2 things i would like some opinions and answers on.

Eische

Re: 2 things i would like some opinions and answers on.

Post by Eische »

Arrancar88 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:09 pm That 1 mil. really helped at the start. Since there isn't anything now, that pays well without investing huge amount of time. Jobs are literally pointless to do, they pay like nothing for the time invested, besides fertilizing(but you gotta have best equipment).
Are you aware of this mod?
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019

You can place it without any costs and it will give you between 80000 and 150000$ per hour depending on your difficulty setting.
Once you got enough money, simply "sell" it.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

But isn't that cheating? It's basically money for nothing and chicks for free, sounds like a Dire Straits song. At least with the Gold Nuggets you had to get off your backside and explore the map to get the
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
OlavEmil

Post by OlavEmil »

cwattyeso: What you are describing is not sales, but used equipment. That is a whole different feature that would be nice to have, but sales is simply dealers reducing the price of their inventory for a given period of time to boost their sales. The items sold are exactly the same as they would sell outside of the sale period.

IceUul: First, sales in FS17 worked (roughly) as they would in real life. Sales is the exception, not the rule, and if you want to base your buys on sales, you have to adapt to the sales availiable, not the other way around. Saying that sales doesn't work because they aren't aroud when you need them, is looking at it the wrong way.

Second, sales would normally be brand specific. It will often be the producer that arranges the sales, to promote their product. If the brand that is on sale is not the one you wanted, tough luck.

Finally, you don't buy items on sale to make money by selling them back to the dealer once the sale is over.

In general, I see lots of people who believe sales is / should be simply a way to get all equipment cheaper than they actually are, whenever they need it. If that is what you want, simply get a mod that lowers the prices overall. I can also see why people don't see the point in sales if that is what they believe sales is. Sales is randomly appearing lower prices on random equipment, because the producer wants it to be. From there, it is up to the buyer to decide if the particular sale is worth using, or on the other side of things, if a particular equipment is uncritical enough that you can live without it until an eventual sale appears.
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

If you want money...borrow it, you can borrow up to 3 MILLION DOLLARS! And intrest rate is only 8000$ per day.
Lot of people in real life use goverment subsidy and loans to cover the expenses. Seems realistic enough?
Guitarman

Post by Guitarman »

Whilst we're rolling, anyone remember land auctions in fs13?

That's a featured I've missed since it was removed (can't remember now if it was in fs15 or not?). It helped so what with expanding to somewhat larger fields sooner. But more importantly I ended up buying fields I wouldn't even have considered otherwise as it was too good an opportunity to pass up. Which took me all over the map.
Optimist: Glass is half full
Pessimist: Glass is half empty

Engineer: The glass is twice the size it needs to be!

PC Specs (upgraded at last!): Acer Orion 3000; i5-8400, 8Gb Ram, GTX 1050ti, Intel Optane 16gb
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

^^Ya those auctions were lit, and so well implemented. I really wish they would bring them back, it would be sooo good with the new land system, especially on logging maps.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I haven't missed either nuggets or equipment sales, personally. Now, the land auctions on the other hand... That was one of the few times it made sense to buy land that wasn't directly attached to your farm. Adds to the "narrative".

Come to think of it, there were a lot of nice features that added to the "realismishness" of the game. These come to mind:
-equipment sales
-land auctions
-the missions where "so and so needs x amount of _____" and you could only participate if you had said product in your silos
-great demands that actually paid more money
-rain

Something I think the game has been missing for a long time is used equipment. Of course we sort of have that in certain mods, but I'd like to buy high-hour equipment for less money. Maybe they require more frequent maintenance, the paint is faded, or don't make their peak horsepower anymore but they're much cheaper than buying new. Anyway, I'm getting off topic.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

Land auctions I would like to see return as well as the pda from 13 it was useful and not as clunky as 19 menus.also the 7 day forcast was useful for planting and harvesting.todays weather forecast are pretty accurate and you could add different variables to change things up. Guess I'll wait for seasons to get something close to that.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

they could have "used" random items for sale often that come with a random amount of hours on that influences their price and also running cost per hour (vs a new item) it could also devalue a greater amount, being you are the "second owner", and you could perhaps exclude it from the from the +20% at the dealer upon selling it too.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
Jagtractor

Post by Jagtractor »

Bring back Field actions (fs13) please
I loved that feature. it made me buy land that I wouldn't normally buy and made me be a realistic farmer with fields spread out throughout the country. If I have to pay top dollar for every single field then I will always pick the closest field (naturally). The field auctions made me explore the map more and the deals were so good that you couldn't ignore the change of getting more land. It also had the side effect of make me save my money more, as a field auction was random and you always wanted cash on hand to be able to purchase it. I am usually almost always broke while playing now with no real reason so save up (aside from the obvious)
PC and PS4 Pro
been playing on pc lately.
Arrancar88

Post by Arrancar88 »

Eische wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:14 pm
Arrancar88 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:09 pm That 1 mil. really helped at the start. Since there isn't anything now, that pays well without investing huge amount of time. Jobs are literally pointless to do, they pay like nothing for the time invested, besides fertilizing(but you gotta have best equipment).
Are you aware of this mod?
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019

You can place it without any costs and it will give you between 80000 and 150000$ per hour depending on your difficulty setting.
Once you got enough money, simply "sell" it.
Yeah I was actually using it, but I modified it to give me 5k per hour.
PC Steam
Farming since FS2009 :hi:
Cad_dao

Post by Cad_dao »

Hi,

First, sales aren't missing me much cause they were too rare and random to have a real efficiency in the game. More game functions/mechanics should be worked on before bringing that one back to my eye. So it's no for me to get it back.

Second, gold nuggets were good in the way they were allowing players to explore their map. It was easy money also. But this extra money remove the fun from building for groud your farm. In that case, you could just use Government Subsidy to get the cash you need. No one play same way so I can understand it for money it bring in. But I don't need those nuggets back for myself as I already explore every maps I play on at first, then later using horses while training them.

So, for myself, I don't need any of those two back in game as I like start from ground and own everything from hard work. They don't miss me the way I play FS19, but that's my way, not everyone's way.

Regards!
FS 17 & 19 on XBOX one
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

As you guys know, i buy and replace, but as a couple people said, finding gold nuggets was a way to explore, now it kinda seems useless, but as i said in my first post, i list some choices, instead of nuggets, how about some old antique stuff you find around a farm, and once you found them all, you get those choices to chose from. But everyone made some good points, i honestly have no idea how vehicle and/or equipment sales work, i see case ih or something on sale, im there.
Farmer216

Post by Farmer216 »

My opinions:

SALES: I didn't really "miss" them on FS19 but did like them on FS17. I play legit and enjoy the grind it takes to make it big.
I roleplay my character, and 10% off lets me get an upgraded tractor for the price of the base model. SOLD!

NUGGETS: I hated this feature. Why would there be gold laying around? It made no sense.
I would try not to pick them up. Many times it worked for awhile but sometimes you accidently find one here or there. After the 10th one the whole map was ruined with little dots you could not turn off.
People will say that this free million dollars helped out. Simple fix: Use a money cheat (subsidy sign or multiplayer glitch).
The kind of person who relies on free money will be ok using a cheat to get it.

To BigC92 ~ Filling farm silos for free? No, that makes no sense. Free equipment/vehicles? No, just use a money cheat and buy it yourself.

Someone mentioned nuggets as a way for people to explore the map. I don't think you should have to trick people into exploring.
People who just want the money can use a cheat. People who like to explore can do so just for the fun of it.

Someone said the missions were a waste of time. I think the missions are MUCH better than FS17. I seldom bothered with missions on FS17, on FS19 I almost always have one going. Usually the hired help is doing most of the work. But that is kind of what a contractor does IRL.
I play on Xbox3 (Which they called the "One" for some reason)
Addicted to Farm Sim since: 6-26-2k17
FS17@ 5,336hrs ~ FS19@ 3377hrs (updated 2.18.21)
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Why use a money cheat, that's not playing it real, and as i said choices, you have any ideas, feel free to post them. You know in fs13 you got million, fs15 you got your silos filled, in fs17 you got million, im not gonna look for whatever and get nothing in return, i like having to look for something, it makes you explore.