Oakfield Farm

Wolf Farming

Re: Oakfield Farm

Post by Wolf Farming »

Great map a big thank you to oxygendavid been waiting for this one for a while and was deffo worth the wait can’t wait till seasons.
Steam: Grey Wolf
Pc only
Farming simulator 15,17,19,22
Currently playing: court farm
Fav tractor: challenger John Deere
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

This isn't in anyway meant as a criticism of Oakfield, which in FS-17 was possibly the best map ever made, but one thing I've noticed with a few maps is that the 'new and improved' FS-19 lighting engine really doesn't do any favours to flat 2D textures and the way some maps look over all. Oakfield does still look better in FS-17 I think. It was clearly made for that game and looks better in that game. Giants flat sky box and the overly bright lighting of FS-19 doesn't do the map justice I don't think. Again not a criticism of OxyDave or Oakfield its just a general criticism I've got of FS-19 lighting engine. Its all too bright, flat and washed out looking.
billy_roberts_81

Post by billy_roberts_81 »

I agree with you totally Mobias. Oakfield 19 is brilliant, but its lacking something which is not the maps fault at all.

It's one of my frustrations with Fs19. You've got some stuff that looks better than Fs17 did, but when it comes to maps, overall they just aren't as pleasing to the eye as in Fs17.

Funnily enough BulletBill said the same when Fs19 was released about his maps he had started to convert over. That was one of the reasons he stopped converting them as in his opinion they didn't look anywhere near as nice.

What annoyed me was he got slated for that opinion by some, yet now many are agreeing with him.

These top modders actually do have a clue what looks nice and what doesn't. Just wish GIANTS were the same.
Saom

Post by Saom »

Do anybody have a problem with the bunkersilo beside the cowpasture/reset spawn point? 25 % of it doesn't register as silo. Back right hand side still is no collision gras, the rest is registered correctly. I can drive thru the grass, it doesn't register in volume and it doesn't blanket.
Last edited by Saom on Sat May 11, 2019 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PS4, Norway.
Elmcreek and No Mans Land.
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

billy_roberts_81 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 11:19 am
It's one of my frustrations with Fs19. You've got some stuff that looks better than Fs17 did, but when it comes to maps, overall they just aren't as pleasing to the eye as in Fs17.
The thing is the game is capable of looking really good. Mucking about with the weather settings on PC and adding far greater cloud density makes a huge difference. It dulls the lighting slightly and gives the sky far more definition. It looks like Seasons 19 will do this anyway so the game as a whole should look much better for everyone once seasons comes out I think.
billy_roberts_81

Post by billy_roberts_81 »

Mobias wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 2:18 pm
The thing is the game is capable of looking really good. Mucking about with the weather settings on PC and adding far greater cloud density makes a huge difference. It dulls the lighting slightly and gives the sky far more definition. It looks like Seasons 19 will do this anyway so the game as a whole should look much better for everyone once seasons comes out I think.
Yes it's going to be interesting to see just how much improvement Realismus Modding can make with Seasons.

I know a lot of players seem to ridicule others who put a lot of emphasis on the visual side of the game, but getting those aspects right make a huge difference to the immersion of the game and your enjoyment.
Eggski

Post by Eggski »

WOW I just had a massive crash, halfway through harvesting potatoes in field 39 with a helper and pulled back into the field an BANG black screen with loads of numbers in the bottom corner covering the hud, hud was still up but nothing else.

I'm running a fare few mods but have ran them on other maps fine but obviously I dont know if it could be one of those, tried clearing the mods and running it vanilla but the save game is bogged down with the normal equipment falling through the floor at the farm whilst the game tries to start at 0 mph.

I cant even try to replicate it as I cant remember what fields I owned so I'll start again and hope for the best.
Farming the proper way, on PC.
Jimbomodder

Post by Jimbomodder »

Eggski wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 7:31 pm WOW I just had a massive crash, halfway through harvesting potatoes in field 39 with a helper and pulled back into the field an BANG black screen with loads of numbers in the bottom corner covering the hud, hud was still up but nothing else.

I'm running a fare few mods but have ran them on other maps fine but obviously I dont know if it could be one of those, tried clearing the mods and running it vanilla but the save game is bogged down with the normal equipment falling through the floor at the farm whilst the game tries to start at 0 mph.

I cant even try to replicate it as I cant remember what fields I owned so I'll start again and hope for the best.
This bugs showing up and a lot of maps now, even the vanilla maps.
FS15 Xbox 360
FS15 Xbox one
FS17 Xbox one
FS19 Xbox one
FS22 Xbox series S
Fs15-22 pc

MSI b550 Tomahawk
Ryzen 7 3700x
MSI gaming trio Radeon 6800XT
64gb ram
Evga 850 G2 PSU
Samsung 980 pro 1tb nvme
Fanxiang 2tb nvme
One of my most addictive games to date! You modders make this game even better :this:
Eggski

Post by Eggski »

Do you know what its related to Jimbo?

