Unloading auger pipe visability from cab view of combines

JTA91

Unloading auger pipe visability from cab view of combines

Post by JTA91 »

I would like to ask if there were any way that Giants could look at improving the visability of the unloading auger pipe from the cab view on all combines? Some machines it's ok on but for example the 9240 case ih you cannot see the auger end from the cab view when you are trying to unload. This was true on the 7130 in fs17 as well(which I hope that combine and headers come back as it's a great machine) but is this possible to be tested in the future for new machines/games? I realize a TON of effort has to to into finding the right camera placement in cab to try and see everything, and I appreciate what you do for us players. I was just curious if this could be looked at and be considered?

Thank you!
Deadeye

Re: Unloading auger pipe visability from cab view of combines

Post by Deadeye »

In real life you would be able to move around more in the cab I suppose, but that can't easily be achieved in this game. Maybe different/more mirrors on those specific machines? I think that'd certainly be doable.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
JTA91

Post by JTA91 »

It sure would help. In fact, I wonder if just as you said, how in real life you can move around a bit or lean while in the cab running to see where your auger is in relation to the truck or wagon, I wonder if having a little bit of adjustment available in the cab view would be possible? Like how we can raise and lower, move in and out our reel on the grain headers, could there be an added section on that control script to allow you to adjust your angle enough to change your view for the better? I fully understand yes I can just click right out to 3rd person mode and see, but I often stay in cab view when working its very immersive just like when I was running the real thing. Popping in and out of a drone view can kill the vibe pretty quick. Again, no complaints but just a thought.
W1der

Post by W1der »

Not sure if it would be so hard to accomplish actually ...

Just add a few more camera positions inside the cab and assign them to a button (or buttons) to switch between them ... as seen in other simulator games.
I have always found the camera movement inside the cab unrealistic (it is basically as if an owl was driving the vehicle the way the camera/head is spinning around it´s own axis) ... :lol:

It would be really nice to be able to move the camera position up/down and right/left ... :this:

Personally I was hoping for GIANTS to add more features around vehicle handling and more camera options this time around, to make it more like a simulator.
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
GenXFarmer

Post by GenXFarmer »

Will pay more attention next time I'm the game, the solution may be making the auger swing further ahead. In real life, the augers move beyond 90 degrees and are angled forward.
Oh, I’m sorry, I thought this was America.
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

GenXFarmer wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:43 pmIn real life, the augers move beyond 90 degrees and are angled forward.
IRL not all auger pipes do.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
W1der

Post by W1der »

b101uk wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:38 pm
GenXFarmer wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:43 pmIn real life, the augers move beyond 90 degrees and are angled forward.
You know it´s 2019 now and that stuff doesnt work as an excuse any more!
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

W1der wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:41 pmYou know it´s 2019 now and that stuff doesnt work as an excuse any more!
neither do blanket erroneous statements work that are peddled as IRL fact, which is what I was commenting on.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
Denhalen

Post by Denhalen »

What about a little screen inside the cab with the view of the other point of the auger looking down. I believe IRL combines have that. And if I am not mistaken a modded combine in FS17 had this. As well as in a modded sugar beet harvester, you can select multiple cameras in a little screen. I find it strange Giants didn't implement this in the base game. Along with a rear facing camera.
W1der

Post by W1der »

I remember seeing a "pipe cam" as one of the views when you toggled through the different cameras.

Was that included in the drive control mod?
GenXFarmer

Post by GenXFarmer »

b101uk wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:38 pm
Combines that count like red and green ones, do.

Silver seeders can rust in the tree line.
Oh, I’m sorry, I thought this was America.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

How about a "lean" system like ETS has? Where you kind of lean out of the cab. This is also taken advantage of in spin tires.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

redglasses wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:18 pm How about a "lean" system like ETS has? Where you kind of lean out of the cab. This is also taken advantage of in spin tires.
Yup! This would be a nice solution. My solution is to go third person because that's my equivalent of moving my head around IRL.

The equipment in the game is modeled from real-world design blueprints. The augers swing to where they're supposed to.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
JTA91

Post by JTA91 »

A pipe cam is a possability that would be great to see, but it still takes you out of the cab and thus still does not acconplish the original idea of seeing your auger just like you would running in real life. A "lean" option is interesting that would work for sure a d not just for the auger but maybe to see a little more around the outside of the cab. Either way it's not a huge deal but it would definetly help a lot. Try to cut a few truck loads without seeing your auger in 1st person and it gets a but tricky Haha.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Pipe cam was a feature in the drive control mod in 17 I believe.