chedly_farms

Re: John Deere DLC??? <-click bait

Post by chedly_farms » Mon May 20, 2019 2:49 am

CrashhawkCE wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 3:48 pm
Walrusman02 wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 2:56 pm
Challenger is the ag division of CAT
Actually, Challenger is a partner of AGCO along with Fendt, Valtra, and Massey Ferguson. Challenger, Massey Ferguson and Fendt large tractors are manufactured in Jackson, MN at the AGCO factory.

Side note: AGCO originally stood for Allis Gleaner Company which came to be after Deutz Fahr and Allis Chalmers split.

CrasH
I just seen a green stripe gleaner on a Sunday drive today with the Duetz Allis branding. You don't see many Gleaners with the green stripe.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Osina, 200+ hours
Stone Valley x2, 1 1/2 hours
Marwell Manor Farm, 520 + hours - Retired.....

chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms » Mon May 20, 2019 3:02 am

The.EuroFarmer wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 7:46 pm
OK guys,
I'll tell you my opinion and of course I never claim I am correct:)

Although it would be nice to have more John Deere equipment in the game, I don't see a JD DLC arriving soon. We all know that during FarmCon Giants will announce officially the arrival of Claas into the game, so is more than sure that the next DLC would be the Claas DLC.

It would be a business suicide for Giants to issue two DLC's for two of the best brands ; John Deere and Claas.

The only way I see a John Deere DLC arriving into FS19, it would be in the case Giants would allow us landscaping with bulldozers and excavators, therefore a John Deere Construction DLC would be possible.

As I said I never claim I am correct and probably I am 100% wrong :)
The only way Claas will make an entrance into the franchise will be on a "Game cover". By that I mean showcase on the cover of either the "plantinum edition" or whatever it will be called this year or on the cover of FS21. With the rocky road they had with the release of 19, it's a good ace to keep up their sleeve to enhance sales.

I want Claas to come in the worse way, but if the do in fact have plans with Giants, Giants will use Claas to the fullest to move units. Not on a DLC. At this point Giants doesn't need John Deere to sell another game as the wow factor is gone, but the potential to make money off people wanting more John Deere stuff in the game is insane.

Plus on the Claas side of things. If people grow bored of the franchise by fall of 2020, Claas will bring renewed excitement.

This is just good business sense.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Osina, 200+ hours
Stone Valley x2, 1 1/2 hours
Marwell Manor Farm, 520 + hours - Retired.....

niggle44

Post by niggle44 » Mon May 20, 2019 12:11 pm

If Class do come to the game you can bet there will be a forage harvester as they just manufactured their 40,000th Jaguar unit so maybe a celebration model ?

Tomazius96

Post by Tomazius96 » Mon May 20, 2019 12:39 pm

I agree with @chedly_farms. Most possible scenarios are "Platinum addition" or FS21 main brand.

Jonny3355

Post by Jonny3355 » Mon May 20, 2019 1:26 pm

Drmattymd wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 3:42 am
Jonny3355 wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 8:02 pm

Cant be they dont have licenceing for claas
They announced a partnership with Claas already, this may or may not include licensing
I know but for now they cant have them in game we don't know we may get claas mods on console in the futere
Xbox one

eric21

Post by eric21 » Mon May 20, 2019 2:24 pm

bluecoller81 wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 5:33 pm
I wonder if there is something in the works. I know JHHG modding submitted a tractor and combine that never showed in the testing rotation.
They are still working on the combine

kintino

Post by kintino » Mon May 20, 2019 2:57 pm

I'm not confident that we will have a DLC from Jhon Deere, I have the feeling that new equipment from the brand has stayed for FS21, of course I'm just assuming I'm not saying anything, it will depend on what happens at FarmCon.

we do not have planters or seeders from AGCO, CNH, SDF ... I do not know if they would throw something from the John Deere, that kind of equipment was for other brands.

fenixguy

Post by fenixguy » Mon May 20, 2019 3:02 pm

Just adding my own uninformed opinion here: I think there absolutely will be a JD DLC that will include the 9R series tractors, a cotton harvester/baler (maybe), a forage harvester, and maybe some forestry equipment. I mean, it took them long enough to get the license; I doubt they'll use it for just 7 vehicles and not try to make more money on it. (JD is green for a reason $$)

FS13 introduced CaseIH as a brand and the Platinum Edition gave us more Case equipment so it's not unheard of that they would do something like that. But I think if Claas is coming to 19, it will be in the expansion. The JD stuff will likely be a stand-alone DLC.

And who knows, they're could be a new crop/game function coming that we've not even thought about yet.
Raising corn and soybeans in Stone Valley.

Thedebe48

Post by Thedebe48 » Mon May 20, 2019 5:10 pm

fenixguy wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 3:02 pm
Just adding my own uninformed opinion here: I think there absolutely will be a JD DLC that will include the 9R series tractors, a cotton harvester/baler (maybe), a forage harvester, and maybe some forestry equipment. I mean, it took them long enough to get the license; I doubt they'll use it for just 7 vehicles and not try to make more money on it. (JD is green for a reason $$)

It was shared on here by an insider at Deere & Company that John Deere does not receive a compensation for their equipment likeness to be used in the game. And why should they, it's free advertising for them. Giants just never approached them about it. John Deere are the ones that contacted Giants and essentially said, 'we want in'. I don't believe there are any licensing issues at all with John Deere equipment in this game. Giants just doesn't include large brand implements for some reason. You would think they'd be chomping at the bit to sell us a DLC with a JD DB series Planter, JD Sprayer, JD baler, JD cultivator, JD NH3 applicator, JD air drill and cart, 9R series tractors, etc.

Could be wrong though. Like I said, the source of this was from a previous poster on this site.

Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 » Mon May 20, 2019 7:02 pm

I would love to see more jd tractors in particular and though I’d like more equipment as well seems a less likely scenario for those coming, at the end up of the day I’ll work with what I get and celebrate when I get new stuff to work with if I want to either way I’ll enjoy my farming