Bug or By Design? : BGA

Dubbelklik

Bug or By Design? : BGA

Post by Dubbelklik »

Hello,

I have recently run into a problem with the BGA. I don't know if it is a bug related to a mod or mods that I recently downloaded or if it is some change that Giants implemented.

I used to be able to dump loose silage into the BGA to produce digestate. I would fill up my mixing wagon with the silage I produced at the bunker there, and dump it into the marked area. It now will not accept loose silage at all, no matter how I attempt to introduce it to the hopper, so I can no longer produce digestate. This is, of course, causing me to re-evaluate my methods of fertilization.

Is anyone else experiencing this, or does someone know if this was a change introduced by Giants in the way the BGA functions? If the latter, how are we to produce digestate now?
"Time's fun when you're having flies."

-Kermit the Frog
Crazof

Re: Bug or By Design? : BGA

Post by Crazof »

do you still own the BGA?
Eische

Post by Eische »

What does the display next to the marked area say?
The standard BGA only has capacity for 50000L silage. So once the display shows 50000, no silage will be accepted until the value drops. It takes some time to convert the silage into digestate.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
Dubbelklik

Post by Dubbelklik »

Crazof wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:18 pm do you still own the BGA?
Yes, I do still own it. In fact it would be very difficult to sell it or lose ownership of it, as I have placed several structures within the boundaries of the property. Additionally I have both silage bunkers filled with either grass or silage, and I can still add grass to the bunker that I haven't turned into silage yet. I can also get what little digestate there is left in the tank into a spreader.

Eische wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:32 pm What does the display next to the marked area say?
The standard BGA only has capacity for 50000L silage. So once the display shows 50000, no silage will be accepted until the value drops. It takes some time to convert the silage into digestate.
Currently it says "0", and I see where you're going. That isn't the problem.

Before this problem arose, when I drove into the marked boundary with a vehicle that had silage in it (mixer or forage wagon) I would get a popup indicating that I was within the boundary, and that the "I" key was to be used to dump the silage. I'd push "I", it would dump out of the vehicle and the counter you refer to would rise accordingly. I no longer get that popup window when I drive into the marked area, so I cannot dump the silage, no matter how I position my vehicle within the marked area. Additionally, using CTRL+I (unload here) to just dump inside the marked boundary doesn't work either. It just makes a mess on the ground that I have to clean up. I have also attempted to use a wheel loader to dump in silage bucket by bucket, into both the marked area and the box behind it where all the silage is. It tells me "That function cannot be applied here".

So you see, the problem isn't that I'm trying to overfill the BGA. The problem is that cannot put anything into it at all, as though I didn't own it. I do own it though, as stated above in my reply to Crazof, and I've used it extensively in the past to make digestate. I also haven't made any settings changes recently. My thought is that it might be a bug related to a mod I recently downloaded, but I can't prove it, and tracking down the mod might prove difficult.

-Kermit the Frog
Eische

Post by Eische »

Alright, thanks for clearing up.
Might be a stupid question: You are sure to dump silage (brown color) into the BGA?

Anyway. For a test can you place a cow husbandry somewhere and put some cows into it (troughs are only active, when animals are in the pen).
Try to fill silage into the feeding trough. If that does not work an shows the same behaviour, it could be one of those things:

- a mod is conflicting --> post your log file: viewtopic.php?f=827&t=88665
- key bindings messed up somehow. Are you using a gamepad?
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
Dubbelklik

Post by Dubbelklik »

Eische wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:43 am Alright, thanks for clearing up.
Might be a stupid question: You are sure to dump silage (brown color) into the BGA?

Anyway. For a test can you place a cow husbandry somewhere and put some cows into it (troughs are only active, when animals are in the pen).
Try to fill silage into the feeding trough. If that does not work an shows the same behaviour, it could be one of those things:

- a mod is conflicting --> post your log file: viewtopic.php?f=827&t=88665
- key bindings messed up somehow. Are you using a gamepad?
It's not a stupid question. Sometimes the solution is something simple; however, in this case I am definitely dumping silage. I created it using the silage bunker right in front of the dumping area. I'm also not using a game pad. I keyboard everything.

I tested it this morning and I can definitely dump silage into my cow pen. On a whim I re-tested the BGA and still can't dump there.

I have attached the LOG file from the specified directory. It seems to indicate some errors with a few mods, but I'm not sure if they are affecting the BGA's behavior or not. I'm tempted to uninstall the ones that are displaying errors, but I'll wait for your analysis.
Attachments
log.txt
(154.81 KiB) Downloaded 66 times

-Kermit the Frog
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

I'd go out on a limb and say the error is being caused by this:

2019-06-07 06:44 data/placeables/mapUS/bga/bga.i3d (114.25 ms)
2019-06-07 06:44 Warning: No fillTypes defined for slot 'placeable.bga.bunker.slot(0)'!

What map are you playing on or what BGA mod are you using?
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Dubbelklik

Post by Dubbelklik »

cwattyeso wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:59 pm I'd go out on a limb and say the error is being caused by this:

2019-06-07 06:44 data/placeables/mapUS/bga/bga.i3d (114.25 ms)
2019-06-07 06:44 Warning: No fillTypes defined for slot 'placeable.bga.bunker.slot(0)'!

What map are you playing on or what BGA mod are you using?
Ravenport.

I think you may be on to something here. How do I fix it?

-Kermit the Frog
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

As it seems to be a fault with a default game bga.i3d file. The only thing I can suggest is to re-verify your game files within Steam, and see if it corrects the problem. If you'e somehow managed to break or corrupt the bga file, then Steam will re-download it and that should then fix the problem.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Dubbelklik

Post by Dubbelklik »

cwattyeso wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:37 pm As it seems to be a fault with a default game bga.i3d file. The only thing I can suggest is to re-verify your game files within Steam, and see if it corrects the problem. If you'e somehow managed to break or corrupt the bga file, then Steam will re-download it and that should then fix the problem.
Unfortunately, this did not fix the problem. After verifying the game files I still cannot dump silage into the BGA.

I filed a ticket with Giants on this issue two days ago. I'm still waiting for a reply. The only thing I can think to do at this point is uninstall/re-install, but I don't don't know if that will also delete all of the mods I've downloaded. I'll wait until I hear from Giants before I do that.

Thanks for the input!

-Kermit the Frog
W1der

Post by W1der »

Did you by any chance use the place anywhere mod and placed something to close by the fill point which now is causing an issue?
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Dubbelklik

Post by Dubbelklik »

W1der wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:15 pm Did you by any chance use the place anywhere mod and placed something to close by the fill point which now is causing an issue?
Nope. I didn't download that mod, and there's nothing interfering with the loading area.

-Kermit the Frog
W1der

Post by W1der »

Have you tried without this mod?

Load mod: FS19_enhancedBGA (Version: 1.0.0.0) (Hash: 36964e51d79680be85b018a3458e2d32)
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Dubbelklik

Post by Dubbelklik »

W1der wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:13 pm Have you tried without this mod?

Load mod: FS19_enhancedBGA (Version: 1.0.0.0) (Hash: 36964e51d79680be85b018a3458e2d32)
That did the trick! A most excellent suggestion, good sir. I didn't even realize I had downloaded that one. Now that I've removed it my BGA is happily turning silage into digestate once again.

Thanks so much for all the great feedback and suggestions from everyone! Never underestimate the power of group think!

-Kermit the Frog
W1der

Post by W1der »

... *thumbsup*