Tyrolean Alps
1%
Giants Island 09 Map
2%

Total votes: 140

EJgaming

Best maps on modhub

Post by EJgaming »

Just wonder what maps you think is the best maps for FS19 available on modhub?

You can pick up to three, and you can change your vote.

Feel free to praise the modders, or post your picks with or without reasons.
Last edited by EJgaming on Tue May 07, 2019 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PC
Norway
Old-an-Slow

Re: Best maps on modhub

Post by Old-an-Slow »

Not sure how I missed Woodshire on 17 but glad it was brought over. Has the right kind of feel and good atmosphere that I like in a map. Only spent one hour or so yesterday setting starting equipment but it was love at first sight :). Starting on New Farmer mode and really like how the farms/animal pens are set up in the map. Almost didn't recognize the in game horse paddock incorporated into the landscape so well (map makers you guys rock). New Woodshire highly recommended.
Farming on PS5
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I'm on console so I don't have all the maps;

1. Marwell is easily the best. No questions asked. It's a real place scaled to real life. And the thing I appreciate the most are the trees. Every other map does not render trees at a far distance. Somehow Oxy made it happen on console. He made changes to the lighting to make it not so drastic. His cultivated field textures are really nice. And his file size is also quite low compared to other maps which helps on the slot limit.

2. Mill Landscape Midland. I quite enjoy the field sizes of this map. Low slot count is a big bonus. The default dairy barn is the nicest of all maps and mods we have so far. I like the canal in the middle as well as the barges that navigate the channel. This is a really nice map for the nice smaller mods we have on the ModHub. It's a good map to use the 1660 CaseIH harvester and AAA modding mods, as well as Puma's Duetz Fahr tractors.

3. Grizzly Mountain gets third right now. And depending on time and what mods (building and equipment) we get, this could move up the list. The map is huge and uses hardly any slots. The idea that you make your farm from literally nothing, including no fields is what this game was marketed as. Sim Farmer has some really nice YouTube time lapse videos of it.

I want to honerably mention Mercury Farms here. I think Alien Jim is a really cool modder. How he interacts with the community and all the cool extra things he does with maps is amazing. He incorporates things that nobody else does and makes his maps fun. I enjoy watching people play his maps, I just never have started a game save with one.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
dapals51

Post by dapals51 »

I think the biggest challenge is that there are not any USA maps other than Ravenport, through mod hub yet. Which is why I have to say that is my favorite, I want Midwest, USA building and terrain. The other maps have great detail in them; however, they just are not for me personally. Just being patient
XBOX one player
Farmer in the midwest USA

MOD HUB OR DIE!!
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

dapals51 wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 8:54 am I think the biggest challenge is that there are not any USA maps other than Ravenport, through mod hub yet. Which is why I have to say that is my favorite, I want Midwest, USA building and terrain. The other maps have great detail in them; however, they just are not for me personally. Just being patient
New Woodshire ???
dapals51

Post by dapals51 »

norfolk farmer wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 10:13 am
dapals51 wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 8:54 am I think the biggest challenge is that there are not any USA maps other than Ravenport, through mod hub yet. Which is why I have to say that is my favorite, I want Midwest, USA building and terrain. The other maps have great detail in them; however, they just are not for me personally. Just being patient
New Woodshire ???
Yes it’s an American map, it not what I would call a Traditional Midwest map, just my personal preference
XBOX one player

MOD HUB OR DIE!!
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

norfolk farmer wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 10:13 am
New Woodshire ???
Just my opinion here, but maps like Ravenport and New Woodshire don't scream USA to me. Lone Oak and South Mountain Creamery felt US because they were based on a real place. New Woodshire is good and parts of it make me think this could be US, but I just don't know. I have been tempted to play it, but after looking around I go back to my Marwell game save.

dapals51

Post by dapals51 »

/ Just my opinion here, but maps like Ravenport and New Woodshire don't scream USA to me. Lone Oak and South Mountain Creamery felt US because they were based on a real place. New Woodshire is good and parts of it make me think this could be US, but I just don't know. I have been tempted to play it, but after looking around I go back to my Marwell game save.
[/quote]

I agree completely! I would include Oregon Springs, and Welker to that. Big fields with US style building. Loved the Morton buildings on Oregon Springs. Log most of my hours on 17 on there
XBOX one player

MOD HUB OR DIE!!
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I just want to add, that I mean no disrespect towards the modder of New Woodshire. I think the New Woodshire is a nice map, it just isn't my cup of tea, which judging by the poll, a lot of people fancy this map.

cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

The best of the maps released by Giants right now is easily Estancia Lapacho, even if it's not without it's issues and needs player to open it up in the editor and fix some stuff they still refuse to fix. It's certainly better then Ravenport or Felsbrunn that shipped with the game, Giants should be ashamed of themselves for those. The HORSCH AgroVation map I've only played on twice so far in Multiplayer, it's got some nice sized fields and stuff, however it's also got some quite big errors and some funky stuff on it which is surprising of a Giants Software map, because I'm sure they would have failed a 3rd Party Mod Author submitting a map that has missing sale points, floating trees, inconsistent textures and random collision on pylons and poles.

The other non-Giants maps I honestly haven't played myself. I have watched enough YouTubers and Twitch Streamers playing on the usual culprits that I'm pretty much exhausted on those maps now without having fired one up myself. I have however enjoyed a lot of hours so for on some Non-ModHub Mods. I really enjoyed a series I did on The Old Family Farm for 2019 by the guys over on GNG Modding, and am really enjoying playing on the Fenton Forest Map by Stevie currently. Those two maps managed to capture my eye and my imagination in a way that none of the ModHub Maps released so far have managed to.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

The Horsh Agrovation map isn’t made by Giants.

Giants only did the mod pack of vehicles/implements.
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

Ravenport and Felsbrunn on the modhub?
iB055

Post by iB055 »

None of the above.

For me personally I have yet to find a map that I would consider as best because we have yet to see a REAL American map on the modhub.

Definition of real to me is something I am familiar with and see around my neck of the woods.
FS22 / PC & PS4 Pro
EJgaming

Post by EJgaming »

Oops, ok, that didn't go very well. Sorry. Thought it was possible to add to the voting list, but it deleted all votes. :blushnew: :sadnew: *thumbsdown* So ppl would have to vote again.
PC
Norway
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

I'd vote for the Giants Island 09 Map released in February rather then the one that released today. Between the two I'm not a fan of the Minecraft looking one that came out today. Also is this the first time we've had two versions on the same map released for a game?
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*