Best Start from Scratch Map [Console]

Walrusman02

Best Start from Scratch Map [Console]

Post by Walrusman02 »

Im looking to start my first start from scratch map afer retiring my Ravenport save, what map do you feel is the best for blueprinting your own farm? I was thinking new woodshire or felsbrun. Feel free to say your opnion, critique mine too lol!
2004 Sierra 1500 SLE 4x4
5.3 vortec w/turbo
redglasses

Re: Best Start from Scratch Map [Console]

Post by redglasses »

The best one is grizzly mountain, a true start from scratch map. Buy yourself a skid steer, truck, and trailer. Land is cheap so buy like a plot or two. It’s a really good map, also if you don’t like this one check out some other logging maps, they have reached a much higher potential with fs19 compared to fs17.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
MarkDeere205

Post by MarkDeere205 »

I just retired 2 maps and I am starting from scratch on Hagenstedt. Nice wide roads and 4 or 5 spots where you can start your own farm if you don’t like the initial one. It’s a nice size because you can use bigger equipment if you want.

It’s a beautiful map.
I play on Xbox 1 in Michigan
Walrusman02

Post by Walrusman02 »

They both looked good, had played a little on grizzly some and never hagenstedt, so just decided to do both lol. Whatever one that draws me the most after a few hours will be the one i stick with i suppose
2004 Sierra 1500 SLE 4x4
5.3 vortec w/turbo
dapals51

Post by dapals51 »

Woodshire isn't a bad choice the middle field can be made into one large one. I still end up on Ravenport though and just build a new farm in a different area
XBOX one player
Farmer in the midwest USA

MOD HUB OR DIE!!
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Ya I feel on ravenport you just kinda have to get out of the valley farm.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
dapals51

Post by dapals51 »

Ravenport wouldn't be as bad of a map of it didn't have so much residentia, beach a nd elevation changes, It is a nice open map with big fields. The middle is great the outside leaves alot to be desired. I either make a farm in the top left corner or on field 12 by the bga
XBOX one player

MOD HUB OR DIE!!
Farmer Foley

Post by Farmer Foley »

May I suggest either Lipinki or Mill Midland, small fields and low cost for scratch mode?
You keep a Troshin :hi:
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

Mercury is a good Choice too. lots of places to start. Many fields, not expensive.

My number one for start from scratch in a hardcore-Version is Grizzly Mountain like Redglasses said before. Only downside for Console: No update and with that no paintable grass.
PS4 und PC
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

I start this way on Legends map. Lots of space there for farms to be built and the land isn’t too expensive.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Legends, up where the cows are normally placed. This gives you a large private spot with good field access.
Grizzly is truly start from scratch since you need to cut down a forest and make your own field. Grizzly will allow your farm to be unique, and if you build your home near the water, you might be able to get some nice screenshots.
If you ever get a PC, then Mercury after deleting all the hedges and fences with giants editor, makes it appear more american like.
brinko04

Post by brinko04 »

I have done start from scratch on felsbrunn and woodshire. I have 300 hours in felsbrunn and 25 in woodshire. Felsbrunn starts from absolute nothing and has decent field locations, sell points can be a choke point for road trains and such. Woodshire starts you with some buildings but it feels like farming where I live in the midwest. Sell points are still a choke point though.
Family, Farming, and Cornhusker Football
Part-time Farmer since 2005
XBOX Farmer since 2011
PC Farmer since 2020
Born and Raised in Nebraska
The.EuroFarmer

Post by The.EuroFarmer »

I know this topic is for consoles, but I would like to contribute my opinion.

I tried Grizzly Mountain on PC and the only thing I can say is : wow !!

You start with nothing and you have to cut down trees in order to make your farm, well guys, this is how FS19 should have been. Of course, there is not a placeable BGA in the game, only as a mod you can find one.

Since Giants decided to make FS series with placeables, maybe in FS21 they would follow the concept behind Grizzly Mountain ; You will start either with a small or medium or big map, and you choose your difficulty level ( Easy, Medium, Hard) and then you will have to cut down trees and you can plan your farm with any way you like. All buildings would be placeables and you will have to decide where to place the Sawmill, the Dairy, the BGA, the selling points, even Railway would be placeable and you will have to pay lot of money in order to make an acceptable rail connection if of course you will prefer to have rails.

Anyway, happy farming :)
dapals51

Post by dapals51 »

The.EuroFarmer wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 7:58 pm I know this topic is for consoles, but I would like to contribute my opinion.

I tried Grizzly Mountain on PC and the only thing I can say is : wow !!

You start with nothing and you have to cut down trees in order to make your farm, well guys, this is how FS19 should have been. Of course, there is not a placeable BGA in the game, only as a mod you can find one.

Since Giants decided to make FS series with placeables, maybe in FS21 they would follow the concept behind Grizzly Mountain ; You will start either with a small or medium or big map, and you choose your difficulty level ( Easy, Medium, Hard) and then you will have to cut down trees and you can plan your farm with any way you like. All buildings would be placeables and you will have to decide where to place the Sawmill, the Dairy, the BGA, the selling points, even Railway would be placeable and you will have to pay lot of money in order to make an acceptable rail connection if of course you will prefer to have rails.

Anyway, happy farming :)
The counter to your point, Euro Farmer, would be the other side of the world, North America farmland, was a lot of prairie so was just grass, that got plowed (thanks in part to John Deere’s plow) so we’d have to have a prairie map to to plow :) but that is a cool idea for Grizzly props to you for doing that!
XBOX one player

MOD HUB OR DIE!!
Psychohate

Post by Psychohate »

I think the Alps Panorama map would be a good start from scratch map. There's 3 or 4 fields. The rest of the map is a blank canvas. You can create your fields however big or small you want. I believe there's like 7 or 8 grain sell points. And I think there's a lot of flat land to put placeables. One of these days I want to start a game on it.
New farmer mode always
Xbox Series x/..... Being kind don't cost a dime