#StopThePayWall

eric21

Re: #StopThePayWall

Post by eric21 »

I know before modders got paid to upload mods on the modhub
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Goose66 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:48 am But for modders like Stevie I would. He makes superb maps and equipment packs that are top quality.
Stevie is great in expanding the base equipment and his maps are great too

There is a FB group that i am a member of and i have actually DONATED a few bob here and there and i will continue to do it regardless of what is said.

*thumbsup*
the big print giveth the small print taketh
Karel Neumaier

Post by Karel Neumaier »

There are several modders in the Czech Republic who ask for money for modifications to Farming Simulator and that is enriching for Giants Software.

Giants should devise some compensation for those modders who make modifications to their games and not to make the modders themselves to determine whether they give it for free or not. Giants Editor should be paid by subscription, modeled on Zmodeler, and all modifications should be certified by Giants.
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

Karel, every modder that uploads mods to the official Modhub gets compensation...

and BreadedVirus, donations are not payments -.-
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
OlavEmil

Post by OlavEmil »

Karel Neumaier wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:49 pmGiants should devise some compensation for those modders who make modifications to their games and not to make the modders themselves to determine whether they give it for free or not.
They do. Modders who feel their mods are good enough to make money off, are free (and encouraged) to upload them to the official ModHub. Here Giants will provide a small pay to the modder, while hosting the mod for free to the players.

Modders are not allowed to charge players for any mods based on the work of Giants Software (so, any mod for FS).
Karel Neumaier

Post by Karel Neumaier »

Alagos wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:50 pm Karel, every modder that uploads mods to the official Modhub gets compensation...

and BreadedVirus, donations are not payments -.-
Donate is donate. There are modellers who sell directly for a specific amount of modification.
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

ah, but there's a difference. There r enough private 'modders' that buy their models. But they don't actually buy/sell mods
Buying/selling models has nothing to do with this =)

>>Rules<<
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

And the reason why those models aren't distributed on the likes of ModHub or any other sharing site is because of copyright and tight licensing agreements between the modeller and the modder (or company for that matter).

To find a model or hire someone to make a model and then buy the right for commercial or distribution rights for it would cost more money that any individual would want to pay, but getting something with a non-commercial license for private use only can be relatively cheap.

One of the big negatives is that a lot of people in this community take 'pride' in showing off such mods and edits that only they have access to. It was a prickly subject on FS-UK where at one point probably 50%+ images shared on the front page were private mods or edits, posted purely with the purpose of winding up other members, so much so we started limiting or removing those posts.
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

this_is_gav wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:53 am One of the big negatives is that a lot of people in this community take 'pride' in showing off such mods and edits that only they have access to. It was a prickly subject on FS-UK where at one point probably 50%+ images shared on the front page were private mods or edits, posted purely with the purpose of winding up other members, so much so we started limiting or removing those posts.
Personally, I've left various FB groups because of screenshots with private mods.
Derplodactyl

Post by Derplodactyl »

george.earlslight wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:32 am
this_is_gav wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:53 am One of the big negatives is that a lot of people in this community take 'pride' in showing off such mods and edits that only they have access to. It was a prickly subject on FS-UK where at one point probably 50%+ images shared on the front page were private mods or edits, posted purely with the purpose of winding up other members, so much so we started limiting or removing those posts.
Personally, I've left various FB groups because of screenshots with private mods.
Honestly, I'm all for private mods. If spent X amount of money for a model and spent your own time getting it in game then good on you. :)

However, there are some individuals who are known for going "look at this", parading 400 pictures of it, then laughing and mocking when someone asks totally innocently whether that mod may be released.
- James G | Derplodactyl (The Jaggler)
- Giants Ambassador 🇬🇧
- PC & Xbox One

PC Specs:
-AsRock B550M Extreme4 Steel Legend
-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
-EVGA RTX 3080Ti XC3 Ultra
-Corsair 32GB DDR4 @3600MHz
-1TB Samsung 970 Evo Pro M.2 + 256gb NVMe Storage
JFreitas

Post by JFreitas »

Alagos wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:07 pm ah, but there's a difference. There r enough private 'modders' that buy their models. But they don't actually buy/sell mods
Buying/selling models has nothing to do with this =)
how can I report these modders with pay walls to release mods
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

Freitas, you can report them to Giants by mail using abuse@giants-software.com

>>Rules<<
Guil

Post by Guil »

Alagos wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:34 pm Freitas, you can report them to Giants by mail using support@giants-software.com
It's abuse@giants-software.com :mrgreen:
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

Gonna sit here and hide

>>Rules<<
Guil

Post by Guil »

:lol: :lol: :hi: