Kind of a mini survey. A long post to

FarmerJDC

Kind of a mini survey. A long post to

Post by FarmerJDC »

What economy do y'all play on? Ive always played on normal. But now a couple hundred hours into it I kind of want to play on easy but dont bc ive calculated how much I could make if I did set it on easy when I go to sell something and to me its just too fast of progression. And it also seems pointless to store crops bc on easy the prices are always good. Idk I think my mistake was playing on felsbrunn and ravenport in the beginning splitting the time played into 2 maps and I'm not super far into the size of each farm. Now im playing oakfield and a couple others with it along with the 2 base game maps. Should I set it on easy or keep up with the grind so to speak. I think I just got a little too mod map happy. Ive really been waiting on seasons tho bc then it is pretty legit and takes tome to progress. I also restarted my save games after the first big update that fixed the contracts amd weeds etc. So that put me behind some. If you play on easy amd havent cheated money in feel free to say how big your farm is and how many hours you have on it. Sorry for the long essay you'll probably forget the first half when you read to this point. Also in case you are wondering about my hours i have 103:05 on felsbrunn, 103:53 on ravenport, 22:00 on oakfield, 6 on the old farm countryside and 5 on Pacific Northwest. And 3 on marwell which I'm ginna save for seasons mod. Not to mention the 50 or so hours before the first update when I was making squat bc there were no contracts.
GenXFarmer

Re: Kind of a mini survey. A long post to

Post by GenXFarmer »

$999,999,999
No grind here.
Oh, I’m sorry, I thought this was America.
FarmerJDC

Post by FarmerJDC »

Ha good work
Eische

Post by Eische »

I'm always playing with easy economy. The default 60000$/hectare is far too high in my opinion. Combined with the need of buying farm buildings/equipment and with the small starting fields you end up in a horrible grind.
Even on easy you make ~30000$ max per hectare.
I have highest respect for people playing on hard mode and are satisfied with this.

There are two strategies I follow depending on how I want to play. Gladly I'm playing on PC.
- give a certain amount of money to buy more starting fields
- lower the costs per hectare on the map

Currently I'm playing on Old Stream Farm started at NewFarmer mode. I just set the cost per hectare down from 60000 to 15000.
Not cheating anything else. And as you start out with (empty) animal pens and enough starting fields already I'm totally enjoying the game now.
With this setup, the progress is just right for me. I really enjoy optimizing my equipment step by step and buy new land. My goal is to own the whole map. I always have to think what to spent my money on. New field, more animals, new tractor? Sometimes hard decisions, but I'm totally enjoying it.
I should mention that I use the PigBreeding and CattleBreed mods with slightly adjusted values, because I want to use slurry and manure to fertilize my fields in the first stage. With the default animals you just don't get enough without having a ridiculously large number of animals.

That map is small enough that even the starting Fiat tractor is a lot of fun to play with. It was my field workhorse for a long time. You don't need large equipment on that map as fields are relatively small (some can be joined) and distances are very small.

An yes, you are right. The silo is pretty much useless if there are enough sale stations on the map. On this map it is there by default, so I just store a certain amount of crops for the pigs. Rest is sold directly off the field.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

This version, I play on easy.
Like you, I don't store any crops since the great demand from 15 was reworked and ruined imo.
Other versions, I always played hard or normal. But 19 is just not the same feeling. The developers are always removing things from the game, or reworking features, but I guess my enjoyment from the series is just fading. Until it's gone completely, I'll continue to play on easy because I know each session will be short.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I put it on easy,… Ain't no shame in it
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Walrusman02

Post by Walrusman02 »

I actually am the opposite of some of yall. Im playing this series on hard, and have played past games in easy mode. As ive moved up through age and grown up a bit (driving has changed everything lol), i decided that i would take the jump into preforming every task the game can possibly demand of me. I am greatly enjoying it, and am not getting too bored with the “grind”. Easy mode however is extremely fun if you want a more enjoyable experience, however i find hard is more fullfilling to me as i find more pride in the work i put in, much like i do with landscaping irl. My two cents (probably a dime with inflation) and happy farming!
2004 Sierra 1500 SLE 4x4
5.3 vortec w/turbo
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

When I find a map I want to play long term I will put it on hard mode. Until then it’s on normal. With so many maps coming out I want to be able to expand quickly as I know I won’t be sticking to it.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

I play on easy mode. I like progressing through my map quickly to reach my goals within about 100 hours. Once seasons releases I might play on medium mode.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

It used to depend on how much time I wanted to spend on a map if I thought I would be there a while I would do normal if not easy, I was planning on trying felsbrunn on normal but I’ve been so busy with work that I can’t put in the time on my saves like I used to so I might have to start sticking with easy more just so I can make some progress, I play with the mindset to enjoy farming (since I rarely get to in real life) and just relax doing what I want which is usually arable farming as that’s what I’ve grown up with
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

Thanks for this thread. I started my first farm on hard mode just to realize that is too much of that (hard). That was back in November 18 when we had much issues and no landscaping and changing the economy. After that I played on new farmer and normal economy. Since a few weeks I get bored by working myself up with starting a new farm (tried on Mercury, marwell, lipinki, pacific northwest, countryside, woodshire) but never lasted that Long. Only savegames I played Long enough to get a decent farm was ravenport and grizzly mountain. Both are getting too big for single-Player-mode on console (no courseplay, follow me etc) and it is not that fun anymore. I can't do enough logging on grizzly and the farm is built to harvest what the animals Need. The sold animals are good for seeds and stuff like that.

I never ever thougt of changing the economy (either way to hard or easy) but I feel like something is missing in the game. I don't like using the Cheatbox in my savegame and after reading your Posts I think it is time to figure out if a savegame on easymode can bring back the joy of that game that it has in the beginning.
PS4 und PC
FarmerJDC

Post by FarmerJDC »

Do you think I should set them all on easy since I play so many bc thats what I have been considering
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Been thinking of halving the field prices by cheating the money but thinking about it I may just play on easy mode, didn’t realise so many people do. Is it me or is it harder to progress in fs19?
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

For me the Economy setting is largely determined by the map. If it's a map with big fields, where you are going to get a lot of crop harvested, then I probably leave it on Normal Difficulty. If its a 4X or Greater Map with Ridiculous Sized Fields then I probably set it to Hard to offset the insane amount of crop you'll be harvesting. If it's a small map, or a map with lots of small fields or wonky shaped fields which are a pain in the a$$, and I therefore re-work to make more rectangular thus lose even more sowable area, then I put the economy on easy, to make up for the lack of crop you'll harvest.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
FarmerJDC

Post by FarmerJDC »

It does seem to take longer to progress this time around. Even if you do a bunch of contracts