Creating goals and switching maps

Countrykid1099farmer

Creating goals and switching maps

Post by Countrykid1099farmer »

How do you go about challenging yourself on the map? And picking what you wanna achieve on your map?

I my self find that I can't play more than one map at a time so I pick what map I want to do and make myself a goal to reach before retiring that map. Right now I'm on new bartelshagen and goal was start with nothing on start from scratch max loan and 10,000,000 dollars in bank 360 plus hours in and I'm almost there, (8,475,234 at the time I'm making this post) so my final thought to make that ten million was plant every Feild with cotton and lease a bunch of harvesters to harvest and then retire the map when hollanshevelde comes out, my problem is i need a new challange!

Give me some ideas for a task I must do before retiring my next map and what you do or want to achieve in your maps? And how do you retire it? Do you sell everything and transfer the money to the next or do you just go in with what you had in your pocket. Or like myself you "go in with nothing."
Big ole Canadian cattle farmer
10,000 acres
500 head
2 meese (plural for moose) (rescue rehab home for the local conservation)
Claas and Kubota only

And before you ask I'm not a kid just made my name when I was young :biggrin2: :biggrin2:
ValtraDrum

Re: Creating goals and switching maps

Post by ValtraDrum »

On any map that has built in animals or easy place to place them, you can only get money buy selling their products and the animal. Can take a loan, but can't sell arable dilate ect. To get straw, plant a feral and mow over it to get the straw. I started on oakfield :biggrin2:
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

I usally play one map at time also.

I also set different goals on different maps.
Examples:
- Start with old and bad equipment and change everything to new and better (works well on the maps with old style starting farm: marvel manor, old stream farm)
- Start with heavy loan and reach to zero
- build Wind Turbine park (let's say 30 of them).
- start from scratch and build your own farm (works well with Felsbrunn map).
- start with lot of different animals and try to feed them all (better for seasons, since they die there, if you do not feed them).
- Buy at least half of the land on the map, join smaller fields to bigger, buy bigger equipment for these fields, chop all the trees on the way (works well on Estancia Lapacho map).
- play the game only with one speed (for example 5 - hard part of it is the time management).

Usually i get my goals fulfilled, i get bored and switch for next map.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Run a smaller map, and restrict yourself to only one hiered hand. Or do everything yourself.
I usually run 2 saves at a time, find that the maps last longer that way. Usually one big, and one smaller. Big atm is west aus, where my goal is to manage 6 fields at a time, no more that 2 of each piece of equipment. And I find it challenging when running at 3x..... Thanks to cp i actualy have some help managing transport when threshing. It is a handful when one run with the chaser bin from combines to truck takes 3-5 minutes! 😁
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Start with nothing.
Start out as a struggling contractor, doing missions for others.
Buy one slot of land, to park your future equipment. Do not work any of your own fields.
Work your way to buying all the equipment you need for multiple contracts.
Expand by taking missions and hiring workers to complete them using the MultiMission mod (if you're on PC).
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

Play on hard-mode
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

on marwell I've kept the BGA running 24 hrs a day while still doing standard farming, at first I was doing silage bales and it was a bit tough, now I've got way more than enough loose silage sitting around and the overall challenge is easier. might switch maps to the one with two BGA's once the update is out.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I play one map until I get bored. I got bored of Ravensport in about 5 mins. I have about 20 or so hours on New Woodshire and am loving it so far. I don't really have any set goals though. I'm just trying out horses, doing lots of contracting, and trying out new equipment. Once a better map comes out, I'll leave this one and move on. I may try the start from scratch in the future if a map comes along that suits that play-style.

If Lone Oak ever gets converted, that's where I'll be for the foreseeable future.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
ValtraDrum

Post by ValtraDrum »

ValtraDrum wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 8:11 am On any map that has built in animals or easy place to place them, you can only get money buy selling their products and the animal. Can take a loan, but can't sell arable silage ect. To get straw, plant a feral and mow over it to get the straw. I started on oakfield :biggrin2:
dunnjob

Post by dunnjob »

It depends on the map. On Ravenport I decided to be a big cotton farm. Felsbrun was sugar beets. My new map, New Woodshire, I am doing mostly Silage and silage bale work for the BGA. I tend to have a primary source of income and diversify as I get bored.

I did nothing but cattle on FS17 on South Mountain Creamery. Cereals on Westbridge Hills.
We are all ignorant, we are all just ignorant about different things.

Recent convert to PC on FS19