Placeable trees and disappearing buildings?

cwattyeso

Re: Placeable trees and disappearing buildings?

Post by cwattyeso »

People would you please use the Placeable Trees or More Tree Mods for their intended purpose, to add decoration to your farms. You're not supposed to then cut them down this causes errors and problems. If you placed a shed or building on a map, would you try cutting that down? No you would leave it and use it for the purpose it was intended.

If you want to cut down trees there are usually plenty already included in the maps you are playing on or you can use the in game tree planter and pallets of saplings to plant trees, which will then grow and allow you to cut them down without issues.

I've used both Placeable Trees and More Tree Mod and not had any issues myself, but that's because I'm not trying to cheat the game by cutting them down instead of planting and growing trees. When I place trees with these mods they remain on my map the entire time I play it, to look pretty and add decoration.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

In my case I placed one of the trees, for decoration, but it clashed with a shed and I decided to remove it and try again. Before this I had no idea it would corrupt my save and I bet this is the case for most folk with this issue.
Folk aren't placing these trees to harvest generally and "cheat the game" as you call it. I think you've missed the point entirely.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

But most comments come from people saying they placed loads of trees and then cut them down and sold them and it hosed their save game. Seems to be most of the people are using these mods to harvest trees. There may be one or two comments from people like yourself that placed a tree incorrectly and then wished to remove it and replace it and that caused an issue, you and those people seem to be in the minority. The only thing that could be said you yourself Richie and others like you is use real caution when placing decorative trees, and double/triple check they are in the right place before you commit as removing them later most likely will be impossible, unless you want to break your game.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

Easier just to avoid using placeable tree mods until they are fixed. As I've been saying on this forum in multiple threads for at least 6 months. The problem is with the mod not with those using it.
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

Cwatty, From contexts of posts on this thread no one is trying to harvest placed trees to cheat the game. Yeah sure way back when it first happened to me I was trying to create a forest to harvest, as i was on meadow grove which only has small areas of forest and decided to turn the large placeable area into my logging area. Even then I planted 95% of the trees and only placed dead ones here and there or used placable trees when the area was inaccessible with tractor and planter, never was my intention to cheat the game.
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

I will test out every placeable tree and will supply a list of trees that can be removed safely by selling, however I assume that cutting any of them will cause the bug. So there will be no cheating the game
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

I've used "More trees" and it seems better because the trees change for seasons. Also, logging them seemed okay a few weeks ago... Was there ever an update to these? I plan on modifying a section of my map with extra money I have to create a public forest for firewood and lumber for the community. I have a lot of hours into the savegame i want to do this in and I don't want to corrupt it. So far on this savegame i haven't placed any trees.
Farmboy86

Post by Farmboy86 »

I just found this forum and I was a day too late as I just lost a 230 hr save to these damn corrupt trees ! Has the mod been updated or fixed ?? It seems like this issue has been going on for way to long to just be an unresolved issue by the mod creator ??? So with that said I'm assuming that it is exactly how cwattyeso puts it , " use the mod for its purpose only , which is decoration " ! And if for some reason you need to remove it then just sell it ( as this does not cause the bug) DON'T CUT IT ! Am I right guys ??? Any comments would be appreciated ! I must be right because I placed and removed multiple trees in the duration of my 230 hr game and never had a problem because I always sold them , the first placeable tree I cut down and TIMBER , there goes all my work ! Maybe I should take this as a sign that I should get my ass off the couch and go play with the cows for real LoL , thanks boyz and girlz !!
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

There’s a new one that doesn’t allow you to cut them down just sell them
GrimGandalf

Post by GrimGandalf »

If your just landscaping and not looking to cut trees down Alien Jim’s tree pack is what you want. I use it all the time. It’s the pack that you buy and sell trees as placeable. They also change during the seasons as well.

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019
Last edited by GrimGandalf on Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PS4, XBOX X & PC Video Game Farmer
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

^Thats the one
Vfarms

Post by Vfarms »

This one is fine..it's by Alien Jim and I've never had any issues

https://farming-simulator.com/mod.php?l ... tle=fs2019
This is the most fun you're ever gonna have

Xbox series x
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

"More Trees". Ask my why I am so sure of this...
Old fat guy with a day job...
Farmboy86

Post by Farmboy86 »

Awesome thanks for the feedback guys , I appreciate it !
Farmboy86

Post by Farmboy86 »

Wheelman Steve why more trees ??