I'm just gonna say it

hun3

I'm just gonna say it

Post by hun3 »

I'm sure I'll get crucified saying this but seriously whats the deal with all that crappy mods on modhub? I stopped playing 19 months ago actually stopped plating FS all together but I have the mod page on my PC always up and I refresh it every single day see if there are new maps worth my time or mods that are useful. Instead I see all these low quality useless stuff. Like a garden gnom??? Really!

If this version of the game going to be saved by mods its not looking all that great.
cwattyeso

Re: I'm just gonna say it

Post by cwattyeso »

There's your mistake, you're looking on the ModHub for Quality Mods. The best mods are not being released on ModHub but on Mod Author's own sites and pages and other 3rd Party Sites. A lot of authors are just fed up with all the restrictions Giants impose on ModHub Submissions so are electing not to even go down that road this year.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

@OP you are on PC and you are moaning about mods ? There is like 250 maps out already plus the absolute ton of mods for PC out on various author and mod sites
As cwatty said, you need to look elsewhere.
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
Stevo0114

Post by Stevo0114 »

No offence intended but some people are never happy I would say even that maybe farming sim not the game for them!! But me I love fs series mods and all
Love FS fav tractor Case I h. FS 19 has caught up and is now for me better than fs17
Playing on xbox one x, Thanks to Giants and all modders who make the game great.
Love this community so thanks guys
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

I can't help but laugh at the irony of this....
*Complains about content being created by people who aren't getting paid, and donating their own time not being good enough*
*Wonders why there isn't more "good" content*

Why don't you start making mods yourself then? Furthermore, if you quit playing the game 19 months ago, what use are the mods to you? If you're relying on the mods to make you want to come back to the series, I think you're wasting your time.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
hun3

Post by hun3 »

Deadeye wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:34 pm If you're relying on the mods to make you want to come back to the series, I think you're wasting your time.
Thank you for supporting the point I was making.
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

hun3 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:57 pm
Deadeye wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:34 pm If you're relying on the mods to make you want to come back to the series, I think you're wasting your time.
Thank you for supporting the point I was making.
Actually, that's not the point I was making at all. The point I was making was that if you don't already like the game, the mods certainly aren't going to change that. Not because they aren't good, or there aren't enough, but simply because of the way the game is. The fun of this game lies mostly in the game itself, not in mods. The mods only add to the enjoyment.

Complaining and insulting the fine work of the mod authors that are donating their own time, effort, and resources isn't going to make any difference in the quality. Constructive criticism might, such as citing specific reasons you don't like the mod, things you'd change if it was yours, so on and so forth. Calling it low quality just because you don't like it isn't constructive though. If we all took your attitude, it wouldn't be long and all modders would just say to hell with it.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

People need to remember that the majority of modders make mods that they want to make, probably more for their own use because they want that particular plow or tractor for whatever reason. Then they very nicely let us use them. Which they don’t have to do.

If the modder who made the Gnome really likes gnomes then that’s up to him and it’s a fun addition if you like that kind of thing.

I had a relative once who loved gnomes in his garden. I thought they were awful but it was his garden so I didn’t criticise.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Lol I had an Uncle who collected Gnomes and had them in his garden. Until one day they all disappeared. He assumed someone had stolen them, called the Police and everything who really weren't that interested in launching a man hunt for kidnapped Gnomes. So a few weeks passed and suddenly my Uncle started receiving Postcards in the Mail apparently sent from his Gnomes, who were just letting him know they were enjoying a holiday and would be back soon. Turns out one of our other family members had collected all the Gnomes up, hidden them in a storage locker and was sending Postcards back to him, from places he drove through from the course of his work as a lorry driver.

As for the Gnome Mod, I wish it had some customisation options, different poses, expressions the ability to edit it's colours. I'd happily decorate around my farm houses and sheds with Gnomes if they could be customised a bit.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

cwattyeso wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:33 pm Lol I had an Uncle who collected Gnomes and had them in his garden. Until one day they all disappeared. He assumed someone had stolen them, called the Police and everything who really weren't that interested in launching a man hunt for kidnapped Gnomes. So a few weeks passed and suddenly my Uncle started receiving Postcards in the Mail apparently sent from his Gnomes, who were just letting him know they were enjoying a holiday and would be back soon. Turns out one of our other family members had collected all the Gnomes up, hidden them in a storage locker and was sending Postcards back to him, from places he drove through from the course of his work as a lorry driver.

