TOP 5 POLISH MAPS IN FS 19

Bartalos1
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:58 am

Re: TOP 5 POLISH MAPS IN FS 19

Post by Bartalos1 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:44 am

oolykee wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 11:00 pm
Metal Moss wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 3:47 pm
I like Starowieś, but when Rassvet came out I still use that save more. I'm really picky with maps, All land needs to be buyable and no fake trees, it just ruins it for me if I can drive through stuff or not able to build or edit terrain anywhere I want.
Exactly how I feel. You can fake it all you want but once I understand it's fake I'll just quit.

Hapened to me on Staropolska Wies and on Drumard Farm in 17'. Once the feeling is gonr it's gone. I will defo check Rassvet!! Seems like amazing map!!

Thanks M.M. :hi:
Staropolska Wies - then why did you put it into TOP5

Doc3d
Posts: 196
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:37 pm

Re: TOP 5 POLISH MAPS IN FS 19

Post by Doc3d » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:03 pm

Osina is also really good. Not sure if it’s polish, but it has that same east-central European feel to it. Devil is in the details :)

Lostfarmer6474
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:12 pm

Re: TOP 5 POLISH MAPS IN FS 19

Post by Lostfarmer6474 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:46 am

Updated Varvarovka and Rassvet on modhub us. Seasons ready.

Sir Ironoak
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:07 pm

Re: TOP 5 POLISH MAPS IN FS 19

Post by Sir Ironoak » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:59 pm

Wonderful thread! =)

I love the polish maps too! I tend to run a few maps all with different "themes" on them. A huge american map with up to 8 ContractorMods hired hands and a lot of John Deere machinery! And smaller european maps, with "matching" machinery, one well suited for 4 in the staff, and then the small family farm with just 2 charachters on them. And the polish maps... I don't know, but they are truly beautiful and great fun to play!

Doc3d
Posts: 196
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:37 pm

Re: TOP 5 POLISH MAPS IN FS 19

Post by Doc3d » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:43 am

I think the grittiness -in lack of another word- sets them apart. They tend to be smaller scale, lots of details and a very realistic rustic feel to them. I find polish maps often are more believable. Stuff around a farm has to get a little messy and dirty, right? Most other maps have pristine buildings with absolutely no wear and tear, everything looks very new, and that’s not believable in my book and that’s my main reason for enjoying the well made polish maps.
I’ve tried to go with period correct equipment, but struggle to find quality mods for polish equipment. What they gain in great looking maps, they loose in equipment that look and work poorly.
So normally I ignore the location and go with general European equipment

george.earlslight
Posts: 503
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:45 am
Location: Europe

Re: TOP 5 POLISH MAPS IN FS 19

Post by george.earlslight » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:31 am

Doc3d wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:43 am
I’ve tried to go with period correct equipment, but struggle to find quality mods for polish equipment. What they gain in great looking maps, they loose in equipment that look and work poorly.
So normally I ignore the location and go with general European equipment
You can find many Zetor, Ursus and Fortschritt equipment to get that eastern block feeling.
I also try to make mental categories of USA, modern EU and East Block equipment depending on the map.

Doc3d
Posts: 196
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:37 pm

Re: TOP 5 POLISH MAPS IN FS 19

Post by Doc3d » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:09 am

Sure there are ALOT of Eastern Europe mods out there, what I meant is that more often than not they are buggy, no dirtmaps, lights don’t work (or lights without any actual physical light present) or blinkers not working, ultra low-res textures etc etc. I’ve found few that don’t have any issues so I tend to go with what I know works like it should :)

blue_painted
Posts: 389
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:50 pm
Location: UK

Re: TOP 5 POLISH MAPS IN FS 19

Post by blue_painted » Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:13 am

I'm playing Lipinki - it was a close run thing with Starowieś, and in the end it was the field layout in Lipinki that made it for me. I'm playing mostly with kit from the Polish Pack from the Mod contest, but with a few other Eastern bloc machines. I play POlish because it gives me the small fields and the small equipment, much more interesting to me.

Does anyone know if there is likely to be an update for Seasons?
Playing £300 PC with a £95 graphics card, £15 XBox controller and £65 SSD ... (and sometimes £200 laptop)

Bartalos1
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:58 am

Re: TOP 5 POLISH MAPS IN FS 19

Post by Bartalos1 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:21 am

Doc3d wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:43 am
I think the grittiness -in lack of another word- sets them apart. They tend to be smaller scale, lots of details and a very realistic rustic feel to them. I find polish maps often are more believable. Stuff around a farm has to get a little messy and dirty, right? Most other maps have pristine buildings with absolutely no wear and tear, everything looks very new, and that’s not believable in my book and that’s my main reason for enjoying the well made polish maps.
I’ve tried to go with period correct equipment, but struggle to find quality mods for polish equipment. What they gain in great looking maps, they loose in equipment that look and work poorly.
So normally I ignore the location and go with general European equipment
We, in central europe, also have modern equipment, not only old zetor-s

I also think such maps are more believable and IMO its also because they arent so uniform
But only because we are used to that kind of environment in EU.

I bet our fellow farmers from America have the opposite view

Doc3d
Posts: 196
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:37 pm

Re: TOP 5 POLISH MAPS IN FS 19

Post by Doc3d » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:06 am

Bartalos1 wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:21 am
Doc3d wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:43 am
I think the grittiness -in lack of another word- sets them apart. They tend to be smaller scale, lots of details and a very realistic rustic feel to them. I find polish maps often are more believable. Stuff around a farm has to get a little messy and dirty, right? Most other maps have pristine buildings with absolutely no wear and tear, everything looks very new, and that’s not believable in my book and that’s my main reason for enjoying the well made polish maps.
I’ve tried to go with period correct equipment, but struggle to find quality mods for polish equipment. What they gain in great looking maps, they loose in equipment that look and work poorly.
So normally I ignore the location and go with general European equipment
We, in central europe, also have modern equipment, not only old zetor-s

I also think such maps are more believable and IMO its also because they arent so uniform
But only because we are used to that kind of environment in EU.

I bet our fellow farmers from America have the opposite view
Of course you are right, and I know that. I didn’t mean to imply different. Still, it’s a shame we don’t have more quality in the mods that fit these maps. I always have a eastern eu map that I play as well as a British one. The typical US maps we have do not appeal to me at all. I don’t mind the large open fields, it’s the lack of detail and cartoonish feel in most that I don’t like. BB’s Lone Oak is about to be converted, so I will get my US map eventually :)

Maikello
Posts: 379
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 12:43 pm

Re: TOP 5 POLISH MAPS IN FS 19

Post by Maikello » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:04 pm

Goliszew v2.0
Link in video description

Image

Bartalos1
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:58 am

Re: TOP 5 POLISH MAPS IN FS 19

Post by Bartalos1 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:53 pm

This map is just wow. Amazing animal pen models !!! Wonder what will Mr. Klein say about it in his map impression video.

Doc3d
Posts: 196
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:37 pm

Re: TOP 5 POLISH MAPS IN FS 19

Post by Doc3d » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:27 am

Maikello wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:04 pm
Goliszew v2.0
Link in video description

Image
The map itself Looks interesting.
Unfortunately, it looks like the seasons-mask is a real hack-job and poorly executed. None of the sheds have the proper mask and there is snow in every building I checked except maybe the animal pens.
I might update the mask myself to work properly, but I have problems understanding why this was uploaded at all, it’s clearly not done properly, so why do it at all if your just going to rush it out without actually applying the mask where it’s surposed to be? Stuff like that just irks me, so I put it in my “maybe later” folder for now.

Bartalos1
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:58 am

Re: TOP 5 POLISH MAPS IN FS 19

Post by Bartalos1 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:25 am

Doc3d wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:27 am
Maikello wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:04 pm
Goliszew v2.0
Link in video description

Image
The map itself Looks interesting.
Unfortunately, it looks like the seasons-mask is a real hack-job and poorly executed. None of the sheds have the proper mask and there is snow in every building I checked except maybe the animal pens.
I might update the mask myself to work properly, but I have problems understanding why this was uploaded at all, it’s clearly not done properly, so why do it at all if your just going to rush it out without actually applying the mask where it’s surposed to be? Stuff like that just irks me, so I put it in my “maybe later” folder for now.
oh boy, wish i knew this. already invested couple of hours in it.

Doc3d
Posts: 196
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:37 pm

Re: TOP 5 POLISH MAPS IN FS 19

Post by Doc3d » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:36 pm

It’s still playable, I guess. I just think it’s lazy of the uploader and don’t want to encourage it. Either I make my own custom mask when I feel like playing it, or I’ll just wait until they can do the job properly. Right now I’m busy anyway, starting a season play on Holzer, which does have a mask that works. Hopefully I can keep myself on that for a while, I tend to do the whole startup, then switch to a new map :P

Post Reply