Best Start from Scratch Map [Console]

Patrick73

Re: Best Start from Scratch Map [Console]he

Post by Patrick73 »

The old stream farm is good,I’ve created a nice little yard maintaining the charm and still have 700 slots free. The main farm house has been moved up to the road so the new yard is based on the small starter field which was in front of the original farm
SJ_Sathanas

Re: Best Start from Scratch Map [Console]

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

I found Grizzily a bit too easy after a while and I missed having contracts to do.
Stevo0114

Post by Stevo0114 »

For me the old farm countryside is a great start from scratch now that all the issues have been sorted
Love FS fav tractor Case I h. FS 19 has caught up and is now for me better than fs17
Playing on xbox one x, Thanks to Giants and all modders who make the game great.
Love this community so thanks guys
Cad_dao

Post by Cad_dao »

Hi,

Grizzly mountain is a good map to strat from scratch, if you're willing to deal with logging. You really start with nothing, have to make your own fields from cleared lands. Getting your initial money income from selling your logs or wood chips. Bought the land next to the river at sawmill area. Used landscaping tool to build a crossing over the river and clearing that zone to get my first two fields. Can be played with large equipement/implements if you want to. Sadly no map update so no paintable grass availiable. Also might be wise to be careful before spending alot of time on that map if you're the kind of player that like and wait for season mod to come up as it might be a map that will be not be season compatible when time comes. Map isn't expected to be updated as it wasn't with last game patch. But still a good map to play on. So it's a warning for those who will play with season mod to maybe avoid that map. Maybe FS19 mod maps will require to be updated to be season ready as FS17 had, so season would work.

New Woodshire is also a good map to play on but be aware that slot count is to be taken in consideration playing this map. Also, that's a map where it will be difficult to use larger equipment and implements due to smaller road width. Not impossible but moving stuff to different map area might be complicated. But using small and medium equipment will do fine. Land is cheap and fields can be easyly redefined so you can reshape them the way you want them.

Hagenstedt was a map I've put alot of time on FS17. I liked that map alot and I expect to give it a try on FS19 anytime soon. So for the FS19 version of that map, I'll wait until I play on it before commenting.

There's some other good maps worth trying depending how it suit your playstyle. But those above are my favorite the way I play the game.

Regards!
Last edited by Cad_dao on Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FS 17 & 19 on XBOX one
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

Yep the old farm countryside is very good for this. I like all this map is functionnal, everything is "close", but "far" at the same time...(in my head, it's pretty clear lol).

Field 34 is perfect for animals and "second" farm/silo. I have many hours on it and still playing.

It all depend on what level you want to "start from scratch". If it's only to place your farm, old farm countryside is good.

If you really want to start with nothing, Grizzly Mountains, but like others said, looks like this map isn't updated.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
Cad_dao

Post by Cad_dao »

Miketeg wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:28 pm Yep the old farm countryside is very good for this. I like all this map is functionnal, everything is "close", but "far" at the same time...(in my head, it's pretty clear lol).

Field 34 is perfect for animals and "second" farm/silo. I have many hours on it and still playing.

It all depend on what level you want to "start from scratch". If it's only to place your farm, old farm countryside is good.

If you really want to start with nothing, Grizzly Mountains, but like others said, looks like this map isn't updated.
Hi Miketeg,
Yes ain't updated and already stated by FDR modders that it won't be. Reason why for season mod lovers, that map might not suit well when season will be released.
MrBgam1ng wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:08 pm @Phigo , if you sold or grind the logs on the ground there gone for ever . And why no update for console , there's a few reason , 1 is it would require console players to start a new save game and FDR team doesn't want to do that to us , 2nd reason i wont get into on this forum . If you do a bit of digging in some of FDR vids Comments you can find it .I also talked about in a few streems but i dont remember wich one .
viewtopic.php?f=963&t=143626&p=1116363& ... e#p1116363

But grass painting should be able to be done by painting ground with the texture wished, then plow that zone, then plant grass with a seeder, then finally use the lizard roller right after seeding and before grass first growth. Was working prior to patch 1.3 so should still work on this map. Maybe painfull to do so, but it's a workaround and will still better looking than a textured ground with no grass.

Regards!
FS 17 & 19 on XBOX one