One mans ramblings on Realism

Noraf

Re: One mans ramblings on Realism

Post by Noraf »

I've Said it before, as has others. I wish they could start taking the scs approach to fs. What if fs19 could be the last one? Atleast for a decade 😁

Else i think fs have evolved over the years. This time we got crop destruction, and weeds ingame, and, as optionals aswell.

Just Imagine if they now consentrated on updates (free) and paid dlc' with stuff like soil mod, and other gamechanging additions, aswell as equiptment dlc's, maps and sutchs.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Cad_dao

Post by Cad_dao »

Deadeye wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 8:19 pm
Oddly enough, I've done all of those things. That is exactly the issue with this game as I've said. There is a very fine line between "too realistic" and an arcade game. I'd say there is room for improvement with this game, but mods are always where I would want to look for those extra touches.
I agree with you on that, as long as the game has some flexibility and that the game mecanic allow it, mods will always be the best option to suit the game at the level everyone see it fit. Just looking how fast a mod can be updated when it's not working properly and that it can be worked out. Who would like to wait next patch?

Regards!
Last edited by Cad_dao on Thu May 02, 2019 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FS 17 & 19 on XBOX one
Lostfarmer6474

Post by Lostfarmer6474 »

Noraf wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 8:45 pm

Else i think fs have evolved over the years. This time we got crop destruction, and weeds ingame, and, as optionals aswell.

Crop destruction was in game for ages. FS 13 had it. I used some truck mods in FS 11 with crop destruction. Lol.
But 10 years later we can sell fields .Yey!
Next 10 years and rain will not go trought roofs. Been done on moded maps in FS 15 .
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Yes, in mods, not in the game itself, witch i ment. We got crop destruction in fs17 as a giants mod, now they have put it ingame as an option we can choose to have enabeled or not. Same for weeds, lime and plowing.

Thought the rain stopped on the roofs now? Have forgotten to check.

But i still wish they would go down the scs way...
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Cad_dao

Post by Cad_dao »

Lostfarmer6474 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:02 pm
Next 10 years and rain will not go trought roofs. Been done on moded maps in FS 15 .
Hi Lostfarmer6474,

Rain through roof was corrected with last patch on game maps. Any modded map where it isn't working have to be updated. I'm not quite sure if modded builings have to contain something more in the coding so they take it into account, on that point, I'm really not sure. If you still have the problem, I don't know what to answer you other than post a log if you're able to so someone can check it out.

Regards!
Last edited by Cad_dao on Thu May 02, 2019 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FS 17 & 19 on XBOX one
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

Noraf wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 8:45 pm I've Said it before, as has others. I wish they could start taking the scs approach to fs. What if fs19 could be the last one? Atleast for a decade 😁

Just Imagine if they now consentrated on updates (free) and paid dlc' with stuff like soil mod, and other gamechanging additions, aswell as equiptment dlc's, maps and sutchs.
I absolutely love American Truck Simulator. It is a fraction of what it likely will be over the next few years, but it is constantly being added to. SCS is a studio that definitely does a lot right. I'm all for waiting a few years between titles, so long as there is great improvement from one game to the next. Hell, it'd give us more time to play with what we got. *thumbsup*
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
MarkDeere205

Post by MarkDeere205 »

Reading this forum makes me smile.

In the spirit of having a little fun try the following for realism.

Turn your game off. Go outside and find some dirt. Rub liberally onto both hands and a little on your face. Now go in to the garage and find some oil and diesel. (Gas will work but is not as realistic.) Rub liberally onto both hands and a little onto your face. Now rub hands in jeans and shirt. Do NOT wash your hands.

Now get a big wrench and hit yourself in the shins or on the head. If it’s not bleeding it doesn’t count. Now rub some dirt in it.

Now you are ready to begin. Go back to game. You must go to the bathroom near the tractor so make sure you have a coffee can nearby.

I’ll be back at noon and 6 o’clock with a cold meal that was originally warm. Don’t break that plastic fork or you’ll be eating with those filthy hands.
Happy farming.
I play on Xbox 1 in Michigan
Cad_dao

Post by Cad_dao »

MarkDeere205 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:32 pm Reading this forum makes me smile.

Turn your game off. Go outside and find some dirt. Rub liberally onto both hands and a little on your face. Now go in to the garage and find some oil and diesel. (Gas will work but is not as realistic.) Rub liberally onto both hands and a little onto your face. Now rub hands in jeans and shirt. Do NOT wash your hands.

Now get a big wrench and hit yourself in the shins or on the head. If it’s not bleeding it doesn’t count. Now rub some dirt in it.

Now you are ready to begin. Go back to game. You must go to the bathroom near the tractor so make sure you have a coffee can nearby.
I’ll be back at noon and 6 o’clock with a cold meal that was originally warm. Don’t break that plastic fork or you’ll be eating with those filthy hands.
Happy farming.
:lol: :hi: It just put me a smile on the face remembering on field repairs! Those are so funny ... or really not so much ... late at night when everything is closed and you need the job done, have almost everything at hand to do it except that little ... part. Really immersive puzzle fitting! :wink: *thumbsup*
FS 17 & 19 on XBOX one
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

b101uk wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 6:49 pm
that said I would take a PC/Mac iteration of FS every 4 years that was much more heavily simulation orientated supported by DLC's between major iterations, so the odd number biyearly iterations of FS could stay for the consoles market and the more casual PC/Mac markets, after all anything produced for the biyearly iterations of FS could be tuned for more simulation orientated PC/Mac iteration as DLC's, so they would still be making money, they could also use the more simulation orientated PC/Mac iteration as a bit of an op-in testing platform for gameplay elements to filter down to the biyearly iterations of FS.
*thumbsup*

I’d love for GIANTS to do what is done with the Euro and American Truck Simulator games, plus other games like that.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
Lostfarmer6474

Post by Lostfarmer6474 »

Cad_dao wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:25 pm
Lostfarmer6474 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:02 pm
Hi Lostfarmer6474,

Rain through roof was corrected with last patch on game maps. Any modded map where it isn't working have to be updated. I'm not quite sure if modded builings have to contain something more in the coding so they take it into account, on that point, I'm really not sure. If you still have the problem, I don't know what to answer you other than post a log if you're able to so someone can check it out.

Regards!
Nice. I did not play vanilla maps for long time. Good to hear. Only took 4 years after moders fixed it for FS 15. Lol. But I am happy it was done Thanks
Lostfarmer6474

Post by Lostfarmer6474 »

Noraf wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:13 pm Yes, in mods, not in the game itself, witch i ment. We got crop destruction in fs17 as a giants mod, now they have put it ingame as an option we can choose to have enabeled or not. Same for weeds, lime and plowing.

Thought the rain stopped on the roofs now? Have forgotten to check.

But i still wish they would go down the scs way...
FS 13 had crop desruction as vanilla. In main menu.
BlackThumb

Post by BlackThumb »

DRandi wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 7:05 pm The answer to “how much realism” is easy. It’s a “select difficulty level”.
There it is ^^, the answer in a nutshell to the realism/difficulty problem.

Doesn't however fix the actual problem that this is still only a 'tractor on rails' game and not any shape or form a simulation and Giant's still is spouting that this is a realistic simulation of farming.

Cheers :hi:
Aging disgracefully and taking nothing with me!!!!
BlackThumb

Post by BlackThumb »

MarkDeere205 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:32 pm Reading this forum makes me smile.

Happy farming.
Still laughing at this, and yes it did bring back a lot of memories.

Thanks for taking this to the lighter side.

Cheers :hi:
Aging disgracefully and taking nothing with me!!!!
Cad_dao

Post by Cad_dao »

Lostfarmer6474 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 3:19 am

Nice. I did not play vanilla maps for long time. Good to hear. Only took 4 years after moders fixed it for FS 15. Lol. But I am happy it was done Thanks
I neither play much with basegame maps. I use Ravenport as a test map for mods before using them on any other maps I play. At the moment, I mostly give a try at every mod map posted on modhub to see those that suit better the way I play and how I want to set a farm on. Waiting for season mod before trying to set a farm to play on because I've read it will be recommended to start fresh new on a map instead of adding it to a map that you actually play. Also, if it's like FS17, mods map might need to be updated to use the season mod. Kinda stuck playing that way right now on FS19, but it don't bother me much. I still go back at FS17 playing on my main map.

Regards!
FS 17 & 19 on XBOX one
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

I feel like the best way for giants to balance how people wanna play be it more arcade or simulation is toggle features for example fertilizer stages, required plowing, weeds, these are just examples of what we already have and I think this is a good approach for giants to take, I want them to add more realistic features but would fall on the side of I don’t want to be forced to repair every little piece of equipment if I don’t want to, I’ve changed enough disk gang bearings for one life