John Deere DLC??? <-click bait

chedly_farms

John Deere DLC??? <-click bait

Post by chedly_farms »

For the sake of a good old fashion forum debate I give you this link from SilverNews,
https://youtu.be/5Y0VFyE-UCc

I hope it works,

Any ways, without watching the whole video, there is kemper machinery booth at some ag show I believe where you can play Farming Simulator, and in the vid is a John Deere forage harvester. Silver hints that this could be a leak of a new John Deere DLC.

I personally feel he could be on to something and here's why:
Kemper makes forage harvester heads, and if they have this officially in their booth where ever they are, I feel like they have to have some sort of permission from Giants. And I doubt they (Giants) would want an unofficial mod (in this case a JD forage harvester or even the Kemper header) that may not be up to their standards being showcased in the game.

All this speculation is based on how many corporate hoops I have to jump through in my real job to please license holders.

And besides, it's fun to speculate..

What do you think, and keep it civil! Lol.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
BigC92

Re: John Deere DLC??? <-click bait

Post by BigC92 »

I love SilverNews, he's my guy when it comes to games i play, but if it happens, it happens, i like John Deere, but if not, i won't loose sleep over it.
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

we do know that Giants has some deals in the past with some manufactures to provide/licence FS for use at venues, and many manufactures of equipment have in-house people who are more than capable of making things in 3d due to their work in CAD.

Kemper already have three forage headers in game (two own brand, one NH branded), you should also know that Kemper is owned by Deere & Co, so its not as if having a JD forage harvester is any great leap, you would almost expect them to have JD.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

We get what we get, but at the same time, I don't really see the point in adding in ANOTHER forage harvester. It would function the same as the others more than likely. I could understand if it was part of a larger DLC that came with a variety of John Deere equipment. A lot of people have been screaming "More John Deere tractors!" lately, and I understand why. They're a giant in the equipment industry. It's what a lot of people know. I personally just don't get all of the fuss though. In this game, a John Deere harvester isn't going to work any differently than a New Holland. A Deere 9RX isn't going to play much differently than a Case Steiger. It's all the same. This is especially true of later model equipment, which is largely what the current fleet in Farming Simulator is.

On the flip side though, I'm never opposed to more equipment in the game. It's always nice to see more brands that are seen in the states. From a realism standpoint, more American tillage equipment and planters would be great. I often buy expansions for this game even if there's something I probably won't use, just for the sake of supporting GIANTS. To date, I've been able to use at least something from every expansion I've ever bought. I'm always keeping my fingers crossed for a good trucks DLC too. Even if it's just some really well done Lizard knock-offs. I think it'd be cool if they licensed CAT too, even if just for the forestry equipment. This is all just my opinion though. Take it for what it is.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
Walrusman02

Post by Walrusman02 »

Challenger is the ag division of CAT
2004 Sierra 1500 SLE 4x4
5.3 vortec w/turbo
CrashhawkCE

Post by CrashhawkCE »

Walrusman02 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 2:56 pm Challenger is the ag division of CAT
Actually, Challenger is a partner of AGCO along with Fendt, Valtra, and Massey Ferguson. Challenger, Massey Ferguson and Fendt large tractors are manufactured in Jackson, MN at the AGCO factory.

Side note: AGCO originally stood for Allis Gleaner Company which came to be after Deutz Fahr and Allis Chalmers split.

CrasH
XB1 - Streaming daily on Twitch!
https://twitch.tv/CrashHawkCE

J & M Farms, Illinois
CJ Farms, On the Welsh Marches, Shropshire, UK
bluecoller81

Post by bluecoller81 »

I wonder if there is something in the works. I know JHHG modding submitted a tractor and combine that never showed in the testing rotation.
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

bluecoller81 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:33 pmI know JHHG modding submitted a tractor and combine that never showed in the testing rotation.
prior to something entering testing proper, the zip is checked to make sure it conforms to some basic criteria as far as file types and so on, if it fails that, it never enters testing proper until it's resubmitted with the basic criteria fixed.

i.e. the list they post of mods on weekdays entering testing proper have already passed the basic criteria which decides if they are [PC] or [PS4|XB1].
bluecoller81

Post by bluecoller81 »

b101uk wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:25 pm
bluecoller81 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:33 pmI know JHHG modding submitted a tractor and combine that never showed in the testing rotation.
prior to something entering testing proper, the zip is checked to make sure it conforms to some basic criteria as far as file types and so on, if it fails that, it never enters testing proper until it's resubmitted with the basic criteria fixed.

i.e. the list they post of mods on weekdays entering testing proper have already passed the basic criteria which decides if they are [PC] or [PS4|XB1].
That makes sense if that was the case.
The.EuroFarmer

Post by The.EuroFarmer »

OK guys,
I'll tell you my opinion and of course I never claim I am correct:)

Although it would be nice to have more John Deere equipment in the game, I don't see a JD DLC arriving soon. We all know that during FarmCon Giants will announce officially the arrival of Claas into the game, so is more than sure that the next DLC would be the Claas DLC.

It would be a business suicide for Giants to issue two DLC's for two of the best brands ; John Deere and Claas.

The only way I see a John Deere DLC arriving into FS19, it would be in the case Giants would allow us landscaping with bulldozers and excavators, therefore a John Deere Construction DLC would be possible.

As I said I never claim I am correct and probably I am 100% wrong :)
garyst

Post by garyst »

I sure do hope we see a JD dlc and it includes the cp690 cotton picker because I am getting tired of using the case ih.
Jonny3355

Post by Jonny3355 »

The.EuroFarmer wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 7:46 pm OK guys,

Although it would be nice to have more John Deere equipment in the game, I don't see a JD DLC arriving soon. We all know that during FarmCon Giants will announce officially the arrival of Claas into the game, so is more than sure that the next DLC would be the Claas DLC.

It would be a business suicide for Giants to issue two DLC's for two of the best brands ; John Deere and Claas.

The only way I see a John Deere DLC arriving into FS19, it would be in the case Giants would allow us landscaping with bulldozers and excavators, therefore a John Deere Construction DLC would be possible.

Cant be they dont have licenceing for claas
Xbox one
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

The.EuroFarmer wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 7:46 pmIt would be a business suicide for Giants to issue two DLC's for two of the best brands ; John Deere and Claas.
(assuming they have the licencing hurdle done for Claas)

I really don't see how it would be "business suicide for Giants"

given there are potentially two more paid DLC for FS19 if we go by past years of FS15 and FS17 as examples.

its just a question of which will be included as part of the Ti/Platinum DLC and which will be a standalone equipment DLC, and I think that will be influenced by the map that forms the Ti/Platinum DLC.
The.EuroFarmer

Post by The.EuroFarmer »

b101uk wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 8:25 pm
When I said about "business suicide " I didn't mean about DLC sales but about keeping the balance between brands.

I expect Claas to be in the next map expansion. Giants always introduced a new brand with every map expansion and is obvious that during FarmCon they will make announcements :)

Anyway, only time will tell, we will have just to wait and see, and in the meantime we could enjoy our farming :)
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

The.EuroFarmer wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 7:46 pm OK guys,

I personally wouldn't see a problem with GIANTS releasing two back-to-back brand DLCs. From a business standpoint, it could p*ss one brand or the other off and mess with future licensing, but that's not guaranteed. As far as the only possibility being a John Deere Construction DLC, I don't see that happening either. I don't think it'd be enough value, and the game would have to stray away from "Farming Simulator" more than I think they'd dare to. I would love to see it happen, being an equipment operator myself, but I just don't see it happening like that. Just my thoughts though.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel