The Old Farm Countryside by Shaba FS

RODHA

The Old Farm Countryside by Shaba FS

Post by RODHA »

This map caught me by surprise and it is amazing *thumbsup*

So many details and so many clever adjustments on it.
I recognise a lot of the buildings from the base game inventory but they are somehow mixed and matched up in way that they feel different and new.

The only down side for consoles is the available slot count. You start with 966 used out of 1299 in new farmer and that doesn't really give you too much of a play ground. I'm struggling with that very same issue on Marwell Manor and The Old Stream at the moment.

I hope I can find a way around that problem to be able to play on this map for an extended period of time.

Thank you Shaba FS :hi: Great work indeed *thumbsup*
PS5 / FS22
BigC92

Re: The Old Farm Countryside by Shaba FS

Post by BigC92 »

How big do you make your fleet RODHA?
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

I didn't do anything. That number is just what it is with the starting equipment.
PS5 / FS22
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

Giants and modders need to work out a way to overcome this starting slot count issue. I don't know much about tech but surely there must be a way to build maps that don't use up any slots
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

Tylercheesey1986 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 8:34 am Giants and modders need to work out a way to overcome this starting slot count issue. I don't know much about tech but surely there must be a way to build maps that don't use up any slots
You must me joking? Maps that do not use any slots? Even a blank map use some slots.
There is a only solution for this. Wait for next generation console or buy PC.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

I dont worry about slots
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

This map is great! Thank you ShabaFS for your amazing effort!
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

IceUul wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 9:03 am
Tylercheesey1986 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 8:34 am Giants and modders need to work out a way to overcome this starting slot count issue. I don't know much about tech but surely there must be a way to build maps that don't use up any slots
You must me joking? Maps that do not use any slots? Even a blank map use some slots.
There is a only solution for this. Wait for next generation console or buy PC.
Please check Mercury Farms and Hagenstedt
It is doable but requires a lot of work.
So, keeping a map slot count low is not a technical issue that cannot be overcomed, it is simply too much work for a lot of modders.
Yes, of course the level of detail affects the feasibility of a probable solution but somewhere around 700 (used slot count) with the starting machinery is still possible even if the map is detailed.
Hence, it is definitely a problem that can be overcomed by both Giants and modders.
PS5 / FS22
Grey20

Post by Grey20 »

Yes very nice map, it is stated map is a beta version and subject to change.
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

Few trees cannot be cut down around the fields at the main farm but otherwise a nice map.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
Konnork98

Post by Konnork98 »

Giants island 09 is a pretty plain basic simple I suppose map but the plus side is you can start with around 100/1299 which I don’t know about you but that would quite the line up of equipment and buildings to use up the remaining 1199
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

RODHA wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 9:29 am Please check Mercury Farms and Hagenstedt
It is doable but requires a lot of work.
Hagenstadt isn’t a big map and has been around for the past few versions so was originally developed completely differently to a new map from scratch for 19.
To keep the slot count down isn’t just a matter of work, it’s a matter of making a lot of compromises in design choices. Given the majority of modders make maps that they would want to play and they play on PC they aren’t likely to want to make compromises just so the map can suit consoles.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

FarmerJimbob wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 12:34 pm Hagenstadt isn’t a big map...
Hagenstedt is a full size (2x console) map unlike marwell manor and the old stream.
And I know from Alien Jim that compromising on design is not the only or the essantial way of keeping the slot count down.
PS5 / FS22
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

You are right, Hagenstadt is a full size map, I’ve never actually played it and had it confused with another map. Alien Jim has a soft spot for consoles with his maps but I maintain that you can’t expect all modders to have that in mind when designing their maps the way they want. And there is always compromise in design.
RaV23

Post by RaV23 »

On the hard mode i have on ps4 477/1299 used slots.
FS 17 Gold Crest Valley 360h/ Sosnovka 300h/ The Valley The Old Farm 440h :mrgreen:
FS 19 Fellsburn 160h / currently The Old Farm Countryside 100h+ / waiting for seasons...
PS4 Player