As for the Gnome Mod, I wish it had some customisation options, different poses, expressions the ability to edit it's colours. I'd happily decorate around my farm houses and sheds with Gnomes if they could be customised a bit.
Your story just made my day :lol:
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

Knowing you're going to be crucified is probably one of the main reasons why the negative opinion threads have died down. Giants should take this kind of thread and realize that they could pick up the slack themselves. However, I doubt they will see it that way, and 21 will rely as heavily on mods as usual.
On the other side, maybe you could have worded your complaint a little differently to prevent accidentally poking at modders, who have no responsibility toward this game what-so-ever.
Pointing out that you lost interest in the game months ago due to lack of content that interests you might have been better received.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
Jeramy

Post by Jeramy »

So you have not actually played any of the games in over a year and a half? Haven't even touched Farming Simulator 19?

Why exactly should I care about your opinion of mods on a game you don't play?
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

I think he means he stopped playing fs19 months ago, not 19 months ago.
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
Cad_dao

Post by Cad_dao »

hun3 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:47 pm I'm sure I'll get crucified saying this but seriously whats the deal with all that crappy mods on modhub? I stopped playing 19 months ago actually stopped plating FS all together but I have the mod page on my PC always up and I refresh it every single day see if there are new maps worth my time or mods that are useful. Instead I see all these low quality useless stuff. Like a garden gnom??? Really!

If this version of the game going to be saved by mods its not looking all that great.
Hi,

First, I'm able to understand that you have lost fun playing FS game. Can't blame about it. Due to the fact that the base game ain't good enough for you for whatever reason, it's ok, everyone have his own reason to like or not. But...questionning a mod existence that you don't like when you can simply past over it without comment won't help modders to keep going doing stuff for everyone to use if they want to. Given stuff btw.

Second, modders make what they want and from the fun they get doing it, or from request. But it's up to them only. They could have done a fisherman statue, a placable shopping cart, a map with a village filled of gnomes instead of trees or even filled with smurf size buildings, 3 pts light bar, a placable sun, a clothesline with underwear hanging on, a pool, in fact, whatever they would like to create if it please them. Then if it pass the mod testing, you can have it on official modhub. Consider also it can also be done as a modding test to see if it's done right... even to learn about. You don't want it, you're not forced to get it. You paid only for the base game and DLC, mods is free stuff provided by ppl and given to the FS community.

Next, as cwattyeso said, seek on Mod Author's own sites and pages and other 3rd Party Sites. Since you're on PC, you may find there what you seek. Even there, you'll find stuff you don't need. But it's there and it's still free. Put there for free, free to be picked.

In end, no ones have a clue about what you seek instead of unwanted stuff. If you had posted something saying what kind of stuff you search or need, maybe someone could have put you on the right tracks and helped you find it and even suggested you where to look at. If your needed stuff wasn't existing and that a modder had liked the idea, maybe he could had created it from your needed request, who knows! Never hurts to post a request in a positive way. If a modder like the idea, he might pick the ball and carry it if you can't. Yes this game need modders and mods to be better. We're lucky they have the will to do it, that they put the time to so, and also that the game allow use of mods. But we have avoid to put the weight on modders sole shoulders. The flaws in the basegame ain't their responsability. We can comment a mod design or bug so they can work it out for the better in a positive way. But we have no right to comment the utility/existence of a mod, even more if we cannot build one and go through the whole modding process ourselve.

Regards!
FS 17 & 19 on XBOX one
Wolf Farming

Post by Wolf Farming »

First off what’s wrong with gnomes I like gnomes, secondly it takes a while to make a decent mod and get it tested. If you honestly think and don’t take this the wrong way you can make good stuff and do it better have a go, you might find you love it and have a knack for it but criticising people’s work who don’t get anything for it and spend there free time doing it seems harsh. And lastly you quit playing but still complain because there’s nothing decent I’m not trying to be harsh. If your not happy sell the game or get a refund if you bought off steam and try something else there’s loads of really good sim games out there.
Steam: Grey Wolf
Pc only
Farming simulator 15,17,19,22
Currently playing: court farm
Fav tractor: challenger John Deere