#StopThePayWall

Stevo0114

Re: #StopThePayWall

Post by Stevo0114 »

Attack Wave wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 10:46 pm
Stevo0114 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 10:57 am As it says on most of these said donations it is exactly that I feel it's up to who ever decides to donate nobody is being forced into donating, I have personally donated just as a Thank you for all the hard work certain modders do! I don't think it's unreasonable to pay a one off payment to say Thank you for all the mods which make the game have longevety!! personally keeps me interested in the game.
What i don't agree with are the you tube site users that are playing fs who aren't modders I don't understand why anyone would pay to watch people playing farming sim not naming any names but I watched a stream the other night and indeed there are just playing the game and making a lot of money! They are not adding anything to the game so why! I'm confused :confusednew:
When you watch someone on YouTube, they’re only paid through via ads in the video, along with a certain amount of views.

When you watch someone on Twitch, you can donate at your own discretion.

I only started playing FS17 because I was addicted to watching Daggerwins videos. YouTube is great for business for any games developer, it’s free advertisement.
Yes as I have already said I didn't understand I suppose that I was a little rash with my comment makes sense! For me though I would never pay to watch someone play but it's seams that's just me! I think modders deserve a little recognition now and again
Love FS fav tractor Case I h. FS 19 has caught up and is now for me better than fs17
Playing on xbox one x, Thanks to Giants and all modders who make the game great.
Love this community so thanks guys
Lostfarmer6474

Post by Lostfarmer6474 »

Tell it to creators Gift of Caucasian and Golden spike maps. They are selling it for more money then base game . And hiding download number in every download file they sold, so they can catch who is uploading it for free. And then ban that person from downloading updates. They run this from FS 15. Lol.
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

^^ With the scripts that they have and the way its done, I would say its worth every penny.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

But it’s also illegal soooooooooo
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Lostfarmer6474

Post by Lostfarmer6474 »

wiseguy49 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 2:21 am ^^ With the scripts that they have and the way its done, I would say its worth every penny.
But without base game their mod is useless. They are milking Giants creation. One thing if they had " donation" button and other thing if they sell map and extra vehicle packs.
What will you say if course play was sold for 30 bucks for FS 15, then again for FS 17 and 19?
Let' s say you wrote a book. And opened web site for people to post a pictures and creations based on your book. But I did not like part of your book, so I changed ending and started to sell it by myself. And then I will claim on my web site your book is not good. And my book is soo much better. It is exactly what they are doing.
Arrancar88

Post by Arrancar88 »

People actually pay for mods? damn.
PC Steam
Farming since FS2009 :hi:
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Ya its pretty messed up tbh
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
MFPaul_J

Post by MFPaul_J »

johnb32xq wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 6:13 pm
Stegei wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 11:43 am Putting a mod behind a pay wall (i.e. a player needs to pay money in order to get access to the mod) is a clear violation of our T&C and we are strictly against this. It doesn't matter if you call it buying the mod or try to name it "donation" while it is not a true donation.

Real donations or ads on the website is a different story. While it is technically not allowed by the T&C if it happens in the context of the distribution of the mod, we currently don't try to enforce this as long as it is done in a "non-commercial" way that is also not affecting the user experience.

Showing the game on Youtube/Twitch etc. is again a different story. For those cases we explicitly allow the monetisation, see https://farming-simulator.com/youtube.php
I love how you guys are enforcing this but i doubt it will stop JHHG from posting his mods on uploaded and making money from them, ontop of his dontions for “tester” now if giants did something about that it would probably make the community a better place
Hopefully, they do something about it.. But chances of that I guess are fairly slim :hmm:
asyvan

Post by asyvan »

Lostfarmer6474 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 2:13 am Tell it to creators Gift of Caucasian and Golden spike maps. They are selling it for more money then base game . And hiding download number in every download file they sold, so they can catch who is uploading it for free. And then ban that person from downloading updates. They run this from FS 15. Lol.
I am googling these maps and find them for download easily for FS17 and FS15.
Are you saying they charge for these maps on FS19?
Because I can't find anything on Google that this even exists on FS19.
//Jens Ejvinsson
Farming History: FS11, FS13, FS15, FS17, FS19 (Steam)
Logitech G29, Logitech/Saitek Sidepanel, Logitech F710 Wireless gamepad
PC Gamer - "The Silent Beast" i7-7700K @ 5Ghz, GTX 1070 @ 2.1GHz

Case IH Puma CVX With Tracks
Väderstad Rapid A600-800S Seed Drill
Tutorial compilation for FS19 - list of all my How To guides
asyvan

Post by asyvan »

Arrancar88 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 11:02 am People actually pay for mods? damn.
To be honest, I was suprised as well... I had no idea people sold mods, and that some actually pay for them.
I mean, sure... many sites use suspicious advertising and you need a good antivirus software but for me as a user it's still free.
//Jens Ejvinsson
Farming History: FS11, FS13, FS15, FS17, FS19 (Steam)
Logitech G29, Logitech/Saitek Sidepanel, Logitech F710 Wireless gamepad
PC Gamer - "The Silent Beast" i7-7700K @ 5Ghz, GTX 1070 @ 2.1GHz

Case IH Puma CVX With Tracks
Väderstad Rapid A600-800S Seed Drill
Tutorial compilation for FS19 - list of all my How To guides
Lostfarmer6474

Post by Lostfarmer6474 »

asyvan wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 7:53 pm
Lostfarmer6474 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 2:13 am Tell it to creators Gift of Caucasian and Golden spike maps. They are selling it for more money then base game . And hiding download number in every download file they sold, so they can catch who is uploading it for free. And then ban that person from downloading updates. They run this from FS 15. Lol.
I am googling these maps and find them for download easily for FS17 and FS15.
Are you saying they charge for these maps on FS19?
Because I can't find anything on Google that this even exists on FS19.
Gift of Caucasian was made for fs15 and 17.You can not download final version for free.What you can find for download is not final version.Because person who paid money for it and uploaded it can not get updates any more.
Golden spike was done for fs17. You can find only work in progress version for free download. If you have free final version download link , you are wellcome to share with us.
They are talking about Golden spike for fs19.And gullible people will pay 30 bucks or more for it.
And whole thing is ironic, because they have a lot of customers who got FS for " free" but they are upset if someone wants their map for free.
Mattharv

Post by Mattharv »

Giants needs to better compsante modders for their work and make the testing process easier for them to draw more of them to modhub and not all these shadey 3rd party sites and paywalls
Tomazius96

Post by Tomazius96 »

Good point @Mattharv. Releasing mods on official ModHub should be made more atractive, rewarding and easier for modders. That way could profit all three sides, modders, players and Giants.
For example for how make it more atractive for modders: make something like a little competition every 3 months, where players can vote for 3 best modders or mods, and authors would get a small rewards, like a Headset, a pair of speakers or shirts and merchandise from agriculture manufacturers etc.
There is deffinetly quite some room for improvements.
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

Pretty sure the kind of people asking for money or donations for their mods aren’t going to send them to modhub to get a headset or T-shirt’s lol.
Giants do pay modders based on the ratings they get I think. It’s just they probably get a lot more by fishing for donations etc via fb and other media.
Personally I’d never donate to get a tractor or combine. Plenty of them ingame. But for modders like Stevie I would. He makes superb maps and equipment packs that are top quality.
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
Tomazius96

Post by Tomazius96 »

:wink3: It was just suggestion. Reward could be anything, PC components or even money as you said. Just to atract more people to release mods officialy. But at the end all depends on sposors and how much money Giants wants to invest in this.

Maybe @O5-Chris could explain us how the reward system works nowadays.