Is every Grain Bin created Equal?

Jballak9197

Is every Grain Bin created Equal?

Post by Jballak9197 »

I know as the in-game already has a set of grain bins in different sizes as even an over head and pit. What about the farmers who can't spend the big $ to install a pit. What about maybe grain bins that require a belt system or auger to fill the bin at the top. Then just have a spout at the bottom side to load tippers. Therefore requiring another type of belt/auger to load the tipper. Or maybe for the smaller farmers just staring out a variety of smaller bins like 25,000-50,000 litres.
Hebrews 6:7. Land that drinks in the rain often falling on it and that produces a crop useful to those for whom it is farmed receives the blessing of God.
Noraf

Re: Is every Grain Bin created Equal?

Post by Noraf »

:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Jballak9197

Post by Jballak9197 »

What about grain specific bins? Like at the store there will be an option for what type of grain will be stored in the bin and that particular grain is all that bin will hold.
Hebrews 6:7. Land that drinks in the rain often falling on it and that produces a crop useful to those for whom it is farmed receives the blessing of God.
hpmc13

Post by hpmc13 »

Or a bin that only holds one type at a time, but gives you the option to empty it and store something else, but, again, only one type at a time.

This goes along with my hope that we'll get crop-specific seeds. Those magic seed bags tick me off.
Playing on PC
Eische

Post by Eische »

Jballak9197 wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 5:06 pm What about grain specific bins? Like at the store there will be an option for what type of grain will be stored in the bin and that particular grain is all that bin will hold.
hpmc13 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 4:13 am Or a bin that only holds one type at a time, but gives you the option to empty it and store something else, but, again, only one type at a time.

This goes along with my hope that we'll get crop-specific seeds. Those magic seed bags tick me off.
You already have that option!
Just place a silo and put only one crop type in it. If you want to store another crop type at the same time, build another silo. Simple as that.
I usually don't use silos. But if I do, I'm placing one, that has several bins or I use the silo extensions. With that I'm tricking myself into having one bin for one crop type.

Same is true for seeds. If you want to simulate different seed types, just empty your seeder prior to changing the crop type. Nothing is stopping you to do so. This was discussed so many times in the past. Giants will definitely not introduce different seeds into the base game. And this is a very good decision. As long as you wont be able to switch back to the current system, the majority of players will be pi**. Maybe that will happen as a mod.
Just follow along with my above proposal. Maybe you could add an additional step of handling the seeds bigbags once they are unloaded from the seeder. I mean, if you would have different seeds, you would need to bring the new ones to the seeder and store the unloaded ones.
Would be interesting to see, how long you proceed to do so.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
Jballak9197

Post by Jballak9197 »

Eische wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 9:33 am
Jballak9197 wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 5:06 pm What about grain specific bins? Like at the store there will be an option for what type of grain will be stored in the bin and that particular grain is all that bin will hold.
hpmc13 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 4:13 am Or a bin that only holds one type at a time, but gives you the option to empty it and store something else, but, again, only one type at a time.

You already have that option!
Just place a silo and put only one crop type in it. If you want to store another crop type at the same time, build another silo. Simple as that.
I usually don't use silos. But if I do, I'm placing one, that has several bins or I use the silo extensions. With that I'm tricking myself into having one bin for one crop type.

Same is true for seeds. If you want to simulate different seed types, just empty your seeder prior to changing the crop type. Nothing is stopping you to do so. This was discussed so many times in the past. Giants will definitely not introduce different seeds into the base game. And this is a very good decision. As long as you wont be able to switch back to the current system, the majority of players will be pi**. Maybe that will happen as a mod.
Just follow along with my above proposal. Maybe you could add an additional step of handling the seeds bigbags once they are unloaded from the seeder. I mean, if you would have different seeds, you would need to bring the new ones to the seeder and store the unloaded ones.
Would be interesting to see, how long you proceed to do so.
Yeah, that's pretty much the way I've been playing. I try to play as realistic as I can for now. I thought with the unloading of seeds, that was how is was supposed to be before planting a different crop? I just kind of thought I share my thoughts about the grain specific bins since I was already pondering my thoughts about the idea of the bins of a smaller size. Or the bins that didn't have a pit nor elevated legs to fill tippers. A lot of the big farmers and our farm always had to fill our bins with an anger. I know the in game only has the belt super systems which is fine. There would just have to be a variety of sizes made to accommodate the size of bin. Like there could be a 15k-75k bin pack. With maybe a few color choices to grain specifics. I had wondered this a year ago while playing FS17. I know not all farmers can afford a grain bin. On New Woodshire I still don't have a bin set up yet. I just dump in a shed then wait for grain prices to rise before selling. But to each his own.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Eische wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 9:33 am

The Hof Bergmann map that release this weekend from LS Mod Company has silos around the farm and map that only hold one filltype at a time, and can be loaded by the player using the Silo Tipper that they provide with the map download. I do like that as a concept, especially when some of the placement seems tailored to certain things, like one being near an animal pen, would suggest you may for convenience want to store one of it's food crops in there for easy access. Other silos around the farm, may tempt you to use them for storing seed, fertiliser or lime maybe. I definitely like this function, especially with more maps and more mods coming out offering the production features. Kind of nice to have individual silos we can then store what we produce in.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

Some small cheaper silos that hold only one crop type at a time and need an auger would be excellent for realism, yes please
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
kintino

Post by kintino »

Tylercheesey1986 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 1:42 pm Some small cheaper silos that hold only one crop type at a time and need an auger would be excellent for realism, yes please
That would be very interesting.

a beast question I do not know if it has already been discussed somewhere else or someone has already tested, is it possible to remove seeds from the silo and put directly into a planter?
Attack Wave

Post by Attack Wave »

I only use the ingame grain bins that are already on the maps, I used to like buying extra silos from the store, however with FS19, whenever I do so, it creates a mountain regardless if the ground is flat or not.
PS4 Gamer. Currently Playing in the Yukon whilst back to Gold Mining.

PS4: Karatekid_30

Go pro or go home *thumbsup*
Guil

Post by Guil »

cwattyeso wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 1:07 pm

The Hof Bergmann map that release this weekend from LS Mod Company has silos around the farm and map that only hold one filltype at a time, and can be loaded by the player using the Silo Tipper that they provide with the map download.
Don't suppose you have a link? I've tried searching but can't find it.
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

Guil wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:49 pm
Here is a link for Hof Bergmann:
https://www.lsfarming-mods.com/news/

LS-Modcompany has nothing to do with the map. It was made by Farmer_Andy.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Thanks for the link.
Guil

Post by Guil »

wiseguy49 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:02 am
Guil wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:49 pm
Here is a link for Hof Bergmann:
https://www.lsfarming-mods.com/news/

LS-Modcompany has nothing to do with the map. It was made by Farmer_Andy.
Do you need to register to download or am I blind haha.
Nevermind, I registered and got the link.