The Field Mission Systems

BigC92

The Field Mission Systems

Post by BigC92 »

I think you should get a little bonus reward for completing the entire field, not a big reward, just a little reward is all, im sure 90% everyone completes the field and collect the reward, i get 3/ of a field done and it says contract for field 10 has been completed, but you still have a little bit left. Just a thought. I love the new missions system.
ace54858

Re: The Field Mission Systems

Post by ace54858 »

there kinda is as we get what ever is left over from selling at least on the harvesting missions we do.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

No, i mean for like cultivating, planting, fertilizing. I know everyone knows that trick, lol.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

The bonus should be the feeling of a job well done.

Since they started with contracts, there have always been a bit of an wiggle room
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Guil

Post by Guil »

I think it's set at something like 80-90% to complete it. It's there to allow for missed bits etc.
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

Do you get a bonus for completing an entire day at work irl?
If you hire a worker to cultivate, plant or fertilize your fields, would they deserve a bonus upon completion?
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

I'm not concerned with the extra bonus for completing the entire field, but what I think would be neat especially with the addition of seasons would be longer term contracts, perhaps you pick them up over winter, then in the fall after the harvest is complete you deliver the goods... i.e. such and such brewing is looking to purchase 150K liters of barley, to be delivered to "x",
EJgaming

Post by EJgaming »

Think its good to be able to complete the contract like today, so ppl that have missed a spot or two can finish the contract if they want to. However, I don't think completing the contract at 90% should give you full payment. 100% completion should give 100% payment or a bonus on top of how it is now. Think Giants should change that, so you actually get motivated and can choose to do a proper job and finish it all.
PC
Norway
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Crazof wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:46 pm I'm not concerned with the extra bonus for completing the entire field, but what I think would be neat especially with the addition of seasons would be longer term contracts, perhaps you pick them up over winter, then in the fall after the harvest is complete you deliver the goods... i.e. such and such brewing is looking to purchase 150K liters of barley, to be delivered to "x",
There were missions like that in older versions, including 15. But Giants likes to remove functionality for some reason, so those missions were deleted beginning with 17. Pallet missions were deleted from 17 as well, but now they're back, so maybe they'll bring back the other delivery missions.
I with they'd also allow us to have more than one mission going. I'd like to play part time contractor, where I accept several missions and hire help to work them. That's what I do now, but we're limited to one job at a time.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I only do spraying and fertilizing missions myself (on New Woodshire at least). They pay nice and it doesn't take long at all to do the whole map. I just drive to the field, hire a worker, and go about my business until it's done. Switch back to the contracting tractor, move it to the next job, rinse and repeat. I'm making $3-5k per field and don't have to do anything other than drive the tractor there.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

Same here, there’s always a lot of fertilising jobs on EL and they’re quick to do. Helps justify having a dedicated sprayer and if I should decide to buy the field before its harvest ready it means I’ll get a better yield out of it.
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

FarmBoss wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:25 pm
I with they'd also allow us to have more than one mission going. I'd like to play part time contractor, where I accept several missions and hire help to work them. That's what I do now, but we're limited to one job at a time.
there is a mod on pc that let's you have more then one contract at a time i watch a streamer/s as the 1 i watch has other's play with him that also stream they use that mod but i don't know the name of it. i know console use to be able to do that but it was changed with an update as we used to be able to take 1 finish and grab more before having to turn them in and could use the same equipment which i miss being able to do.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

ace54858 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:45 pm
FarmBoss wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:25 pm
there is a mod on pc that let's you have more then one contract at a time i watch a streamer/s as the 1 i watch has other's play with him that also stream they use that mod but i don't know the name of it. i know console use to be able to do that but it was changed with an update as we used to be able to take 1 finish and grab more before having to turn them in and could use the same equipment which i miss being able to do.
Thank you for the heads up. I didn't even think to look for a mod.
It's called MultipleMissions, and can be downloaded from outside mod sites.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Yeah they really screwed the pooch and console players with the update that stopped you from stacking contracts. I used to borrow equipment for a Fertilising Job complete that job, then accept the next fertilising job and use the same leased sprayer for that. I'd basically do my contracts in batches, all the Fertilising Jobs, then all the Harvesting Jobs, all the Cultivating Jobs and all Sowing Jobs. You can't do that anymore which is such as shame as you can't accept a new contract on console until you actually cash in and return the equipment for the first contract.

Thankfully on PC with the MultipleMissions mod you can still do this.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

I don't understand why they remove game play functions that people find handy.
If they didn't like that players reused the "borrowed" equipment, they still could have allowed multi contracts as long as you use your own equipment, or equipment you leased through the store.
I guess the easy route for them was to disable multi contracts completely.