Engine hours

Beanbrother

Engine hours

Post by Beanbrother »

I have been playing since 17 and always wondered why the engine hours don’t match up with the time you have on the clock. I run 5x clock but if you run a tractor all day the engine hours don’t match. I’m sure this has been talked about but I can’t seem to recall It
Saom

Re: Engine hours

Post by Saom »

Engine hours in game are real-time hours. I think it's because the work take the same time whatever gamespeed you play at.
PS4, Norway.
Elmcreek and No Mans Land.
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

Ya I know that. But the repair meter and tractor hours are separate. I just want to see a tractor with 6000 hrs on it
TooTall069

Post by TooTall069 »

I agree. To have it more realistic it should go off of in game hours. Running a tractor for a full in game day cycle should give it 24 hours on the meter not 2.
Farmer216

Post by Farmer216 »

I see you are saying.

However, there is some pride in having a machine with high hours and knowing that it is real life hours.

On FS17, I had several machines with over 100 hours on them and one approaching 250 hours.

I would hate to have to do math to figure out how long I've actually used it.
(EDIT: If it goes off game hours, you would NEVER know how long its actually been used)
I play on Xbox3 (Which they called the "One" for some reason)
Addicted to Farm Sim since: 6-26-2k17
FS17@ 5,336hrs ~ FS19@ 3377hrs (updated 2.18.21)
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

for me, a full ingame day, would leave it with 8 hours on the clock...... (afther the first 2 fields where harvested i had 17.2 hours on the clock on the combine, and i ran 2 of em on the field :P )
And i'm considering going down from 3x to 2x, to hopefully manage more in a day :P 1x is not an option though.
I usually feel that 3x is just perfect, but on west australia i'm struggeling a bit :P

I'm also in the group that likes that it shows hours, not ingame hours.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

I'm with the OP on this ... I know that harvesting 43 Ha ought to take all day, not two hours ... and the same goes for fuel usage: ploughing all day burns a lot of diesel!
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

Why would you want it to go on in game time instead of real time?

In any case I play on real time and just jump to 120x speed when I'm done for that day/ waiting for something to do... I don't understand playing on a certain speed all the time, when it is soo easy to change it whenever you want.
PC gamer.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

I think the way it works is good now, but if they would change it they would have to change the whole repair system and how long it takes before you have to repair. For now I just imagine engine hours by multiplying my engine hours by 1000 then divide that by 2.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer