Trees be gone!

Fade2black

Trees be gone!

Post by Fade2black »

What I wouldn’t give for one of our fantastic mod makers to come up with this. Just a point, shoot and delete idea to allow us to join fields quicker.
I know it’s probably not possible but I would pay for it in a minute. Don’t get me wrong I only like to remove the trees if they are in the way as trees add character to any map.
Personally I’m not a fan of logging at all but I know many players love it so it would be good to have the option.
This may be possible already on pc so forgive me if it is but to have it on console would be a game changer for me.
It may be just a dream but there are some clever people around.
norfolk farmer

Re: Trees be gone!

Post by norfolk farmer »

Have a look at the update review done by Mr SealyP about Mercury farms as I believe what you are wanting is now part of that map.
Fade2black

Post by Fade2black »

Not sure if it does trees but hedges and fences can be removed which is great.
I like bigger fields but as I said before I’m never going to delete everything as I love trees as long as they’re in the right place. Lol
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

Totally support this! There were fields on Old Stream on 17 I wanted to join but they had those really time consuming trees between them which was infuriating and I never got it done. Later on, playing Woodshire and having the BSM grinder I found you could grind trees out completely rather than go through the hassle of logging/chipping them. If they wanted to keep some realism you could be made to pay a tree surgeon charge - I wouldn't mind that.

If a mod created for this could delete those trees that are half-buried in the ground on some mod maps even better!
Fade2black

Post by Fade2black »

Like the tree surgeon idea. I’m just lazy with logging and find it a real chore but many players love it so each to their own.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Alternatively it could be an option in the in game terraforming. I don’t think I would like all trees to go but some are just a pain to get rid of so being able to do it selectively would be good, even if there was a cost involved.
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

norfolk farmer wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 12:50 pm Have a look at the update review done by Mr SealyP about Mercury farms as I believe what you are wanting is now part of that map.
It's a cool Feature, but I won't use it (after trying it once). I like hedges and fences at most Points on the map. I would use it, if I can choose which hedge will be removed. But that would be too much to request so I cut them down one by one if nessessary...

BUT: I really would like to see the rabaud xylor reintroduced to the FS mod section as those big trees are still a pain to remove - even with the mulcher.
PS4 und PC
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

The Xylor stump grinder was the first mod that black sheep modding were working on for 19 but it seems to have disappeared from their WIP list. Maybe there were issues with getting it to work as it did in 17 given the changes to the way trees are cut and delimbed now?
Fade2black

Post by Fade2black »

Agreed the xylor was a great mod. Would love to have it back again.
However in my haste to make fields as I want them being able to delete trees would be awesome 😎
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

The mulcher can be used to easily remove the fence posts. Not as quick as the xylor but once you get going it’s quite effective
Fade2black

Post by Fade2black »

Yes, I’ve used the mulcher on PGR but still had a lot of chainsaw work for the larger trees.
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

A tree killer feature in the landscaping page would be great, even if just to get rid of the trees that require cutting into about 30 bits to get rid of them.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
Fade2black

Post by Fade2black »

gordon861 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 7:08 pm A tree killer feature in the landscaping page would be great, even if just to get rid of the trees that require cutting into about 30 bits to get rid of them.
My thoughts exactly 👍
Moses195

Post by Moses195 »

BUT: I really would like to see the rabaud xylor reintroduced to the FS mod section as those big trees are still a pain to remove - even with the mulcher.

GOD I miss that thing!!!
Rico1978

Post by Rico1978 »

there is a tool that takes the whole tree and turns it into woodchips instantly if you google : bruks all in one youl find it on many sites , its a fast way of removing trees and also makes some income