Giants: Please add place anywhere

Raelik

Re: Giants: Please add place anywhere

Post by Raelik »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:48 am If there have been issues with this mod breaking the game on pc I doubt very much if they will add it. The reason behind the stricter rules for consoles, no external scripts, memory management etc is because Sony & Microsoft want games on their systems to work.

I can imagine how it would go if it came to light that giants released something they knew had the potential to cause issues.

It’s all well and good saying players can take responsibility for using it but I think it’s a case of their platforms, their rules.

And this is coming from a console player who would like the freedom to ‘place anywhere’
Um, so why do we have Bethesda games on the market which have been released?

And the mods which are used on both Fallout and Elder Scrolls?

And for that matter, Bethesda modded games have scripted mods too. So how is this ANYTHING to do with the console developer? It is 100% to do with the game developer. You're all fooled.
Michael5941

Post by Michael5941 »

Raelik wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:31 pm
Rasping rabbit wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:48 am If there have been issues with this mod breaking the game on pc I doubt very much if they will add it. The reason behind the stricter rules for consoles, no external scripts, memory management etc is because Sony & Microsoft want games on their systems to work.

I can imagine how it would go if it came to light that giants released something they knew had the potential to cause issues.

It’s all well and good saying players can take responsibility for using it but I think it’s a case of their platforms, their rules.

And this is coming from a console player who would like the freedom to ‘place anywhere’
Um, so why do we have Bethesda games on the market which have been released?

And the mods which are used on both Fallout and Elder Scrolls?

And for that matter, Bethesda modded games have scripted mods too. So how is this ANYTHING to do with the console developer? It is 100% to do with the game developer. You're all fooled.
Ah no it is the console developer, when mods released on PlayStation Sony said no external scripts (can't speak for Xbox) Fallout 4 and skyrim does not have scripted mods unless if you buy them from the creation club. I know for a fact fallout 4 doesn't allow scripted mods as I submitted a request for the first time on that game then was told it wasn't possible due to scripts that's where I learned about the limitations set by Sony and it's been that way since fallout 4 got mods and why million of modders post in their description that they had to find a work around for the mod due to these restrictions and Sony not allowing scripts. I belive it a little less tight for Microsoft on fallout 4. Point being is Giants did not put these restrictions on consoles Sony/Microsoft did and if you believe other wise you are the one who's been fooled.
PS4 User(PSN- LoneWolf5841)
Enjoying FS19 on PS4
Thanks to the modders for the wonderful work they do, Happy Farming :hi:
Vfarms

Post by Vfarms »

What I can't stand is the ground deformation. I don't wanna drive up a hill to put my equipment in a shed.
This is the most fun you're ever gonna have

Xbox series x
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

It would seem, there are certainly larger factors at play as to why they wont add this right now.. Idk if they will add place anywhere to 21 but I would certainly expect to see some nice polish added to the current system or a complete overhaul.. but come on everyone.. we all know they arent going to retool the whole system in the middle of the life cycle of 19, especially if there are factors that would greatly affect other areas of the game.. If I were to guess, I would say that the limitation is with the ground leveling system.. I think if they were to take this system out, the buildings could be placed much closer without the need for place anywhere.. I know people have this problem on flat ground, but from everything I have seen using and not using the mod, the buildings are prepared for the terrain adjustment regardless.. its the building "footprint" fighting with the terrain auto adjust.. I think the "simple" solution would be to just remove the auto leveling and let us level our own ground.. I havent liked the auto level thing since day one and I dont give it the chance.. I always level my areas myself.. sure.. my farms look a lil bit.... flat.. but I dont have silly issues in most cases
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

It seems generally better to level the ground before placing an object or building. You're kind of fighting the system otherwise.
PhillipOntacos

Post by PhillipOntacos »

Literally signed up just to add my .02c to this post as well.. Trying to build a farm is infuriating to say the least! Something needs to done, but clearly they dont want to address the issue that so many people are experiencing.
I too get buildings in red in the middle open areas, or the game saying the ground is too deformed even though I've completely flattened the field.
ADD the Place Anywhere mod, or as mentioned by another, at least SHOW US where the collision is or highlight the perimeter of the placeables so we know what we have to work with.. tired of seeing placeable in red more than green! *thumbsdown*
Sooiee

Post by Sooiee »

PLEASE
Zieb

Post by Zieb »

I want to add my vote for this mod *thumbsup*
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

I'm waiting on the update so global company and place anywhere can play nice with each other,bearly used place anywhere as I have to disable GC.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Or just use the place anywhere on the global company mod.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

livesea72 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:22 pm I'm waiting on the update so global company and place anywhere can play nice with each other,bearly used place anywhere as I have to disable GC.
As lllinois said, global company has a built in place anywhere. Just activate in gc menu.
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
FSarndrone

Post by FSarndrone »

While you are talking about GC, how do you cut bales with it ?
I love multiplayer :mrgreen: and John Deere :coolnew:
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

Activate cut bales in gc menu, and in front of a bale right mouse click shreds it
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
FSarndrone

Post by FSarndrone »

Goose66 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:54 pm Activate cut bales in gc menu, and in front of a bale right mouse click shreds it
That didn’t work when I tried it
I love multiplayer :mrgreen: and John Deere :coolnew:
sittinhere

Post by sittinhere »

Michael5941 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:45 pm Ah no it is the console developer, when mods released on PlayStation Sony said no external scripts (can't speak for Xbox) Fallout 4 and skyrim does not have scripted mods unless if you buy them from the creation club. I know for a fact fallout 4 doesn't allow scripted mods as I submitted a request for the first time on that game then was told it wasn't possible due to scripts that's where I learned about the limitations set by Sony and it's been that way since fallout 4 got mods and why million of modders post in their description that they had to find a work around for the mod due to these restrictions and Sony not allowing scripts. I belive it a little less tight for Microsoft on fallout 4. Point being is Giants did not put these restrictions on consoles Sony/Microsoft did and if you believe other wise you are the one who's been fooled.
So speaking for Xbox, Xbox does allow scripted mods example is both fallout 4 and Skyrim are littered with scripted mods. Reason why most people prefer to play those games on Xbox because of that reason