Bga digestate conversion rates

Eische

Re: Bga digestate conversion rates

Post by Eische »

It does not really matter what it looks like in reality. The sell prices in the game are not realistic either.

Giants set those conversion rates for gameplay reasons. As mentioned above, if you would get 1000L digestate for 1000L silage, you would just get money in return, because you did not loose any material.
And that makes no sense at all from a gameplay standpoint.
Those conversion rates originally were introduced to give players with lots of animals an opportunity to get rid of their spare manure/slurry/silage. You could still argue that they might be too extreme. But even in reality there is a loss in material based on which material you put into the biogas plant. I have something in mind of 25% loss for corn silage and 5% loss for slurry.

But everyone can freely change the values to his own liking!
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
Larose944@gmail.com

Re: Bga digestate conversion rates

Post by Larose944@gmail.com »

Those rates you posted seem right from what iv been testing, over the last couple days. Thank you for digging into the code for me my computer skills are not the best lol . we have a biogas converter on our farm, only 55 gallon size mind you and real life conversion rates are 1 gal input slurry (any organic matter or manure chopped and mixed with 20 % water) and you get 1 gallon of compost tea type slurry in return, this is not a 1 to 1 as it would seem because on an industrial scale you would get your slurry back dewatered, in our case every winter and some times in the middle of summer we clean out the digester and also get 30 gal compost tea, and the rest is a true slurry sitting on the bottom, just like a septic tank. It also makes 50 gal per day un compressed bio gas, that's enough to run a single burner for 15 to 30 minutes. I wish we could have the helper fill slurry from the bga right now I'm using the 30000 ltr tanker and a truck to haul from bga to one of those 55000 ltr fields tanks but one helper seems to use it as fast as I can truck it, I think my next tractor will be a fast track and I'll switch to just hauling the 55000ltr field tank, hopefully giants changes it or a modder makes a mod to allow refill from the bga