FS19 Reality Challenge

Tylercheesey1986

Re: FS19 Reality Challenge

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

Might be able to do this through the FScommunity trader. Lots of roleplay ideas come to life there
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

FarmerDan72 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:59 am This sounds like a cool idea. When you say create a few farms, does that mean you can place multiple farmhouses in multiplayer?
I actually haven't ever done it so I don't know if you can place multiple farm houses. This was just an idea I had.
FarmerDan72

Post by FarmerDan72 »

SimpleFarmer wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:25 pm
FarmerDan72 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:59 am This sounds like a cool idea. When you say create a few farms, does that mean you can place multiple farmhouses in multiplayer?
I actually haven't ever done it so I don't know if you can place multiple farm houses. This was just an idea I had.
I tried it yesterday, and you can. *thumbsup*
PS4
Kamiko

Post by Kamiko »

TZ441 wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 4:56 pm As someone that has lived on a farm my whole life, i got some feedback on realism for ya.
1: The 500k loan is a bit iffy. IRL i would maybe think about changing that rule where u can ounly take out a loan for either a piece of equiment (max 500k) or land (Max 1 million) and a time not both together so your loan never exceed 1 mil. Land is really expesive in alot of high quality farming areas so that makes sense.
2: The animals delivered, IRL yoy would be surprised how many ranchers do not hayl their own cattle. Alot that i know personnally dont have Cattle pots to haul so they have to have them shipped. just food for thought there cause having them shipped is not uncommon.
3: This is what i personally do to simulate the ups and downs of an economy. Easy economy=1 Normal=2 Hard =3. take a random number generator and have it pick a number 1-3 for ya then stay on that economy for one crop rotation and repeat.
4: Another thing ive done for realism is set a tractor limit to 3 maybe 2 if u want a real challenge. Ussally farms have 2 to 3 main tractors that get used very heavily not often do u see farmers with 4 or more heavily used tractors unluss that have a 10 thousand acre plus operation.
5: u could aslo make it challenginy by not harvesting at night. Alot of the time the dew makes the croo to wet to go thru the combine effetintly so most farmers call it once its been dark for a hour or longer.
Thats about all i could think of right now hope these ideas helped ya out some!

ok, I'm noting all that down...

Hope to find more tips like that from real life farmers *thumbsup*
Ravenport - 152 hours (platinum trophy)
Bajeczna - 17 hours
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

That all depends on your area and the size of your operation. If you have more equity you can take a bigger loan. If you are newly starting out you will need to take a big loan to buy land and equipment and the bank or loan agency would understand that. You also will have a loan called an operating loan to help pay for expenses throughout the year when an income isn't coming readily in. The tractor limit seems funny to me. I have 6 tractors, a combine, and a skid loader in under 2000 acre operation but have uses for everything.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Kamiko

Post by Kamiko »

2-3 tractors seems very appropriate to my area and the limit adds more "management" to the game, IMHO

I really like the idea of randomly changing economic difficulty.
Ravenport - 152 hours (platinum trophy)
Bajeczna - 17 hours
TZ441

Post by TZ441 »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:06 pm That all depends on your area and the size of your operation. If you have more equity you can take a bigger loan. If you are newly starting out you will need to take a big loan to buy land and equipment and the bank or loan agency would understand that. You also will have a loan called an operating loan to help pay for expenses throughout the year when an income isn't coming readily in. The tractor limit seems funny to me. I have 6 tractors, a combine, and a skid loader in under 2000 acre operation but have uses for everything.
Yeah looking back on that, by tractor limit i meant more by horsepower numbers, you may have 6 tractors but i bet not all 6 of them are 400 plus horse. Tractor limit i meant more as a thing cause people seem to enjoy buying a tractor for every implement, like all IRL farmers dream of so they never have to unhook stuff 😂 Anyways it was meant as a way to keep the game challenging is all.
FS15, FS17, FS19 all on Xbox.
FS19 on PC
4th Generation Cattle rancher in South Dakota.
FarmerDan72

Post by FarmerDan72 »

SimpleFarmer wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:24 am
I tried it last night and there is one issue: you can't transfer money between farms. Yes you could do the whole cheat in where you need it to go and out where you spend it, but I think that would be time consuming and annoying - unless you did it once/year or something. I'm not really sure how to figure this out, maybe someone else on here would know.

How you would set it up is as simple as starting a new multiplayer savegame and setting a password so noone else would join. Then create a few farms for the different facilities you would start, and name them accordingly. Yo ucould switch between the farms and do whatever it is that they were for.

I think I would have as many types as I was interested in doing, but not having any one do more than I thought realistic. Examples might be Dairy, beef, combine-type harvesting, root crops, and logging. There's no farm that would do all of these, but as a player you still would like to do them and still be as realistic as possible.
If anybody's interested in this idea, in FS22 you can transfer money between farms, and allow contractor status to each farm you create. Pretty cool addition.
PS4