Pacific northwest

Cyber_Farmer

Re: Pacific northwest

Post by Cyber_Farmer »

I purchased the pine forest in very southeast corner of map and sold timber (very lucrative), then built my farm there. Did not have to destroy any fields to build a nice farm and made enough from logs to purchase lots of land. Lots of work but well worth it!
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

For console maybe, i dunno... but for pc there is a save backup folder... you can easily revert to a differnt save.
PC gamer.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

Riven326 wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:12 pm Loaded up my game yesterday and it was frozen. I could see the map but everything was kind of dark. Unable to do anything except bring up the menu and swap vehicles. I'm going to try it again today and disable all mods and see if that works.

Just wanted to let the modder who made this know of a potential bug with the map. I'll post an update later.
This is definitely a bug with the "More Trees" mod. If you place one of those trees then remove it (and then hit save), next time you load that save it'll be frozen and most of your placeables and the sell points will be gone. I tried this tonight with a fresh Ravenport save and only the more trees mod installed and had exactly the issues you described above. I've had this issue wipe out a 40 hour save on Marwell Manor.
BullFarmer

Post by BullFarmer »

The biggest challenge I am finding with this map at the moment, is choosing the right equipment.
I am 32hrs in now and own 8 fields up the top of the hill (some joined together and expanded), while still doing plenty of contracts on the lower part of the map.

Obviously I want the biggest machinery for those contracts on big fields, but the trade off is that I need to be able to fit that machinery up the road to the top of the hill again to harvest and plant my own fields again!

Also with large seeders and planters, they also require far more power to pull them on fields with hills, especially steep fields such as 1 & 2!

Business is profitable though, especially fertiliser and harvesting missions on the big fields.
Playing on PS4 and PC.
I7 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, GTX960 2Gb graphics.

Farmer/tractor driver in real life.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

BullFarmer wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:26 pm The biggest challenge I am finding with this map at the moment, is choosing the right equipment.
I'm about 60 hours in now and still have the 6135 that I started with, although it doesn't get in the field much anymore, mostly used for frontloader work. I have an 8295R that pulls a planter, sprayer, and grain cart. I just bought a Big Bud 450 to do my tillage work with; lots of fun to get that beast up and down the hill with duals on. I still have the T560 but looking to get into a bigger combine soon. Right now I'm putting in cotton for the first time since I bought the game.

I keep grinding away and buying a little more land every harvest. The fertilizer contracts are amazing! I try to do all of them that pop up in the southern half of the map. Loving this map.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

Ritchie wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:42 pm
Riven326 wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:12 pm Loaded up my game yesterday and it was frozen. I could see the map but everything was kind of dark. Unable to do anything except bring up the menu and swap vehicles. I'm going to try it again today and disable all mods and see if that works.

Just wanted to let the modder who made this know of a potential bug with the map. I'll post an update later.
This is definitely a bug with the "More Trees" mod. If you place one of those trees then remove it (and then hit save), next time you load that save it'll be frozen and most of your placeables and the sell points will be gone. I tried this tonight with a fresh Ravenport save and only the more trees mod installed and had exactly the issues you described above. I've had this issue wipe out a 40 hour save on Marwell Manor.
Thanks for the confirmation. It's very frustrating indeed. The maker of the more trees mod should add a warning in the description or it should be taken down entirely.
Jonhinkerton

Post by Jonhinkerton »

I know I am late to the party but I just wanted to say how much I love this map. It offers so many possibilities and just plays great. The ability to sell from the train is brilliant as well. I even almost enjoy the tetris puzzle that is getting equipment through town from the store. Thank you for making it epideath.
GracieTacey

Post by GracieTacey »

Is there a alt version with the cobblestone walls from the 17 version?
mike33s

Post by mike33s »

I'm really enjoying the map so thank you to the map maker. I've setup my farm on field 22 (buildings + green houses and cattle pastures). I've bought fields and grouped them to make them as large as possible up on the top level. Fields 8-9, 10-12, 20-21 and I also own 17,18,22-24. I think collectively I'm farming somewhere around 50 hectares. Anyway I had a couple of questions. I really enjoy the challenge of the hills up on the top section.

One question / observation. Silage doesn't seem to be very profitable at all on this map. The maximum price I've seen with seasons mod running is ~$120 / 1000L. Is this normal for this map? It seems a bit underwhelming when comparing it to past experiences with seasons / silage. I don't currently own the BGA so perhaps that would change if I did.
FarmDemAcres

Post by FarmDemAcres »

Don't have seasons, but if you buy bga prices for silage on normal are average at $360. I have seen it as high as $400/1kl. If you buy and sell at bga the limiting factor is the biogas processing time, which is roughly 10l/sec. At average prices you can realize about $311,000 per day if you run it non stop. This is about 18 ha of corn -> chaff per day or thereabouts.
Bhcc

Post by Bhcc »

After an update the oil puddles look more like real mud puddles. It has been corrected. Needs to be done on Welker Farms.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

ok I made it through a bunch of pages looking before I gave up and figured I would just ask.. is there any way to get water on this map? my tanker is gonna need filling for tmmw morning but idk where to get it.. there seem to be no roads (that I can find) that safely lead down to the river and neither of the giant water towers seem to give water (I mean.. they wouldn't but it was worth a shot).. I am sure im overlooking something.. please.. my sheep need your help! lol

EDIT - I found it while doing a contract.. there is a lil tank north of field 20 just to the west of the gas station
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick