The Old Farm Countryside by Shaba FS

ShabaFS

Re: The Old Farm Countryside by Shaba FS

Post by ShabaFS »

JL_VERCETTI wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:09 am Hello Shaba I was wondering if there's a way to make the gates stay open longer, I've been trying to get the 20' logging trailer mod into the sawmill but the gate closes and hits the trailer and everything goes to 💩, please help love the map btw thanks
Hello good afternoon. If you are a PC player, you can modify the schedules from the animatedObjects.xml file that is inside the map.
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

Or if on console, try the wheelbarrow mod, park it to one side in the gateway and it stays open
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
JL_VERCETTI

Post by JL_VERCETTI »

I don't know how to explain shaba but here goes nothing: the trailer is the 20m not 20' so its very long when the tractor I'm using to pull it goes a certain distance the gate automatically closes and hits the trailer and sends it into the air and gets stuck with the gate I'm wondering if it has like a triggered radius that I can modify so the gate stays up longer, I've modify the XML file before and was able to change the store hours but didn't seen sawmill gate on that document
JL_VERCETTI

Post by JL_VERCETTI »

I forgot to mention that I'm playing on PC but for some reason I can't modify the animated objects xml file anymore cause I was trying to change store hours again I don't know what I'm doing wrong
JL_VERCETTI

Post by JL_VERCETTI »

I opened the animated objects xml file and from the top is bag gate, animal gate,shop gate,spinney gate,cooperative gate,agrolan gate, lacteos gate, elevador gate,grain gate,grain gate02, and light switch can't find sawmill gate 😣 , its kind of sad that I probably can't use that particular trailer I guess if I can't modify the file I have to find another way to transport the logs but it's gonna take more trips 😓
JL_VERCETTI

Post by JL_VERCETTI »

Dang it, its bga gate not bag, and spinnery gate not spinney damn autocorrect
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

Did you try parking the wheelbarrow there??
I had same issue on another map with a boom gate closing on my trailer.
It is a super simple solution. Find the wheelbarrow mod on the official Giants Modhub here

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... er=console
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
JL_VERCETTI

Post by JL_VERCETTI »

Will do thanks for your help
JL_VERCETTI

Post by JL_VERCETTI »

I haven't had the time to try the wheel Barrow solution but I've been thinking about my problem and won't give up the map cause I have invested quite a few hours setting up a farm, so if the gate opens up when a vehicle is near to it would stay up if I park a truck next to it instead of the wheel Barrow cause there's comments saying that increases animal upkeep and I don't want to create more work than what it is already
ShabaFS

Post by ShabaFS »

JL_VERCETTI wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:13 pm I haven't had the time to try the wheel Barrow solution but I've been thinking about my problem and won't give up the map cause I have invested quite a few hours setting up a farm, so if the gate opens up when a vehicle is near to it would stay up if I park a truck next to it instead of the wheel Barrow cause there's comments saying that increases animal upkeep and I don't want to create more work than what it is already
I think the best option, if you know how to use Giants Editor, is to remove the barrier to the Carpentry and everything will be easier. Greetings!
Boost_GLR

Post by Boost_GLR »

Just wanted to pop into this old thread to say this map is becoming one of my top favorites. With my first year coming to an end, I've had some ups and downs but enjoying it. Really like the addition of the other crops.

Harvested some rice, sorghum, and rye. I bought some sheep and cattle for some meat. Although the first 15 sheep I bought, it was late in the day. I forgot shops open and close at specific times and the truck and trailer was locked in overnight. I thought I sold the sheep back but apparently did not hit confirm. All 15 died by morning. Lol.

I also planned to just run a small farm. Needless to say I have now merged fields and bought bigger equipment. Now just trying to figure out what I want plant next.

All in all, great map.👍
FS22 on Xbox Series X. But play the older titles on PC.
Tomgbombt

Post by Tomgbombt »

Hopefully this gets answered. I want to plant a tree field and its said I had too many trees already. I cut down close to 50 already but no dice still wont let me use the planter to plant saplings:(
Ravenblade86

Post by Ravenblade86 »

Tomgbombt wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:18 pm Hopefully this gets answered. I want to plant a tree field and its said I had too many trees already. I cut down close to 50 already but no dice still wont let me use the planter to plant saplings:(
I'm sure Shaba or another modder might be able to answer it better, but I believe for some reason the tree planter has a limit on the number of trees that can be planted on a map that is lower than the number of trees of a modder can place on the map. It might have been Catalyzer Gaming I saw posting that the tree planter had a limit of something like 15,000 trees but he was able to place more than twice that many on some of his maps?
sittinhere

Post by sittinhere »

What GEO works best for this map?
ShabaFS

Post by ShabaFS »

sittinhere wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:40 pm What GEO works best for this map?
Geo Spain