Oakfield Farm

wombles

Re: Oakfield Farm

Post by wombles »

Ritchie wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 4:22 pm You honestly can't truly believe that :lol:
It begs the question, on some of the stupid stuff it's failing on. Where were these testers when they where making the base game.
Wolf Farming

Post by Wolf Farming »

I very much doubt they would hold it back deliberately or maliciously I can’t see them doing that. If it’s failed there’s probably a good reason why, you don’t want a map that’s got bugs or keeps crashing the game. I do feel your pain guys Waiting for something new all we can do is hope this time it’s a pass.
Steam: Grey Wolf
Pc only
Farming simulator 15,17,19,22
Currently playing: court farm
Fav tractor: challenger John Deere
wombles

Post by wombles »

Wolf Farming wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 5:00 pm I very much doubt they would hold it back deliberately or maliciously I can’t see them doing that. If it’s failed there’s probably a good reason why, you don’t want a map that’s got bugs or keeps crashing the game. I do feel your pain guys Waiting for something new all we can do is hope this time it’s a pass.
You wouldn't like to think they would, but if the fails have only been what has been said on some of the youtube streams, something is off. One other thing why can't they compile a list of the things that is wrong, if the streamers are tobe believed, when one thing is fixed they come back with something new.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

wombles wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 5:13 pm when one thing is fixed they come back with something new.
This is incredibly common and not just in computer programming. Fixing one thing can easily break something else further down the line.
wombles

Post by wombles »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 5:59 pm
wombles wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 5:13 pm when one thing is fixed they come back with something new.
This is incredibly common and not just in computer programming. Fixing one thing can easily break something else further down the line.
Watch Rainbow Dave Gaming Marwell stream from the 1st of May, if the reasons OxygenDavid gave are true I can't see how it could have been game breaking.
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

Perhaps it's about time Giants made the testing version of their editor available to the MODrs so that they can see for themselves if it'll fail before submitting it?
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
TZ441

Post by TZ441 »

something must be up with madded maps now. They must of upped the requirements or something because SOMS2 has prtty much said hes going to put one map on modhub and thats it. Hes said hes fed up with the testing and that his maps are getting fails from models that he is using from giants.
FS15, FS17, FS19 all on Xbox.
FS19 on PC
4th Generation Cattle rancher in South Dakota.
wombles

Post by wombles »

TZ441 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 7:41 pm something must be up with madded maps now. They must of upped the requirements or something because SOMS2 has prtty much said hes going to put one map on modhub and thats it. Hes said hes fed up with the testing and that his maps are getting fails from models that he is using from giants.
Yea I think the community is going too have to get behind the mappers, lets face it they are the backbone of this game. I think if Giants keep making mappers jump through that amount of silly hoops too get their maps passed, they will go else where and who could blame them.

And we all loose out if it comes too that, console players the most.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

wombles wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 5:13 pm
Wolf Farming wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 5:00 pm I very much doubt they would hold it back deliberately or maliciously I can’t see them doing that. If it’s failed there’s probably a good reason why, you don’t want a map that’s got bugs or keeps crashing the game. I do feel your pain guys Waiting for something new all we can do is hope this time it’s a pass.
You wouldn't like to think they would, but if the fails have only been what has been said on some of the youtube streams, something is off. One other thing why can't they compile a list of the things that is wrong, if the streamers are tobe believed, when one thing is fixed they come back with something new.
I really dont trust the streamers, ifnyou want the truth ask the modders. I know some streamers dont like some modded maps and like to cause friction. The same thing happened in fs17
wombles

Post by wombles »

eric21 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 10:27 am
wombles wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 5:13 pm
I really dont trust the streamers, ifnyou want the truth ask the modders. I know some streamers dont like some modded maps and like to cause friction. The same thing happened in fs17
OxygenDavid was answering questions in Rainbow Dave stream about why it failed.
billy_roberts_81

Post by billy_roberts_81 »

I was chatting with some of the FD guys on there discord and the stuff some mod maps are being failed on are ridiculous. This isn't just FD maps but plenty of other modders as well.

I'm all for high quality testing, but some of the things they have been failed on don't even exist on there maps.
Or they have used GIANTS own stuff to reduce the chance of problems only for it to fail on that.

More and more modders are getting fed up with GIANTS and Modhub. The sad part is it is the console players who will suffer for it.

It's been a real eye opener chatting to some of the modders and some of the stuff they've show me in there dealings with GIANTS Modhub.

I know if I was in there shoes I wouldn't bother uploading to Modhub. It just isn't worth it.
Many modders aren't even getting as many downloads as they did for there mods in Fs17.
wombles

Post by wombles »

They probably not getting the downloads for their maps (the lucky ones that got through the lunacy of Giants testing), because players are probably fed up with the lack of maps to suit their play style, and have left the game.
ssfarmer1

Post by ssfarmer1 »

Always the whining about the lack of maps. Exactly two years ago, on FS17 modhub there were 15 maps. Now in FS19 we have 14 maps. ONE whole map less than FS17 had around this time, so how exactly is there a lack of maps?
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

billy_roberts_81 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 11:02 am I was chatting with some of the FD guys on there discord and the stuff some mod maps are being failed on are ridiculous.
Would you care to elaborate on what that stuff was?
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
Daviss42

Post by Daviss42 »

Guess it failed pc, was really hoping we would get it today
System - i7-10700k | RTX 3080 | 32GB 4000mhz | 2TB NVME

Console - Xbox Series X