Oakfield Farm

Jimbob0704

Re: Oakfield Farm

Post by Jimbob0704 »

No Conspiracy Ritchie????? Lmao go watch Landykids stream tonight then be a snowflake to someone who cares
Owner of YouTube channel FS landscaping
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVa5pA ... kqx5eVXmxw
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

Think what you like it doesn't bother me. It's just hilarious reading some of the theories that get banded about and then taken as fact. If folks really think Giants have an active dislike against a certain modder then that's up to them. Just seems crazy to me plus I've got more important things in my life to worry about than what some random person says on the internet :lol:
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Patrick73 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 7:31 pm
eric21 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 5:39 pm
Ritchie wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 5:23 pm

1 billion mandarin Chinese speakers may have a different opinion.
International language, i dont think people from Gabon will speak Chinese or even Pakistan
Actually Eric21 (troll) the official languages of Pakistan are Punjab, Urdu and English..there is no such language as “Pakistan”
This is dumb, we are all acting likes kids because of selfishness
razz

Post by razz »

Nathan has said tonight on a landy kid live feed that oakfield has passed , lovely jubbly
Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

Nathan's farm is meadowgrove, it passed pc, oakfield failed because of the pig pen, which is in the exact same place as it was on 17
Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

The random guy Ritcjie is actually the modders that we are talking about, they all pop in, oxy, mj, nathan and more, all the info is from the horses mouth as to speak
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

This all boils down to people not having any patience and respecting the process for mod approval. If a mod fails testing it fails and that should be an end to it as far as any of us are concerned. I'm sure the modders are quite capable of working with Giants in sorting things out in each case.
This BS happens over and over again on here and it's getting pretty old. People don't get what they want, when they want it so the tantrums begin.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

I've seen and heard what some of the modders/streamers have said too Jim and my statement about patience and respecting the checking process goes for them too. I am able to make my own mind up about these things and don't rely on others telling me what to think.
Guil

Post by Guil »

billy_roberts_81 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:14 am
Yes there is Guil. GIANTS confirmed back in Fs17 that they run a console compatibility program on mods which checks for issues running the mod on console. This is what gives them the errors they send back to modders.

Also GIANTS inhouse GE is not the same GE as the version they release to the public.

We understand human error, but human stupidity you can only excuse for so long.

If the error exists on the mod fair enough, but when they are failing mods for errors which don't even exist with that mod then that shows to me they don't have a clue what they are doing.
Don't shoot the messenger, I'm only going off what Lisertan posted in the forum.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Guil wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 9:33 pm
billy_roberts_81 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:14 am
Yes there is Guil. GIANTS confirmed back in Fs17 that they run a console compatibility program on mods which checks for issues running the mod on console. This is what gives them the errors they send back to modders.

Also GIANTS inhouse GE is not the same GE as the version they release to the public.

We understand human error, but human stupidity you can only excuse for so long.

If the error exists on the mod fair enough, but when they are failing mods for errors which don't even exist with that mod then that shows to me they don't have a clue what they are doing.
Don't shoot the messenger, I'm only going off what Lisertan posted in the forum.
Aside from any in-house scripts or other checking systems, there are also commercial dev kits from both Sony and Microsoft for console compatibility, neither of which we have access to. The last time I checked the Sony one alone started at four figures (Pound Stirling), and that was assuming you could get a license (which private modders wouldn't be able to).
Guil

Post by Guil »

Yes I'm aware of devkits but still doesn't change much, only developers have access to those everywhere.
wombles

Post by wombles »

Ritchie wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 9:16 pm This all boils down to people not having any patience and respecting the process for mod approval. If a mod fails testing it fails and that should be an end to it as far as any of us are concerned. I'm sure the modders are quite capable of working with Giants in sorting things out in each case.
This BS happens over and over again on here and it's getting pretty old. People don't get what they want, when they want it so the tantrums begin.
I think people loose respect and patience for a company when they start to apply double standards.

And if this BS is annoying that much why do you read it? Never under stood that mentality, do you go out of your way to be upset in real life, or is it just an internet thing.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

My opinion is just as valid as anyone elses, if you don't like what I have to say you don't have to read it either :mrgreen:
pumpkinpatch

Post by pumpkinpatch »

There do indeed seem to be some inconsistencies in the testing process. But I still like to believe that everyone is just trying to do as good a job as possible, including the testers.

If mods and maps really are failing because of translation errors, then we should have a place on this forum where modders can ask for help with translations. I for one would be happy to contribute some English-German/German-English translations when I have the time, and I suspect I'm not the only one.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

pumpkinpatch wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 10:10 am There do indeed seem to be some inconsistencies in the testing process. But I still like to believe that everyone is just trying to do as good a job as possible, including the testers.
This is exactly how I look at these situations, I don't understand why people have to immediately assume there is some malice behind a mod failing and start throwing out the insults at Giants.