Do you have M.O.S?

chedly_farms

Do you have M.O.S?

Post by chedly_farms »

So I just came back from the doctors. Turns out that I have Mod Overload Syndrome. He says it's a fairly common disease for people that play Farming Simulator19. Most people get it from so many really awesome mods coming through the ModHub. He says he had to treat 5 patients last week after that little Duetz Fahr with the huge tires was put on the ModHub.

The doctors think it was the MAN truck that gave it to me. Although that Hardi sprayer may have passed it onto me as well.

Symptoms are the desire and urge to play FS19, more than you have a desire to eat, work at your job, or talk to people. Other symptoms are daydreaming about how cool it will be to use the mods on your E-farm. And as of right now there is only one treatment. To download the mods and to play the game.

The sufferers of this dreaded disease will find themselves hitting refresh on the mod update list a lot. And the also find themselves hoping to see the name "Oakfield Farm" on the ModHub. I just hope this little PSA may help you from "catching" this truly horrible disease.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
W1der

Re: Do you have M.O.S?

Post by W1der »

... :lol:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
wombles

Post by wombles »

chedly_farms wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 4:09 pm So I just came back from the doctors. Turns out that I have Mod Overload Syndrome. He says it's a fairly common disease for people that play Farming Simulator19. Most people get it from so many really awesome mods coming through the ModHub. He says he had to treat 5 patients last week after that little Duetz Fahr with the huge tires was put on the ModHub.

The doctors think it was the MAN truck that gave it to me. Although that Hardi sprayer may have passed it onto me as well.

Symptoms are the desire and urge to play FS19, more than you have a desire to eat, work at your job, or talk to people. Other symptoms are daydreaming about how cool it will be to use the mods on your E-farm. And as of right now there is only one treatment. To download the mods and to play the game.

The sufferers of this dreaded disease will find themselves hitting refresh on the mod update list a lot. And the also find themselves hoping to see the name "Oakfield Farm" on the ModHub. I just hope this little PSA may help you from "catching" this truly horrible disease.
*thumbsup* :lol:
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

That's not as bad as mod derangement syndrome..it's the inability to enjoy the current mods, because you always want and need more. It's becoming more and more pervasive.
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

S.C.S (Slot Confusion Syndrome) is another concern. Thus far it has successfully been contained within the console community.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

thumbwiz wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 6:48 pm
How about elitist superiority complex? It's a mental disorder contained within a small segment of PC gamers.
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
Stopdad1

Post by Stopdad1 »

Ok, diagnosed now the question is.... is it curable? If it is do you want to be cured? Lol it may get worse before it gets better.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

I've had M.O.S since the game released and long before the ModHub started negatively impacting on the condition and making my symptoms much worse. It has gotten even worse since I recently discovered and contracted the Mod Folder Manager virus. Before my M.O.S was manageable with one folder of nearly 13GB. Now because of this my M.O.S has mutated and grown into a 9 Folder case totalling now 38GB. It continues to grow more and more each day with each new Map that arrives. Giants are trying to help sufferers like me by constantly rejecting the maps submitted to them, but they still find their way back and through to me.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

^ :coolnew: :mrgreen:
Luckily scs shouldn't be a problem for me. Got a light touch of mos thoug.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Chaki
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Post by Chaki »

"Hi, my name is Chris, and i have MOS."
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

Welcome Chris, very good of you to be here. Acknowledging is always the first step.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

I have mod withdrawl syndrome it is a serious and very worrying condition, it has been diagnosed from going cold turkey when I started 19 without seasons. We can but hope a cure is found soon :mrgreen:

I am currently self medicating back on 17 *thumbsup*
Farmer Foley

Post by Farmer Foley »

Oh no..Ive Just been diagnosed with M.O.S.. but the Doc says its not contagious unless i have contact with FS players who might pass it on..but as long as i check the Modhub as and when I feel it coming on he says its something that I will have to live with until a cure is found..hopefully in something called Mapsandseasons which is still in testing but they hope will be available to the general public soon.
You keep a Troshin :hi:
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

So far I've made it 24 hours after being diagnosed. It's going to be a daily struggle.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
fozbot1973

Post by fozbot1973 »

I'm currently fighting the early stages by a rigorous regimen of mod culling. I had installed a vast number of the mods on modhub, despite only using a relatively small number of them (it's all about options, As Mr SealyP would say). I've been going through the installed list and removing a lot of them, leaving the ones I actually intend to use or try out. I still have lots but I'll cut it back further over time.