Latest update (18th May 2019) for FS19 on PS4

cedricthecat

Latest update (18th May 2019) for FS19 on PS4

Post by cedricthecat »

Forgive me if I'm missing a post on this, but I have looked, honest!

Anyway, it might be just my imagination, but ever since this downloaded and installed, the frame rate seems to have been affected, with noticeable flickering at pretty much random times whilst playing on Felsbrunn - sometimes when using a huge plough, sometimes when there's a lot of bales lying around (reminds me of FS13!) and sometimes just when moving the camera angle over a recently harvested field

Has anyone else noticed this? If so, and the patch has affected the visuals, can anything be done to improve things? Can I uninstall it without losing my game?

Thanks for looking! :)
Played FS2013 and FS15 on PS3
Playing FS17, FS19 and now FS22 on PS4
Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net
RogsR35UK

Re: Latest update (18th May 2019) for FS19 on PS4

Post by RogsR35UK »

I deposited a large number of unwanted trees off a cliff on Giants Island. If I get close to them the frame rate drops noticeably.
Stevo0114

Post by Stevo0114 »

Those trees will be slowing your frames as each one is kinda like having loads if bales you need to get rid of them completely then your frame rate will go back to normal I'm no expert just what I have found in the past
Love FS fav tractor Case I h. FS 19 has caught up and is now for me better than fs17
Playing on xbox one x, Thanks to Giants and all modders who make the game great.
Love this community so thanks guys
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Trees are a huge framerate killer in this game. The new graphics & lighting updates in FS19 really works overtime on and around trees and as such they really can be a performance drain, not just for console players but also for PC players. I notice on maps where author's have placed larged forestry areas, the second you go anywhere near them the framerate and performance of the game starts to suffer. On some maps where author's have really gone crazy with the trees that frame drop can be severe. On the Emerald Coast Map for example, the huge forestry area at the top of the map near your starting farm kills the framerate by about half. So when you in that area or at your farm you're only getting about 30FPS on a good spec PC, so anyone running minimum requirements or mid-spec must really suffer.

As far as the last patch for Console so and to reply to the topic creator. You can't uninstall the patch as it was a functional needed patch to ensure the Holmer DLC which released at same time works in the game. There was a post about it here on the English Forum, it may be a page or two back now as it got locked pretty quickly after it was answered. It was also apparently discussed on the German forum. So the patch should not having done anything to effect the games performance, as it didn't patch or change anything with the game except to allow proper registry and functionality if you download and use the Holmer Pack.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Deora

Post by Deora »

I’ve noticed the same on Ravenport yesterday. And i don’t even have bales or trees lying around.
FS19 and FS22 on PS4
cedricthecat

Post by cedricthecat »

Odd thing with the bales is they seem to be affecting things if there's, say, 10 or so lying around and not all "in shot" at the same time, but not having slowing things if I drive past 4 stacks of 16 (so 64 in total)!

Thanks cwattyeso for the info on the update being related to the Holmer DLC. TBH, it would be annoying if that did affect things, as I don't have that DLC!
Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Wait, there was an update?
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

redglasses wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 2:24 pm Wait, there was an update?
Only relating to the holmer dlc. Apparently some minor changes needed to be done to the programming for it to work.
kintino

Post by kintino »

I was skeptical that the trees were responsible for knocking down the frames but this happens in a few cases where they are very close to each other and not the case of the base maps of the Giants, what I noticed yesterday is that the bales are knocking over my frames, was only to stuff 24 bales together in the headquarters of my farm that I start to have problems.
cedricthecat

Post by cedricthecat »

After a little more "research" it seems that picking up straw with a loading wagon was the main culprit for me

When it gets more or less full it's definitely causing issues with the frame rate. This was happening with the two largest standard loaders (ie, not mods). Now I know what's been doing it, I'm less worried as I can just avoid too much straw collecting!
Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net