Lime pallets weight

FarmerJDC

Lime pallets weight

Post by FarmerJDC »

Can someone please explain to me how a 2000 liter pallet of lime is heavier than 2 4000 liter bales. I pick up pallets with a skid steer or a tractor and the lime pallets top the skid steer over after barely lifting the pallet but I can take 2 hay bales on a fork on the skid steer and it barely even leans forwards. Same thing with tractors i cant be the only one whos noticed this
TheWittyGinger

Re: Lime pallets weight

Post by TheWittyGinger »

I believe the liters is a measurement of volume not weight. For example 2000 liters of feathers vs gold.
bluecoller81

Post by bluecoller81 »

2000 liters of lime is nearly 6 tons (11,953.5 lbs to be exact). Hay bales average between 1500 and 1800 lbs a bale. (Straw is bout 1200lbs). So it would take 6-8 hay bales to equal a pallet of lime
FarmerJDC

Post by FarmerJDC »

Sadly. I thought about the whole science of volume midway thru the post but decided to keep going bc I was frustrated. This could be averted if theyd allow measurements of weight such as pounds and KGs. But theyre determined to stay with liters no matter what it is. Lol call me dumb I wont be mad
bluecoller81

Post by bluecoller81 »

Ill agree. I think it would be nice to be able to switch to lbs and bushels. Big step to go from hectacres to acres finally.
Guil

Post by Guil »

It's much easier to have everything measured by volume and not weight. Everything in the game has a predefined weight, I'd imagine it would become far too confusing for some people wondering why the same trailer can take different amounts of materials or crops based on the weight.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

I wish the lime pallets were 1000l like the rest of the in game pallets. It would be a pain but if you have a bigger loader you can use the bag and lifter pack.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

I would have more of an issue with storing of them than lifting them. Each pallet uses 1 slot and if you have a lot of them together it can cause lag. And you do seem to need a lot of lime for a decent sized field.
Eische

Post by Eische »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:39 pm I would have more of an issue with storing of them than lifting them. Each pallet uses 1 slot and if you have a lot of them together it can cause lag. And you do seem to need a lot of lime for a decent sized field.
- You could use this mod: https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... _id=118989
- Those lime stations are also available on some (all?) maps.
- You need ~6000L lime per hectare.
- You could also by the bigpacks and fill a trailer with them. You can then unload the trailer at your farm and fill your spreader with a loader bucket.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
Psychohate

Post by Psychohate »

I've gotten to where I turn lime off on every map I start now. I remember when I played on Marwell Manor, I had to refill the spreader 6 or 7 times for one of the starting fields. I think that turned me away from using lime. lol
New farmer mode always
Xbox Series x/..... Being kind don't cost a dime
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I just use the lime filling stations. No need for pallets.

But yeah as far as the weight difference, lime is literally crushed rock vs a bale is squeezed together grass. Going to be a big difference in the weight for the same amount of volume.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Bobbydj1980

Post by Bobbydj1980 »

I would love to see an option to convert liters to bushels 😁
Love farming simulator I play on the Xbox series x orangebeach Alabama
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

Bobbydj1980 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:38 pm I would love to see an option to convert liters to bushels 😁
you then have the problem, which bushel do you use, the UK one, the Canadian one, the US federal one or the Winchester one which it's based, or do you use one of the 50 different state bushel, oh and liquids rule out US federal one, the Winchester one and the 50 individual state ones, as they are all dry measure, whereas the imperial ones make no distinction between liquid or dry, then what about modern usage which leans more towards weight rather than volume just to complicate matters.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I'm speaking as an American here, let's just stick with metric. That way everyone is talking about the same thing.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
adammac5858

Post by adammac5858 »

Standard system drives me nuts. Metric is a lot easier, imho. 1000 micrometers to a millimeter, 1000 millimeters to a meter, 1000 meters to a kilometer. Same with liquid measurements.

Easier than cups, gallons, feet, miles. Again. My humble opinion.
FS17 on PS4
FS19 on Xbox Series X.
Xbox: Macdizzle58
Also logging some hours in Flight Simulator
Modders: THANK. YOU.