grammatical and spelling errors through out the versions.
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

Mod maps are important to me, but sometimes I wish modders would just stop making them. That might make Giants wiseup
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

dapals51 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 8:31 pm If that's true it's sad. I started with FS 15 and not having mods was okay didn't know any better, but after having FS17 with mods (which greatly improved game play) it's become a must have. I appreciate what giant does, but the mod make the game. I understand wanting quality mods and certain things being just right to meet console standards. But they can not afford to lose modders.
Instead of wasting money on the esports side of things, they should be investing that money into the modders
the big print giveth the small print taketh
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

I'm just wondering why Giants have not built a feature into Giants Editor or made a separate tool that Mod Authors can download to scan their mods for the errors and issues that would cause them to be failed if submitted, so that author's could do this ahead of time and ensure their mods meet all the required guidelines, restrictions and standards that Giants want so they can avoid this back and fourth tennis style rally with their mods, which not only wastes the mod author's time and actually begins to discourage them from supporting the modhub at all and am fairly sure it's a bit of a waste of Giants QA Time to keep repeatedly testing the same mods and rejecting them. Though I also agree with the other posters here who say when Giants Test a mod, they do the whole thing, find all the problems at once and report them in one go to the author, so they can fix everything at once before re-submitting it, so again it'd remove the back and fourth tennis style rally we're seeing with mods in test.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Wolf Farming

Post by Wolf Farming »

Really a miss spelled German word that’s hilarious failing it on something so like that
Steam: Grey Wolf
Pc only
Farming simulator 15,17,19,22
Currently playing: court farm
Fav tractor: challenger John Deere
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Wolf Farming wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 4:58 pm Really a miss spelled German word that’s hilarious failing it on something so like that
Depends on what it says I suppose. I used to work with a company that put a sign up near a staircase which was supposed to say ‘upstairs to’ and it actually translated to ‘up yours’ 😆
The.EuroFarmer

Post by The.EuroFarmer »

cwattyeso wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 3:10 pm
I think an addon for GE would be nice, with that addon we would be able to see in no time if the mod is 100% ready for upload.
Wolf Farming

Post by Wolf Farming »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 5:01 pm
Wolf Farming wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 4:58 pm Really a miss spelled German word that’s hilarious failing it on something so like that
Depends on what it says I suppose. I used to work with a company that put a sign up near a staircase which was supposed to say ‘upstairs to’ and it actually translated to ‘up yours’ 😆
True thank god for google translate huh 😂
I like the idea of pre-tester for maps as mods do fail on odd things some game breaking some just mundane, it would help modders and certainly make it easier for them instead of getting a fail reading a report changing it resubmitting it waiting to see if it’s a pass or fail and having to through the whole process again it must be frustrating as hell.
Steam: Grey Wolf
Pc only
Farming simulator 15,17,19,22
Currently playing: court farm
Fav tractor: challenger John Deere
billy_roberts_81

Post by billy_roberts_81 »

Addictedtofs wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 1:25 pm
billy_roberts_81 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 11:02 am I was chatting with some of the FD guys on there discord and the stuff some mod maps are being failed on are ridiculous.
Would you care to elaborate on what that stuff was?
They have failed peoples maps for things like a material FAIL, which in itself is fine as it means a model has a texture material which won't render properly on consoles. However several times GIANTS testers have told map makers they have a material fail but the material name doesn't exist in the entire map.i3d file.

Or they fail a map for having 1 word wrong in the German description of the map.

Or they have failed it because there AI workers can't work the fields properly. (This makes me laugh as GIANTS AI as default doesn't even work there own maps fields, let alone any other maps)
Anyone who has played farm sim for any length of time knows you have to farm every field in a certain way to allow for GIANTS AI not to get stuck or confused.

One guy had his map failed for something wrong with field 47.... except he had no field 47 on the entire map.

Most modders have no problem with GIANTS finding things that need fixing. Thats a positive. But when the fails don't even exist thats ridiculous.

No wonder modders are getting frustrated.

I think what is frustrating is that the same GIANTS mod testers allowed mods to be released on Modhub with 1L10 errors in the log.txt

This is 101 in mod testing, and also means the testers didn't even check the log which makes you wonder did they even check anything else.

It could be just human error, but I know in Fs17 Modhub some of GIANTS testers had some bias towards or against certain modders so would be more fussy with them over others.

That is not fair at all. It should be same standard of testing for all no matter who they are or what there mod is.