Using the hired help or just random episode of madness? Must admit its the first time I've used the helper on a map.
wombles

Post by wombles »

Mobias wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 10:47 pm This isn't in anyway meant as a criticism of Oakfield, which in FS-17 was possibly the best map ever made, but one thing I've noticed with a few maps is that the 'new and improved' FS-19 lighting engine really doesn't do any favours to flat 2D textures and the way some maps look over all. Oakfield does still look better in FS-17 I think. It was clearly made for that game and looks better in that game. Giants flat sky box and the overly bright lighting of FS-19 doesn't do the map justice I don't think. Again not a criticism of OxyDave or Oakfield its just a general criticism I've got of FS-19 lighting engine. Its all too bright, flat and washed out looking.
I do agree, but I think Dave is doing a good job on this, he has improved it greatly over Marwell imo. I suspose at the end of the day you can only work with the tools you have, as the saying goes.
Jimbomodder

Post by Jimbomodder »

Eggski wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 7:44 pm Do you know what its related to Jimbo?

Using the hired help or just random episode of madness? Must admit its the first time I've used the helper on a map.
it's seems varied, happen to my friend online on new bartenhslagen with super sx heavy truck, has happened on ravenport whilst using a bailer too, seems it's something in the base game itself. With all these bugs happening more and more it's almost time to go back to fs17 with seasons
FS15 Xbox 360
FS15 Xbox one
FS17 Xbox one
FS19 Xbox one
FS22 Xbox series S
Fs15-22 pc

MSI b550 Tomahawk
Ryzen 7 3700x
MSI gaming trio Radeon 6800XT
64gb ram
Evga 850 G2 PSU
Samsung 980 pro 1tb nvme
Fanxiang 2tb nvme
One of my most addictive games to date! You modders make this game even better :this:
Eggski

Post by Eggski »

Jimbomodder wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 9:07 pm
Eggski wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 7:44 pm Do you know what its related to Jimbo?

it's seems varied, happen to my friend online on new bartenhslagen with super sx heavy truck, has happened on ravenport whilst using a bailer too, seems it's something in the base game itself. With all these bugs happening more and more it's almost time to go back to fs17 with seasons
I'm still doing a bit with 17, too good to stop.
fozbot1973

Post by fozbot1973 »

Saom wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 11:37 am Do anybody have a problem with the bunkersilo beside the cowpasture/reset spawn point? 25 % of it doesn't register as silo. Back right hand side still is no collision gras, the rest is registered correctly. I can drive thru the grass, it doesn't register in volume and it doesn't blanket.
I've put 50000 litres in this bunker, spread across the entire surface, and it fermented fine so I'm not sure what that is about Saom.
Grizzly39samr

Post by Grizzly39samr »

Saom wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 11:37 am Do anybody have a problem with the bunkersilo beside the cowpasture/reset spawn point? 25 % of it doesn't register as silo. Back right hand side still is no collision gras, the rest is registered correctly. I can drive thru the grass, it doesn't register in volume and it doesn't blanket.
There was a similar issue with the FS17 version of Oakfield, with grass/chaff bleeding through to outside the bunker in the same back right corner.
If you were on PC it was a simple fix by using the Giants Editor to extend the bunker wall collisions down further into the ground. It may be a similar issue for the FS19 version. I don't know if that specific issue was ever fixed on the FS17 version in a map update and it may be that in the conversion to FS19 that it was not picked up or fixed.

For FS19 if you are on PC then doing the same fix with the Giants Editor could/should solve the problem. For console users, if the bunker wall collisions are the issue, then unfortunately you will need to wait for OD to fix this in an updated map.
- Difficulties be Damned -
Saom

Post by Saom »

Grizzly39samr wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 2:36 am
There was a similar issue with the FS17 version of Oakfield, with grass/chaff bleeding through to outside the bunker in the same back right corner.
If you were on PC it was a simple fix by using the Giants Editor to extend the bunker wall collisions down further into the ground. It may be a similar issue for the FS19 version. I don't know if that specific issue was ever fixed on the FS17 version in a map update and it may be that in the conversion to FS19 that it was not picked up or fixed.

For FS19 if you are on PC then doing the same fix with the Giants Editor could/should solve the problem. For console users, if the bunker wall collisions are the issue, then unfortunately you will need to wait for OD to fix this in an updated map.
Thanks to both of you, I'm on PS4. Now that I know, I use it for tractor parking instead. Buildt another silo, so I still got two I can use.
PS4, Norway.
Elmcreek and No Mans Land.