Is FS19 missing something?

Dagrump

Re: Is FS19 missing something?

Post by Dagrump »

I finally had to upgrade my computer and was careful to select something that would run FS19. I ended up with a Dell with 16 gb memory and a GTX1050ti graphic card with 3mb of memory run with an i7-8700 cpu. I never knew FS17 was so good to the point I am somewhat let down on my expectations for FS19.

I have been playing on the maps Loan Oaks Farm and Tazewell County Illinois with FS17 and was completely blown away on the game improvement and looks with the new computer. I am now playing on the Michigan Map V3 with FS19. I really don't see a great deal of improvement in the background scenery and if anything it is not as good as FS17 - but this may be the fault of the map itself.

Things I miss are the Extended AI, a working Game Play extension, seasons, and implement choice. No sprayers, not much trailer (tipper) choice and a lack of sowing equipment.

Operations: The AI is inconsistent and the constant repairing of tractors and implements is just unrealistic. I was also disappointed in the tractor roster. Nice to see JD available but some other models where no longer there. I am sure there are more mods coming to modhub.

I would like to see a FS19 version of Loan Oaks Farm and Tazewell County

Just my two cents - but both games are not only fun but addictive.
Farming with a Dell PC on Maps:
FS17: Loan Oaks Farm and Western Shore
FS19: Upper Mississippi River Valley, Bucks County, Pa, Huron County Michigan
FS22 Back Roads County, Stone Valley 22, Green Valley Nebraska and Huron County Michigan
tacdiver235

Post by tacdiver235 »

It seems like that there is a lot of cross-platform talk occurring in this post. PCvsX1vsPS4. Hard to have a great discussion when folks are coming from different backgrounds. Also, I would be curious as to the gaming background of folks. FS19, to me, feels very fake in its presentation. Kind of like television food commercials where marketers paint or gloss the actual food to make it appear amazing on camera. Real-world does not look perfect. FS19 at times comes across that way. As if the "world" is without a mar. FS17, whether because of dated tech or on purpose, gave an imperfect UI feedback it felt like. I have tried to like FS 19. I have NOT tried patch 1.3. I will try again here shortly. FS17 still seems to be the better game until then. I am disappointed with myself for pre-ordering this game. Never again. do not even get me started on the addition of horses. So much wasted energy. Just, IMHO.
billy_roberts_81

Post by billy_roberts_81 »

Perhaps there is more behind this than we realise.

For instance I've played Farm Sim 17 on both Console and PC and they are night and day difference.

I played BulletBills West Coast map, and the difference was massive. For starters the draw distance is massively reduced on console, whereas the custom skies on the PC version gave the map a much nicer feel and more immersion, overall the console version felt ok but quite bland compared to the Pc version.

So maybe this is why were getting some players, perhaps mostly from a console background who feel Fs19 is a massive step forward as to them Fs17 wasn't that good looking, but for PC players it doesn't feel as big a step as we were used to a far better looking game.

A friend of mine plays Fs17 on his 4K monitor and that looks even better than my lowly 1080p monitor.
He also reckons that Fs19 looks far better at 4K, whereas on my monitor he hates Fs19.

So maybe depending on your hardware has an impact on how Fs19 looks.
OlavEmil

Post by OlavEmil »

No, I'm a PC user, FS19 IS a massive step forward graphics wise.
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

I think a problem with the game is the game engine which doesn't seem very efficient. Or at least that's how I read the fact that for some reason I cannot get the game engine to take full advantage of my PC.

Just loaded up an old FS17 Goldcrest save, 350 hours in, 600 animals so a lot of stuff on the map. With all graphics settings maxed out it'll run at 60fps, without maxing out the graphics card or cpu, the graphics occasionally hit 85%.
But with an FS19 save of Mercury Farms, 150 hours in with loads of equipment. Even without maxing the settings the game often drops below 60fps, but never get much over 50-60% graphics even when I manage to push the fps down to 20fps.

This is an i7-8700k, RTX2070 and 32GB RAM

Surely if the game engine was working correctly it should keep asking for more power from the cpu or the gpu if the fps starts to drop?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

OK edits time, you know how when you start writing things down you start to ask other questions.

So back in FS19 I noticed that the game was hurting particularly badly on one vehicle, the Rostselmash 161 Harvester. The FPS was dropping to around 20 when driving it but GPS was still hovering around 55% use. I wondered if this was just harvesters causing an issue, so turn off save and loan a couple of harvesters to drive around, no problems still steady at around 60fps with no drop-offs. So I lease another RSM161, at the store it works fine, drive it to my farm next to the existing one, still good. Perhaps dirt is causing the problem, clean it, still 20fps.

Park it at a workshop to check for extras, it has wide tyres but that won't break the game will it? Switch it back to normal tyres and it's massive change, stays at 60fps and when it starts to drop the gpu usage goes up not just this vehicle but all vehicles. Just for a try I thought I'd put the wides back on and see what happens, no change, getting around 60fps and the gpu is being used hard.

So not sure what is going on but something is weird.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
Snowmexican

Post by Snowmexican »

Mods on ps4 maybe got three of four since Christmas
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

Snowmexican wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:37 pm Mods on ps4 maybe got three of four since Christmas
You need to press L3 to show all mods.
Stevo0114

Post by Stevo0114 »

Really can't believe people are still having this problem it was one of the first things I noticed
Love FS fav tractor Case I h. FS 19 has caught up and is now for me better than fs17
Playing on xbox one x, Thanks to Giants and all modders who make the game great.
Love this community so thanks guys
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Snowmexican wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:37 pm Mods on ps4 maybe got three of four since Christmas
You will feel like it’s Christmas when you click ‘show all mods’
Stevo0114

Post by Stevo0114 »

Why don't Giant just have all mod on display with this option they could adjust for upcoming update on Tuesday
Love FS fav tractor Case I h. FS 19 has caught up and is now for me better than fs17
Playing on xbox one x, Thanks to Giants and all modders who make the game great.
Love this community so thanks guys
Snowmexican

Post by Snowmexican »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:49 pm
You will feel like it’s Christmas when you click ‘show all mods’
Wow is giants stupid I literally stopped playing the game because I thought modders had given up
Guil

Post by Guil »

It shows on screen how to show all mods.
DevilkidHUN

Post by DevilkidHUN »

Guil wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:45 pm It shows on screen how to show all mods.
Yes, on a bright background with white symbole and text color. That's what I look for, obviously. Why would you want something that people can notice?
Xbox 1 Felsbrunn If I make any mistake,
please correct me:)
Guil

Post by Guil »

DevilkidHUN wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:32 pm
Guil wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:45 pm It shows on screen how to show all mods.
Yes, on a bright background with white symbole and text color. That's what I look for, obviously. Why would you want something that people can notice?
Don't shoot the messenger and the point still stands.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

I mean it is dumb tbh, the “top” mods should be a tab in the modhub rather then the default view.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer