The Old Farm Countryside by Shaba FS

Megusxlr

Re: The Old Farm Countryside by Shaba FS

Post by Megusxlr »

ShabaFS wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:00 am
Megusxlr wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:07 pm Hello, Shaba I was just wondering if the console update has failed testing and if so for what reason? This is my favorite mod map by far and I cant wait to grow the new crops.
Unfortunately it failed due to tabulation spaces in the description and an error in a texture. Although I sent it again this afternoon with this corrected, it's time to wait a few more days
Ah, well thanks for the response and thankyou for your hard work. *thumbsup*
gingeredscot73

Post by gingeredscot73 »

Looking forward to trying sorghum, rye and millet on this map. Thank you Shaba FS.
Eische

Post by Eische »

On the weekend I started a new save on it...I'm flashed! That map is awesome! Thanks you Shaba for that brilliant map. *thumbsup*
The fields have the perfect size to start with small equipment, but can easily be joined later on, if you (want to) switch to larger machines.

For long time I had not really taken a closer look to that map. Usually I first look at the PDA picture showing me the basic outline of the map/fields, ... And this map was not really appealing to me. I was sooo wrong.
- open area, slightly hilly landscape
- fields easy to join, perfect starting size
- lots of selling stations
- starting farm yard well structured

Usually I don't like maps with preset farms, but this one is made really nice. I like the buildings (each one has a function) and their placement. The farm yard is not to chaotic, but also not too simple. It's just right.
If you pay attention, you will find small details everywhere on the map. Even if it just a dirt decal on the ground. Awesome work and I can't imagine how much work was going into this map.
With the shop and some selling stations having opening hours, you really need to plan ahead. Getting new equipment in field at 10pm...nope, sorry. That's another nice detail I love. *thumbsup*

Nevertheless I did some adjustments to the map. The main farm had to much litter/stuff lying around. I don't like that. It does not have to be perfectly clean, but too much is too much. I growed up on a farm and an overflowing trashcan would have been a no go.
Only thing I was disappointed about was the bales lying around not being usable. I was excited to see the hand/grab symbol near those bales, but I could not pick them up with bale fork. But ok, I deleted those and placed real ones in game to keep the looks :mrgreen:
I deleted both the farm silo and the fertilizer silo as i play without farm silo and do not use artificial fertilizers. And as you can't sell them individually, I needed to do it to keep the correct atmosphere on my farm.

TLDR; Shaba, awesome work. I will dump many many hours on that map. *thumbsup* Thank you really much for this awesome work!
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
239amg

Post by 239amg »

Agreed! On any good map you are really limited to what you can own. Welker, Maynor, Oakfield, Old farm all maps I love but my slot count is always red... especially I’m one who likes to add some trees to their map.
Megusxlr

Post by Megusxlr »

Please tell me the console update didn't fail again. I was hoping it would pass before the weekend. :frown:
ShabaFS

Post by ShabaFS »

Megusxlr wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:09 pm Please tell me the console update didn't fail again. I was hoping it would pass before the weekend. :frown:
Unfortunately it failed again. It is annoying that after correcting the errors of the previous revision, they take out new ones in this. I wonder why they didn't get it in the previous review? It is not the first time that happens to me and it makes me angry.

Sorry for the players who are waiting for the update.
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

It looks to me that this is a "by step" validation.

As soon as a step fail, it won't go the the next one. It may explain why.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
Angryfarmer

Post by Angryfarmer »

Just wanna say nice job on the map. Ive probly started over 4 or 5 times now on this map. Sometimes cause of updates sometimes to try ideas i had. This has been my go to map. Depending on what buildings i use for placeables it can have an american feel to it or european. This is really the ONLY map on fs19 i have really enjoyed for any period of time. So thanks again for a great map and the additional fruits
ShabaFS

Post by ShabaFS »

Miketeg wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:02 pm It looks to me that this is a "by step" validation.

As soon as a step fail, it won't go the the next one. It may explain why.

It does not have to be this way. The errors they give me now are not things of the update, they are supposed to have been since the first version. Although they are unimportant things, but hey, go ahead with them.
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

Don't give up bud, your map is a piece of art and I really like to play it :)
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

I really enjoy your map, played the first version for many hours. Now I'm holding off on this map until update releases then I'm going to start over and play on hardest settings
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
OlD MrD

Post by OlD MrD »

Keep up the good work ShabaFS,
This is truly one of the great maps for FS19.

Playing in start from scratch the map gives so many places to build your farm.
You can basically choose your view.
The map works very well with the new terrain tools & placables.
A big thumbs up on your continued efforts.
Farming Simulator 15/17/19/22 on SeriesX & PC
Current tractor : Case IH 1455 XL
Current Map : Old Stream Farm
Megusxlr

Post by Megusxlr »

Hey, was wondering if Shaba (or any pc player) had any pictures of the new crops being grown or harvested. Something to dream of for us console players until the map passes. :sadnew: Also when the update fails and is resubmitted does it go to the back of the line each time? I feel that an update should be given a bit higher priority.
Lygge

Post by Lygge »

Angryfarmer wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:18 pm Just wanna say nice job on the map. Ive probly started over 4 or 5 times now on this map. Sometimes cause of updates sometimes to try ideas i had. This has been my go to map. Depending on what buildings i use for placeables it can have an american feel to it or european. This is really the ONLY map on fs19 i have really enjoyed for any period of time. So thanks again for a great map and the additional fruits
Yes, I have enjoyed for this map lot of too. A little I hope that the road works would be completed. My farm is there regions of the roadworks and it kind a bumps into them all the time. If the play would to gave a chance to repair the roads.

It´s a very beautiful map, very homely, almost fabulous.
Playing at PC via Origin
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

Nice job, thank you ShabaFs.
I have been waiting for this update to restart my farm.
I was able to keep farmyard and modify a little to fit some more silos. Really loving the 3 new crops, all growth states look great!!
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420